Canadian Tire / online order to pick up next day in store

1 Sarnia, Ontario, Canada

I ordered an item online at the Sarnia ON location, said 2 were in stock and after I ordered said 1 in stock. Got a confirmation of purchase email, then a second email stating they'd message before 4 p.m. the next day saying it was ready for pick up. It was a one item order and should have been simple and ready right away as I'd bet there weren't too many other online orders for this store. I gave my husbands email as the pick up person but instead of emailing him they emailed me, I was at work 10-6 & I don't have access to my account while at work, said the transaction was canceled. I live 25 minutes out of Sarnia and when he didn't get an email by 3/3:30 he went to the store only to be told the transaction was cancelled. There was no reason given to him. The email stated item no longer available. When someone orders the item and pays in advance that item should be retrieved from the sales floor RIGHT THEN not the next day. There are other stores that will now get my "order online pick up next day " orders. I'll probably never shop at Canadian Tire again as this was an extremely poor experience and a terrible way to run things.

Canadian Tire