Canadian Tire / bad customer service
Hi all. On April 10th 2006 I purchased battery from the Canadian Tire in Port Coquitlam B.C. for my motorcycle. On July 28th 2006 it died, lasting only 15 weeks. I was quite a ways from home (2.5 hours) or a Canadian Tire when this happened, so I had to purchase a new battery. The store offered to hold my battery for a while incase I was able to pick it up. I was not able to get the battery myself but a friend was passing the store on her way to my place and brought it to me, that was October 20th 2006.
On Sunday the 22nd I went to the store with the battery and receipt. I spoke with an associate in the store and was informed the warranty had expired 10 days earlier so she could do nothing for me because if she did it would come back on her as the warranty had expired at midnight 10 days earlier. She suggested I phone the next day and talk to one of the managers, Sean. I spoke with Sean on Monday the 23rd and basically all he said was that since it was past the 'magic date' they could do nothing as the store would not be reimbursed and they would lose money on it. That same day I phoned Canadian Tire's 800 customer service number to see if they could help. All they did was repeat what Sean had said, if it's past the magic day, then they would do nothing for me.
Yes I know that the warranty was technically over but for a few short days they are willing to lose a customer ? The money they may have lost on the battery would have been made up in short order with my future purchases as I in the store weekly. They will be losing a lot more because they chose not to provide good customer service, or any customer service for that point.
There is NOTHING Canadian Tire sells that I can't get else where. In fact the battery I bought from Discount Battery Warehouse replace theirs was $15 cheaper and has double the warranty.
I WILL NOT BE SPENDING MY MONEY AT CANADIAN TIRE ANY LONGER.
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire - poor policy and bad customer service! 
- Canadian Tire - Customer Service - clearance item for sale 
- Canadian Tire - return department
- [Resolved] Canadian Tire - retail services
- Canadian Tire - customer relations
- Canadian Tire - customer service re: tires