Canadapets / Charged for product, but never received it!

4470 Cowichan Lake RdDuncan, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
4.1
Phone: 888-792-PETS (7387)

On December 10th 2007 I bought via webpage a equine collar named Vicebreaker trainer. After I payed, I asked them if they have shipping service to Mexico, they said no so, I respond the email saying that there was no problem. I went 3 weeks to Mexico expecting that while I was down there, the product would arrive to my address in Canada. On January 4th, I return from my trip and notice that the product hasn't arrived yet, so I wrote them an email, they said that there was a mistake, that they thought that I cancel the order after they told me that they don't ship to Mexico (the $572.30 CAD were still charged as a withdrawal in my bank account), so I accept them to send me the item again and receive it on January 18th. After many emails, today (January 30th they respond me telling me that my order has been canceled due my request, but the money has not be refund to my bank account.

Comments

Ca
  30th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
This complaint is untrue. Our company does not ship to Mexico, which was clearly communicated to the client upon receipt who then cancelled the order with us. Some time later, she contacted us again claiming the order had not been received but by then, the order had been cancelled per her original request and refunded in full. The comments above are born of frustration purely due to the fact that we do not ship to Mexico and are clearly designed to taint. While we strive to offer the very best service to all of our customers, sometimes it's just not possible to meet every single request. It is our position that this issue was handled promptly & professionally and was refunded in full upon her request as per our policy.
Bl
  17th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I'mkind of leaning towards the client as I have an order right now that was placed march 3rd and paid an extra 18.99 for 3 day delivery, today is march 17th, no one answers your phone ever... I tried calling for 3 hours one day, and then about an hour every day since, all I ever get is that your reps are busy and to leave a message. After leavin gnumerous messages, I have yet to receive a call back.

I did however have my bank account debited for price of product and 3 day shipping.
I did receive 2 email responses, one the week after I ordered telling me it will be shipped by the end of the week, then the next week I got another email saying it will be shipped at the end of the week. Wondering if I'll get anothe remail telling me it will be another week.
Personally your customer service is horrible, emails are very un professional, and your phone support well I can't tell cause can never talk to anyone and you never return messages.
Disgruntled Canadian Buyer
Cl
  14th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I bough by internet a no bark collar last september 9, I paid also for the Xpress shipping in 3 days. Now we are in the middle of november and I'm still waiting...I let many messages on the website and on the phone, and NOBODY answered me back...very bad company...don't buy anything from them!!
  19th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
CanadaPets simply does not deliver. I am surprised they even respond to these complaints here seeing as though they have not returned any of my phone calls or emails.
Purchased an electronic fence over two weeks ago and they took my money but still no product, or communication as to where my fence is!

Bottom Line - DO NOT ORDER ANY PRODUCTS FROM CANADAPETS.COM
Ri
  10th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I sympathize with the others who've had bad experiences with Canadapets.
Here's my bad experience.
Through their web site I ordered an item a couple of months ago. I imediately received an invoice and my credit card was charged. After about two weeks I started emailing and phoning them to request a delivery date. They finnaly responded by email to my many email and phone messages. Over two months I was was twice told there would be delays of a few weeks. The second delay I chose to cancel my order. I contacted the US manufacturer directly who informed me they had stock of the item I ordered. Why was Canadapets claiming delays?
Canadapets makes a big deal on their web site about providing good customer service yet I was treated poorly. Their web site IMO is misleading since you are directed to their site from urls such as (manufacturesname).ca which leads you to beleive they are an approved Canadian dealer of the product. Yet the manufacturer of the product I ordered does not even list them as an approved dealer on their web site.
In my experience they:
Did not answer their phone live so I could only leave messages which were never returned.
Only answered my emails twice after my many tries over two months.
Failed to deliver my order in a timely manner. Two months is unreasonable when the US manufacturer has stock.

Think I'm being to critical, try this before you order. Call or email them asking to track an order you've placed (not place an order). I think you'll decide to shop elsewhere.
  11th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I must agree with all of the above. Similar to the poster above, I waited over 2 months, and each time I enquired about the delivery date I was told (when I finally received an email) that there was a supplier backorder and another 2-3 weeks was added to the waiting time. I finally cancelled my order after similarly enquiring of the US supplier and being assured there was no supplier backorder. I don't know what their game is... perhaps they just hope that people will give up or forget about their orders and they make money that way??
I ordered somewhere else and received my product within the week.
Very disappointing, as I had ordererd from them several years ago and had exellent service. Not this time... and never again unfortunately.
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I ordered a Sport Basic G3 on Oct. 7, 2009 and have received the same treatment. They have the item listed in stock and yet they claim that they don't have it! I have just finished emailing Tritonics telling them about the poor service. They still have this item listed 'in stock'!

I too am planning on cancelling my order. Does anyone know the best place to order these collars?
You can put a complaint in with the Better Business Bureau:

Agree Disagree -2 Votes
they claim on their website to be members of the BBB but they are not according to the BBB website. Def a sketchy business happening there...and yes, everything says in stock on the website, but apparently its not the truth...
Ri
  18th of Dec, 2009
MicheleA,
The Tritronics Sport basic G3 was what I ordered from Canadapets but finally cancelled due to delays.
I called the US manufacturer Tritronics who informed me they ship to Canada. They just cautioned me to choose mail rather than courier or it may get stuck at customs.
It may be cheaper through some discount retailer but at his point I don't care if I pay a bit more. At least Titronics answers the phone.
The good news is Canadapets refunded my Credit card charge within a week.
RickF
Thanks Rick.

Just checked with Visa and it just went through today! YAY! They still have the collar listed 'in stock'.

There's no back up order at Tri0-tonics.

I don't get their game!!!

It's been quite stressful waiting for the refund to go through. But it did. I'm glad to be done with them.

I'll be ordering thru Tri-tonics in the New Year, as I want to get past the busy postal service time!
Lo
Oh how I wish I had seen this complaint a month ago :(
I ordered a tri tronics collar on Nov 29th & paid extra for expedited next day shipping.

I emailed them a few days later when my collar didn't arrive. They told me that the product was out of stock & would take 3 weeks to arrive so I cancelled the order.

I still have not received my $260 refund.

I have sent numerous emails but have had no response regarding this problem so I am now looking at other options to reclaim my money.

DO NOT BUY FROM CANADAPETS!
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Just checked the Canadapets website and I don't see their claim to being a member of the BBB on the page anymore! We are having an impact... can't believe how many people have been put out by this company, do they have ANY satisfied customers???
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Charliegn: Nope, it's still on! If you go into their site to look at products, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on company: it comes up. It just doesn't come up on their home page anymore. Maybe I'll let the BBB know that it's still there. I sent the link to my email and when you click on the link; it's not there any more! I don't get it. But it's definately still on their site! I just sent the page to my email and copied and pasted:

Shop with confidence through a member of the Better Business Bureau. We are a real store, shipping world-wide from our facilities right here in beautiful BC. Nowadays, with so many of these auction web-sites and shady ".com's" out there we are very proud to state one simple fact. We have been around for years and you can rest assured we, at least, will still be here tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and at any time in the future should you ever need assistance with your purchase

Louise: put a complaint in with the BBB. Then email Canadapets and ask for a refund. Make sure that you cc the BBB on your email. Once he sees that you've cced the BBB he should reply promptly. That's what worked for me. You'll receive the BBB email address when they confirm that they received your complaint. This will happen within minutes of you filling out the complaint.
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Michele - I am still not seeing the logo on their website... when I click on company.. I can see where it was before and its not there now.. I actually took screen shots of the website so I could have proof in case it came down to a legal battle LOL and in case they started changing their "terms" on the website.
Still waiting on my visa refund also, though canadapets confirmed by email that they had cancelled my order about 10 days ago...
Charliegn: http://www.tritronics.ca/whytritronics.htm

Try going in this way. Go to a products page, scroll down to 'company' and click that. I did notice that on their www.canadapets.com website that it's gone.

You should have received an email statement showing reversed charges on your account with their merchant number etc. Not just an email of intent. After you receive a proper statement it should take about 5 business days.
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Michele A. - the statement that you copied and pasted is not there any more... and I don't see the BBB logo no matter where I click. ??? and the "company" link at the bottom of the page from the link you sent me above leads to a deadend...
Agree Disagree -2 Votes

scroll down to the bottom and click company. On my computor it's still there.
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
No, can't see it at all anymore.. tried two different browsers. Oh well.
It says

"Shop with confidence - We are a real store shipping worldwide... etc etc,

the reference to the BBB has been deleted.
Le
  28th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
We ordered an electronic pet door at the beginning of November. Was twice told it was delayed making the final available date the end of December. We said no, canceled the order and asked for a refund on December 8th. No response for a week. We sent another e-mail asking for confirmation which they responded by e-mail on the 18th stating we would receive confirmation of a refund shortly. We have received nothing. We are now going to be dealing the credit card company as Canadapets seems to not be doing anything.