Canada Postpackage returned back to the seller immediately without notice

N Nov 23, 2017

I had a package with the tracking no. [protected] from Ontario supposed to deliver to my home (Vancouver) on 20th November 2017 . I was staying home and waiting for my parcel for a whole day, after checking Canada post online tracking service then I found the postman left the delivery note in the mailbox silently. Why the postman didn't knock the door even press the door chime? On 21st November, 2017, I went to the Post office branch near my home. A girl from the branch told me that, she couldn't find my package under the delivery note no. [protected]. When I went to the Post office again on 22nd November, 2017 to check it again. the staff told me, my package has been returned back to the sender in Ontario. I was calling the Canada Post Customer Service hotline, but a lady ( customer service) couldn't answer me, how come returned my package to the sender without any notice? Honestly, I feel very upset that because the post office (Richmond branch) would handle my package like that? I wish you may give me an answer cause it's absolutely ridiculous.

Thank you for your kind attention and look forward to hearing from you soon.