Canada Post / international parcel delivery

1 Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada

Family of mine sent me a parcel from Europe near the end of November 2015. By mid December I had not heard anything yet but it is the holiday season, it was kind of expected that the parcel could be late. Yesterday (1/13/16) I asked the sender if they had any tracking numbers because I s till had not received the parcel yet. They tracked the package and found out that it had been at the local depot since December 2nd, 2015. I went to the depot, who checked it, informed me that two delivery attempts were made and a letter was sent to my home address to let me know the package was there. Since I work at home, I always see the mailman go around the street and I can assure you that no delivery attempts were made, and the letter... never seen anything in my mailbox. On December 19th they returned it to the sender in Europe, who as per today have not received it back yet. Two delivery attempts and a letter, and I did not see a thing? Very disappointed. It was just a parcel with some gifts so nothing urgent or super important but still...

Re