Campos Chartered Law Firm / Did not save my credit score!

1 Syosset, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-701-4928

After telling me that they would negotiate with my creditors and keep me out of court, and advising me to go ahead and max out my credit cards, I learned that they continue to take money from my checking account, and that they have not even contacted my creditors and are actually keeping my money until they have enough to pay their fee and pay off my accounts.

Meanwhile, my credit card companies are filing lawsuits against me and Campos will do nothing to help me for at least three years.

Va

Comments

He
  18th of Dec, 2007

They are terrible, they took us for 2100 dollars, and when they refunded it to us, and we deposited it, they put a stop payment on the check!! We are in more than 400 dollars for bank fees and etc... Do not EVER use these people, they are scam artists and their customer service is dreadful...

Me
  19th of Dec, 2007

Why don't you people stop talking your creditors. Obviously you listened to nobody but your banking masters. Now you burned your bridges and the ###'s starting to hit the fan because you ###ed everything up. I'm not going to shed any fake tears for your dumb ###. I work in collections and when I receive letters from attornies like that I toss them in the garbage, then proceed to rip into people like you.

You are the person who incurred the debt, and you can't just get bailed out that easily. If you actually practiced a little discipline and followed the terms of the contract, it would have worked. And if they're such scam artists, why are they still in business? It's people like you that are making this economy crash by taking out credit that you had no business taking out in the first place.

It's your fault you got into debt, and it's your fault your lack of patience and discipline why you're still in debt. Now nobody is going to work with anything, you have lost all credibility. You've probably heard this before, and let it echo once again.

PAY YOUR BILLS DEBTOR!

21st of Dec, 2007

And that's the reason that people like you get sued for going against the fair collections debt practices. You don't know anyones story, you may think that you do, but you don't know ###. You guys are paid slimeballs. And for your information, I got a refund from them and paid off my debt. So take your advice somewhere else. Being a banking master has nothing to do with getting ripped off, but apparently you're a rocket scientist... Also, how do you know if I followed contract? I'm sorry I didn't know you were an attorney on top of everything else! Wow... You are truly a class act my friend. For the record, they're on their way out of business, due to all of the complaints from the better business bureau. So, do some research before you defend a company before you talk trash to someone who has dealt with them.

Me
  21st of Dec, 2007

hehe i'm actually a marine biologist if you wanna poke fun. Me gut tells me that you've got waay more debt than 2k so how's the rest of them gonna get paid? Think, think, think! Better think quick before you get served by a marshall.

Oh yea... it's Fair Debt Collections Practices you dimwit. I'm no banking master, if I were I would not be wasting my time with the likes of you. I would be busy finding ways to take more wealth from the petty nation-states of the world. Oh yea, if you don't know... it's the bankers who have been ripping people off for thousands of years. It looks like someone needs to do some real fact gathering and stop listening to what the TV tells you about banking.

It's funny how you people say "research" and think you're so damn smart. You're not taking a sample of the program to a lab, and running tests, putting it over a bun son burner, wearing funny lab coats, wearing saftey goggles. There is no hypothesis that you put through theory, and banging out reports and conclusions. I wasn't defending that lawfirm either, i was just pointing out simple fact because 99% of the time people just don't want to pay the people they hire. And when things don't go their way they want to blame everyone but themselves.

Oh yea... the BBB isn't ###. They are a private company with no governmental oversight powers what so ever. People pay them money for a good reputation and are owned by the banks. The bbb can't toutch them, people may throw a ### fit, but they have no power to do anything except take complaints! It's obvious you spend more time watching tv and keeping your head in the sand to the obvious reality.

If you were so smart you could have settled them on your own, instead of running to someone who you think is going to work for free. There is plenty of books out there on the matter try reading a book if you have the attention span for it. I Thought they did a stop payment and your bank account is trashed, obviously you're so full of ### your eyes are brown, and even your complaint has lies in it. I may be a slime ball, but your willful ignorance makes you just as bad as me.

24th of Dec, 2007

They did do a stop payment you dipshit... Anyways, as fun as it has been to argue with you, i must bid you good day...

Fighting on the internet... just like the special olympics, even if you win you're still ###ed...

Happy Holidays.

Us
  10th of Jan, 2008

To the ultra intelliget marine biologist... You sound really stupid. you don't even know simple grammar, and reading your input in this conversation makes it very clear that you are just some ### who spends way, way to much time on the internet. Your e-mail sound like you get your kicks from starting fights in blogs on complaint boards. What? Do you think of yourself as the collection company crusader because you are in collections??? I assure there are people who work in the collections field who have debt. Why don't you get an effing life and grow some balls and harass people in real life instead of your cowardly harassment online?

Us
  10th of Jan, 2008

"there is plenty of books out there on the matter"
"there are plenty of books out there on the matter"

Wow... very intelligent.

17th of Jan, 2008

Sweet, thanks for the back up :-) He just wanted to start trouble with me... douche bag...

11th of Feb, 2008

I seriously doubt anyone advised you to max out your credit cards, then, stop paying. This is fraud. So, if I ask you to rob a bank to end your money trouble are you going to listen? I have been in this program for 1 year and during that time there customer service has improved dramatically. To date they are doing exactly what the contract to employ says they will do, and, even answered court papers I was served with. If you did max out, then enroll, you may be experiencing Karma!

Je
  11th of Feb, 2008

I got on this program in April of 2007 and most of my debt is almost paid off. I did not have ANY credit cards just over $5000 in Medical Bills that I had from a car accident. Most of my Medical bills went to collections because I was out of work and had no money to pay for them and the creditors would not stop calling and harassing me. I tried paying as much as I could and was still depressed over this entire matter. A friend of mine recommended Campos Chartered and I called and they have been nothing but nice to me. They faxed me over a contract that I read over and signed. They negotiated my $5600 worth of bills to only $3100 and its almost all paid off for. My harassment calls have stopped and I am now truly happy and so thankful for this companies help.

I am not saying my credit score is sky high but it really has improved from what it was just a year ago.

12th of Feb, 2008

I have just started in the program and so far I have been on a rollercaoster ride. I was not aiming to get over my head in debt, I was just trying to get by and robbing peter to pay paul really catches up with you. For 2 years I told my husband that things were fine until one day I left the check register on the table and that is when the s%#t hit the fan. I almost lost my marriage and my two kids until I saw the commercials on TV I did not know what I was going to do.

So I hope that I read some positive info on this blog or I am back in the same boat...again.

El
  14th of Feb, 2008

I have just enrolled in Campos and I am waiting patiently to see how everything goes. When I get calls from my creditors I just explain to them that I made an error in my checking account and didn't realize it until I checked my account online and found that I was $400. in the red. I have still got hundreds of dollars in over draft fees because they add $30. for every seven days. The creditors wanted me to do some kind of credit help, but I had already signed a contract with Campos. If my creditors had offered me help in the beginning I would have gone for it, but they didn't. We shall see.

14th of Feb, 2008

Just received my first letter from another attorneys office and now I am real nervous, I should have filed for bancruptcy, but since people have taken advantage of the program it is not easy to do that now. So I will just try to keep faith in CCLF and hope that I can get through the next few years.

I did not mean to get in this shape. I am trying.

Ma
  19th of Feb, 2008

I am now scared shitless. I signed with this company in October 2007. I am still getting phone calls from 2 of my creditors. Everytime I call CCLF, they tell me it will stop soon. I couldn't find any negative stuff before I signed with them, now it seems there is alot. Does anyone have anything good to say about them?

Sc
  20th of Feb, 2008

We entered into the program in Sept 2007 and we have 2 creditors who are threatening to take our accounts to file a lawsuit against us. They say that they've never received anything from Campos (I'm beginning to believe that they do actually just trash the communications). I think we're going to file bankruptcy.

Go
  25th of Feb, 2008

I signed up with CCLF back in June of 2007 and I just received a court order for one of my accounts. I am scared to death. I called CCLF and they told me they would call me back within 24 to 72 hours. HELLO - I just received a court order!!! I called three times, just got off the phone prior to reading your e-mails and I don't know what to think. I don't know if I have to hire a lawyer now after paying all my money to them. I also received Arbritration papers from another account on Friday and received a call from an account today that should have been PAID considering the amount that is due. I am disgusted and I told them so. I am disabled and on social security, what am I supposed to do. I used my credit cards for food and clothing for my son while I was waiting for my disability.

Go
  26th of Feb, 2008

Just had to hire a lawyer because of the summons I received in the mail. Campos said they could not help me and they would delete that creditor from the list and my amount of money I owed would go down - gee thanks - but no thanks. After taking me for $5,000 - I'll take care of things myself!!!!

4th of Mar, 2008

Wow, does this mean that I should get out now?? I had a feeling that this was too good to be true. This is more stressfull than before I called them. ANY positive advice or stories???

Ju
  10th of Mar, 2008

I have been in the program since January 2008. I have called 27 times and have not been called back once. I am canceling everything now!!! They are horrible. I told DISCOVER that I was enrolled and gave them my information. I then received a letter from a DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY three days ago. Screw them and screw the debtors. If I can't pay and they take me to court. They won't get anything because everything I have belongs to the banks. I am 50,000 dollars in the hole on my house due to the economy and housing market. I lost $120,000 in equity in less than 10 months. What will they do, send me to jail. that will make things better. Then they'll never get a dime. Why? I 'll definitly lose my job and won't be able to get another one. If the debtors would just negotiate then they would get paid. They already made a small fortune from the intrest I have paid over the last 10 years. CAMPOS SUCKS!!!!!

Am
  14th of Mar, 2008

If I were any of you get out NOW before they take your money!! I joined in Oct 07 and ended it in Feb. I was served court papers that fast by 2 creditors and they did nothing to help turned out when I got my money back out of escrow what I should of gotten back was 1360 they only returned 280 *ucking dollars. All they care about is getting money not helping you we are in worse shape now. I know we did it to ourselves but the companies out there that say they can help should and not take advantage of people.Just my opionion.