Campos Charter Law Firm / Did not settle debt and kept the money

United States Review updated:
4.1

I went through Campos Charter Law firm to settle my debt well over a year ago and as of yesterday they still have not taken care of my debt. They told me they had sent out letters to these creditors, but they did not. Now I am getting a bunch of calls from these creditors and the creditors have never even heard of Campos. I told them I wanted my money back and they said they didn't know when it would be sent out. Apparently Laura Hess has put a freeze on all refunds. Here is a website to go to if you're with Campos or have been ripped off by them or one of their associates. You might want to check this out. http://lbfmiami.com/active_cases_recieverships_hess.html
It sounds like there are a lot of unhappy people.
Ra

Comments

Oc
  8th of Nov, 2008
Campos Law Firm never lived up the contract THEY submitted to me and I am sure to many others. Nothing was done by this Law Firm, except take my money. I have learned the hard way that all the negative comments about LAWYERS are indeed true.
I am filiing a claim immediately for a return of all of my money invested.
Ca
  13th of Nov, 2008
I am just beside myself, I thought I would be less stressed and my creditors would be taken care of with Campos by paying them to help me out. Now I am more- so stressed for I have been with Campos for a year now and nothing has been done. I actually had to go to court for one of my creditors had a lawsuit against me which is still pending and now I am getting phone calls from my other creditors, I do not know what to do or whom I can trust now. I would like all my money invested back. I am semi-retired and work part-time, support myself and I am struggling. I am so very concerned to the whole outlook of this large problem. The money I have put out for Campos Law Firm, I had to go without alot inorder to make my monthly payments to them for I thought I would see at the end of the tunnel, that is not happening. I hope they are punished big time for this, for myself and all the other people that are involved.
Im
  18th of Nov, 2008
I just do not understand why someone would pay someone else money to pay on their debts. If you are having trouble paying your bills, why make another bill? If these companies tell you they can save you money, they dont do it 4 free. If you do a settlement, that is still a bad mark on your CBR. You still wind up paying close to the original amount of the debt without the benefits showing on your CBR. The vast majority of creditors will work out payment schedules and/or settlements for FREE? I really dont follow the logic in paying these people. They are largely unregulated.
Ke
  9th of Dec, 2008
I signed up for a debt settlement last March with the Credit Exchange and they were with Hess/Kennedy and I paid 1, 000.00 dollars down payment . My payments with them were to be 187.85 a month till I reached 5, 320.50 to settle my debt. I paid this until 9-29-08. I have paid them 2, 127.10 at the time I received the papers saying I was betting ripped off. I called and they told me I only had 800.00 in escrow...NO WAY...they are trying to keep their fee when they did nothing for me. I have sent all my proof to them of what I payed and tried to call this company many times but they never call me back. I just want to know why I have to wait till after March of 2009 to get anything done. I know I will never trust any of these companies again I will save the money myself and try to work with my creditor myself...Really feel like a fool.
Ro
  21st of Feb, 2009
I VE BEEN RIPPED OFF TWO AND ITS HARD TIMES RIGHT NOW I COULD USE MY >>> MONEY BACK THEY TOOK 185.00 A MONTH FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS AND DID NOT SEND ANY LETTRES TO ME OR MY CREIT CARD COMPONY NOW IAM GETTING CALLS I THINK THEY SHOULD RETURN EVEYONES MONEY, WHAT THEY DID IS NOT RIGHT THEY TOLD ME THAT BY APRIL OF 2009 THEY SHOULD HAVE REFUNS CHECKS IN THE MAIL LET HOPE SO BE-FORE THING REALLY GET BAD
St
  30th of Mar, 2009
Steve. they were wrong and should be punished.I could use the money back.3/30/09
My
  31st of Mar, 2009
I'm waiting on a huge refund check too. I lost the notice they sent me in the mail, but are they really going to send all refund checks by April 2009?
Ja
  4th of Apr, 2009
Today is 4/04/09 and I'am still waiting and i have trying to get to the web site with no luck . I just hope that this is not another scam.
Le
  10th of Apr, 2009
AND TODAY IS 04/10/09 AND HEARE I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO TELL ME SOMETHING. I KEEP WRITING EMAIL AND PHONE CALL BUT NOTHING. THEY TOLD ME THAT I HAVE TO WAIT AND THAT THEY DON'T KNOW WHEN I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK. I WISH THERE IS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE. IT SEEMS THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF.
Ja
  1st of May, 2009
today is may 1 st and i have nothing i have been trying to get the web site but nothing calling and no luck can anyone help
Fo
  12th of Jul, 2009
Laura Hess and Hess-Kennedy are/were being investigated by the FL attorney general. If you haven't filed a formal complaint, you should. I'm not sure as to the outcome but I know they can not take any clients for debt settlement any longer.
Fo
  12th of Jul, 2009
Just so you know...any down payment to a law office for debt settlement is considered a retainer fee. It does not go toward settling your debts and is non-refundable. Some companies can actually settle your debts, but most people can not come up with the funds needed in time to settle all their debts before one of their creditors take them to court or freeze their bank accounts. Do your research before you agree or sign a retainer agreement! What you will find out is that some law offices use processing companies to handle nearly all of the clients accounts. Most accounts are never reviewed by a lawyer at all.

Campos Chartered Law Firm Logo Campos Chartered Law Firm