Camping World / rv on consignment

1 Macon, GA, United States Review updated:

We were approached on facebook by a sales person of camping world of Mac on because he saw our ad about selling our brand new 2017 rv. He said we pay nothing, we agree on selling price, they do the rest. We brought it in, sat around a public table, constant employee and customers traffic, we told them we wanted 20, 000 firm, it was a month old, we bought extras, and we purchased for almost 22, 000. They shoved papers in front of us to what they said was a similar rv, with figures of 17, to 19, we dropped to 19, come to find out later this rv they showed us was a 2016 less all the features it came with. It took 10 days to list, the 5 pictures were awful and there was a lot of false information on it, they actually have it down as having and am/gmail CASSETTE plater, um hello, really? They need to find new advertiser, then we find out they put the selling price of 24, 995, after telling us we are not gonna come close to getting 20, 000 for it. We wanted them to change, no response, we wanted to pick up our rv but then noticed in the print of contract that we have to pay 499.00 for advertising, not for false advertising, I wont, I put in a complaint with BBB, been a week and nothing and Ingo is still the same on ad site, I am one day away from going to the news, I here ABC the fixer does wonders, they want this kind of publicity, fine, ...untrustworthy and greedy and absolutely no communication at all, they have no idea of what good customers service is

Su
Dec 21, 2016

Comments

20th of Apr, 2018

I consigned my 2013 park model Keystone Hideout to Camping World Kingston. It was in near perfect condition...minor wear and tear...all the bells and whistles...someone looking to buy it when I was selling it snapped the cabinet door. I was selling for $18, 000. Camping World settled with me for me to get $14, 650...they said I'd never get $18, 000. They advertised it for $19, 995. Within the first 90 days I was told I had to replace the roof (I had no leaks, no problems), the awning motor (there was no problem with the awning when I turned it over to them), the back door hinge (no problem with the door when I had it) and of course the cabinet door. I had my homeowners insurance go over the trailer and they said Camping World wanted to put a whole new 5 year roof on it, that they had removed the awning cap and wires were exposed causing the awning problem. The cabinet door was still broke and there was no problem with the back door. I refused to pay for a new roof...only to reseal the roof.

I should note that the reason I was selling is because my husband had suddenly passed away and I couldn't afford, nor wanted to keep, our seasonal site.

90 days...not sold. 60 more days and it disappears off the website. It sold. But not for what they wanted and being that I needed the money I settled for $11, 900 and they paid for the "repairs" . I was told to sign and fed-ex the title overnight on March 26. I did...and now April 20th I still await my money. Nobody can tell me why I don't have it other than "problems with their computer system". The consignment guy does nothing more than say he'll "email corporate". First he said I'd have the money by the 13th, then it was 10-14 days AFTER they turned over the trailer to the new owners on the 31st, then the computer glitch, then 14 BUSINESS days...today he informed me today was only the 14th business day (it's the 15th day, actually), there still isn't a issue day, AND he hung up on me. I've called two different customer service numbers, including corporate, and nobody returns my calls or gives any information to me. I would never recommend this company.