Camping World of Syracuse New York / vehicle safety

1 United States

Long story short! My wife and I Bought a used 26ft 2008 Freedom Express RV from them in June of 2018. At first they were very friendly. We live Live in Vermont so from our house it's about a five hour drive. After picking up the RV on the drive home I noticed the A/C was not working, also it seemed to wander on the road, stopping seemed slow but this was the first time driving long distance. When we left the store the vehicle was inspected by them and we were told everything was working on the RV. For some reason I trusted them. In Vermont you have 15 days to inspect vehicle after registering it. I brought it to a Ford dealership and they stated that all four ball joints were bad and needed replacement. The front brakes were bad and had froze up. The A/C compressor on the chassis needed replacement. This was over a 2, 000.00 dollar estimate. After calling dealership and talking to three managers over the course of the summer at first they said they would take care of it and then they stopped returning calls. I also had to call the corporate office. I was forced to file a complaint with the DMV in New York because a vehicle must leave a dealership safe. After countless hours and time on the phone drives to the dealership for pictures and talking to the DMV. I finally received a check for repair of the brakes and ball joints in December of 2018. This did not cover all the things they promised to me at the closing that were in working order, but were required by the New York DMV. The DMV helped us recover the safety issues problems of the vehicle. We still haven't used the RV because of winter and it now awaits repair this spring. They lied to us dragged it on for the entire summer and made this experience the worst ever. Think twice before you believe anyone they just want your money and will say anything to make it appealing to you. This is not the only issue I had with them on this RV but was the most serious. This will be my last experience with Camping world.

Pa