[Resolved] Camp Australia / firing of staff

Palmeston, AU

I have attempted numerous time to contact Camp Australia's HR department in my disgust of them firing a staff member today from their Palmerston, NT centre.

The termination was unwarranted and I, as a parent, am utterly disgusted the way they went about firing this amazing young educator. Not once did they attempt to contact any of the parents to vouch for this carer's credentials and how amazing she is with children. She is fair and this is what children need. She has never bullied my children, nor have I ever witness her being unfair or rude to any children at this establishment. Apparently a couple of parents put in complaints, but at the end of the day if your children are behaving like little turds and you can't teach your children to be a sensible and not a rude child, how can you expect a carer to attempt to instil rules if your own child doesn't comprehend right from wrong.

Jessica Pledger from the Camp Australia Palmerston campus was unfairly fired and as a parent who has been in the childcare industry for over 20yrs with my own 5 children, I am utterly disgusted at how she was treated and yet again being treated like a criminal this afternoon when they wouldn't allow her on site to collect her personal belonging.

Not only is Camp Australia an extremely expensive provider, they obviously treat their staff like crap. What kind of mentoring are you projecting on our children if this is the way you treat your own staff.

• Resolution statement

• Camp Australia Customer Care's Response, Jun 14, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, please get in contact with our Customer Care team on [protected] or email [protected]@campaustralia.com.au. Make sure to include your customer account number so we can verify your identity. The team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except National Public Holidays).

Sp