CameraProfessionals.com / High Pressure, lies, no ship!

Ordered JVC camera Dec 3, 2017. They required me to call to confirm order. Lied to me and told me only a 20 minute demo battery came with the camera and tried to sell me a $189 battery. I declined (can buy similar battery on ebay for $20). After 14 days I call to see why the camera has not arrived and am told it's on backorder. I'm willing to bet that if I had purchased the overpriced battery I'd have rec'd both!!!

I should have listened to the advice of others - I would under not circumstances purchase from them.

Comments

• Je
      2nd of Jan, 2008
    CameraProfessionals.com - Scam
    cameraprofessionals.com

I completely agree with this complaint! I truly believe this company is deceitful, as they failed to mention on their website that the projector I purchased did not come with a bulb (an additional $200 expense!) They falsely advertised that is was $350, but they didn't include on the product description that the projector didn't have a bulb, which is essential for the projector to function. Anyone would have assumed that the projector included a bulb, unless indicated otherwise.

When I called to "confirm" my order, after I had already paid and given my credit card and personal information online, they asked me what type of bulb I wanted. Thinking this was strange, I asked if this was included with the original price. The representative said "of course it doesn't", acting like I was an idiot for even inquiring about it. After he told me it would be an additional $200, I told him they should have included that in the advertised price on the website (the fact that their was not a bulb was NO WHERE on the product description. Even e-Bay sellers are required to list this information). He got very defensive and was really rude, and even starting arguing with me when I said this was too much extra to pay, not knowing on the front end!

I really think if I hadn't inquired whether or not this was an extra cost I would have never known, because he wouldn't have mentioned it. It would have just shown up on my credit card statement.

After I got off the phone with him, I made a call to Best Buy, Circuit City, and others similar mainstream electronic stores to make sure that not including a bulb in a listed price on a website wasn't standard procedure. Both organizations assured me this was NOT standard.

Please be cautious if you decide to use this company. I am glad to see another complaint on this company, and I'm sure there are more. I would not recommend using this company at all, as I have never truly been so scammed and received such poor customer service. Someone should really report them.

• Ri
      8th of Jan, 2008

ON DECEMBER I PURCHASED A NIKON D80 CAMERA WHICH STARTED OUT AT AROUND 385.00 THE ADVERTISED PRICE.
    BY THE TIME I WAS FINISHED WITH THE SALES REP. AND ALL THE EXTRAS ,UPGRADES I WAS UP TO 1700.00. TO MUCH PRESSURE BUT I AGGRED. WHEN I RECEIVED MY CREDIT CARD STATMENT THEY CHARGED ME 2308.00. SO I SENT IT BACK. YESTERDAY I RECEIVED IT AGAIN AND WAS TOLD BY UPS THEY REFUSED THE PACKAGE. I CONTACTED MY CREDIT CARD CO. AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD REMOVE THE CHARGES FROM MY BILL UNTILL THEY INVESTIGATED WHICH WILL TAKE 6 TO 7 WEEKS. ALL I CAN SAY IS CHECK OUT THE SITE BEFORE YOU ORDER. I USED DEALTIME.COM AND NEVER HAD ANY TROUBEL UNTILL NOW. IF IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS

• La
      22nd of Jan, 2008

I ordered a camera last thursday, 5 days ago, and paid extra for 3 day shipping. I just called to find out the statutes of my order and they tell me is on back order for another week. Since I called in to verify my order (which is bull crap cause they just want to upsale you crap) they could have told me then that it was on back order.

These guys are jerks and scammers. I should have known this because when I called the first time to verify my order the telepohne staff was not eager to help me nor did they sound friendly or professional.

Never again will I buy from these losers. I just hope I get me item, some time.

• Wi
    New York
    New York
    Phone: 800-496-0227
    www.thecameraprofessionals.com

WATCH THESE PEOPLE. March 3, 2017 place an on line order for a Canon DC210 dvd recorder. Get email confirmation saying order pending but request further info (3 digit security # for credit card). Person on their "order confirmation" line tells me for about $100 I can upgrade to a 2 hour battery and 1 hour charger instead of the standard 1/2 hour battery and overnight charger. The unit comes with the charger and battery that ships as standard according to the owners manual and the manual states battery will last about 2 hours and take 3 hours to charge. Sent email complaint 3/8/08 and no reply. Call 3/11/08 and get "customer service" who tells me without the upgrade I was buying the camera body only and that does not include battery and charger. 100% RIPOFF PEOPLE. Stay away from this company.

• Bi
      2nd of May, 2008

These guys are BAD NEWS!
    I ordered a GPS unit and they ask if I wanted to purchase the maps for it. I said that the description on the web page said it had maps pre-loaded. They said no it did not and the unit would be useless without the maps, and I had to purchase them seperately. This was a GARMIN 200W and I know Garmin preloads maps on all units they sell. I have purchased quite a few for our company. I said send the unit anyway. They argued it didn't have maps. I said send it.
    I did receive it and it had maps.
    For someone that didn't know any better they would have bought the maps that are already on the unit. Thes guys just want to get extra money for the maps that were on the unit in the first place.
    Also: their web site says the unit in new and I received re-furbished units with the sticker from GARMIN stating that is refurbished removed. I could see wher it had been on the box. I knew what to look for since I had purchased refurbished units in the past from aother vendor. They advertised the unit as new.
    These guys are LIARS and NO GOOD. There mst be something illegal they are doing, but who has the time to follow up and confront them leagally?

• Ia
      7th of May, 2008

CameraProfessionals.com is a joke. I ordered a camera 3 months ago, called every 2 weeks to check status only to get a new line of BS. Finally today I got them to admit the product isn't available, only later to find it still advertised on their website for $200 more than my ordering price. They suck!

• Pa
      12th of May, 2008

I totally agree with the above complaint and other complaints against CameraProfessionals.com. I just wish I found this website BEFORE placing my order with them. I recently (May 1, 2017) ordered a Garmin Nuvi GPS for my car. They had the lowest price on the web. Like this comment, I was told in an email to call an 800 number to give the sales rep my CVV2 (CC verification pin number) so they could complete the transaction. When the CP rep called me he said for an additional $45 I could get the 2017 maps for my GPS unit since they only ship with the 2017 maps. When I asked him why it didn't come with the most recent maps he didn't have an answer. Like a ### I agreed since his argument was that other places charge $100 for the map upgrade. Guess what--Garmin gives you a free map upgrade to the most current map after you register your GPS device. When the device was delivered, there was no CD-ROM or DVD-ROM with the package, as I was expecting. I thought they would include it in the box. It was a complete bait-and-switch ploy on their part. Customer service royally sucks. I tried to get an RMA, so I was put on hold for 10 minutes, then when I got someone and gave them my order number, they hung up on me. The reason why I was getting an RMA was because the device broke after four days of continuous use.

• Br
      14th of May, 2008

I have the exact same problem as Ray. I order because the price looks great then on calling to confirm they aggressively up sell me a way overpriced battery and charging unit (they wanted nearly $400 for the pair I got similar ones for $45 on a different site), being prepared for this as I received the same treatment from Sonic Cameras, I declined all upgrades. They said fine we'll ship it right out. 5 days later no order confirmation has been sent so I call in and they say the camera is back ordered until May 27th and I should cancel my order. Not sure if this is breaking any laws but it sure feels like it is. These guys are slimy. STAY AWAY!

7th of Jun, 2008

I agree with these comments. I ordered an Olympus Camera on Friday night May 2, 2017 from CameraProfessionals.com . I called to confirm the order, was asked if I wanted accessories and when I said no, I was told the camera would arrive in 7 to 10 days. On the 11th day, I called them and after an 18 minute hold, was told that there was a two week back order. I told them to cancel my order and they said they would give me a cancelation number to call. I told them to go ahead and send the camera, but I would file a complaint with the BBB. Last night, June 7 about 2:00 am I went on line to find that an order had been placed in my name with another company for a pair of sweepers, with shipping and handling, the total came to just under $70. I am going to my bank to cancel my debit card and put a block on all future charges to it. I am calling that other company to be sure they got my cancellation notice last night also. I can't say CameraProfessionals.com did this, but they are the only ones I have given my card number and email to since may 1, exept for my internet and cell phone company. Now I notice that the site doesn't actually sell cameras but redirects you to stores that do. I have never complained about a business before, but these guys are beyond bad.

• Co
      21st of Jul, 2008

Same issues on a Garmin GPS ... ordered it two months ago and it is still on "back order". Spoke with Garmin to find that they have plenty of them in the warehouse so when I presented the Customer Disservice representative with that information over the phone, I was told to “Go buy it from Garmin”. Nice.