Cameraadict.com / Terrible experience!

1 MA, United States Review updated:

Why doesn't anyone file a complaint w/BBB?? I have, lets shut them down. Your complaint has been received and routed to the following BBB: Better Business Bureau Serving Metropolitan New York (New York, NY).

257 Park Avenue South
New York, NY [protected]
Phone: [protected]
Fax: [protected]
Email: inquiry@newyork.bbb.org
Web: www.newyork.bbb.org

Pa

Comments

• Je
      7th of May, 2008

I submitted a web order for a Canon G9 camera. I got exactly the same email others have to call them. I was told that the battery is not the same as is used by the Canon Rebel XT, which I have, (LIE #1) and that the battery charger is also different (LIE @2) and that the camera is packed with a 20-minute non-rechargeable battery (LIE #3). I know these are lies because I downloaded Canon's manual from their website, which includes all this information. They offered one package after another, each cheaper than the last, and (I admit) I accepted one, they gave me the total price which was a lot more than I had figured on. Why? "Well, insurance, of course, we must ship every package with insurance." From Brooklyn to Manhattan? It turns out that their free shipping (for over $100 orders) is nonsense since they charge 7% insurance on every order. USPS and UPS charge about 1.5% max for insurance.

I haven't gotten my shipment yet, but expect it in a day. These people so far are toxic. I should have gone to B&H, where you get an honest price and walk out with your material. I expect all the crap in the "package" is stuff I won't trust in the field, so will have to replace anyway. Live and learn.

• Mr
    Brooklyn
    New York
    Phone: 800-414-4012
    www.cameraaddict.com

I tried to file a complaint online with the bbb but the links kept me going in circles.

ref order: 7835568

cameraaddict.com
    support@cameraaddict.com

325 E. 89th Street
    Brooklyn, N.Y. 11236

800 414 - 4012

On March 16th I order a camera ( Nikon D40 from www.Cameraaddict.com . I paid for overnight shipping. After reviewing the order I changed my mind. The total for the order came out to be more than I expected. I called back to cancel the order. I was told that it was more because there was an upgrade to a Nikon USA version of the camera. I don't remember that being explained to me. I still wanted to cancel the order the service person told me that the would be about a $40.00 restocking fee because the order was already on the shipping dock. He also said that he would add a tripod, a cleaning kit and a talked me into getting and extended warranty. This is where I believe the camera was lost. On the 18th the package arrived. It was a poorly wrapped box. In the box was the tripod, the cleaning kit and the warranty but no camera. I called them immediately. They said they would file a claim against UPS, but first I would have to return the tripod and other things. They said they would arrange for the package to be pick. After waiting a few days for the pickup, I called them back. The person I talked to didn't have a clue about my claim, but they said that they would arrange for the pick up. A few days later Fed Ex picked up the package. The driver commented on the bad shape of the box. When they finally acknowledged the pick up. They then said they would file the claim. Again I called days later an got the running around. Every time after that I got a different story when I called. They never called or emailed me, or acknowledged the claim in writing. They said the claim was being investigated, the investigation wasn't complete. They told me the refund was being processed and would take 7 to 10 business days show up in my account. 2 weeks later they said the claim they file with ups had been denied and that they would file again. 2 weeks later they said my refund would take 7 to 10 business days to process. Two weeks later I still have no camera and no refund. It's been over 2 month and this problem still has no resolution.

• To
    Brooklyn
    New York
    Phone: 1-800-414-4012
    Cameraadict.com

I ordered an Olympus SP-570UZ from this company. I then recieved an email asking me to contact them for verification purposes. The salesperson then tried to sell me several accessories. When I declined his offers he then asked me if I wanted to pay $126 more to have the camera' menu in English since the cameral I ordered was all in Japanese. After being put on hold for 55 minutes I finally spoke with another person who said it was my fault for not knowing the camera wasn't in English. Their website never mentioned that this was an overseas camera and wasn't in English. When I said the seemed like the proverbial bait and switch and that if it was I would contact the BBB their salesperson had the audacity to say if that was a threat HE would contact the law authorities about me. Needless to say I canceled my order. If you ask me this company is a complete scam and I will never do business with them again.