Camera Kings / I will not buy from this store again because of such business practice and lies

I hate to be harsh but I find that the salespeople are LIARS. Here is my experience: I wanted a camera to take with me for Thanksgiving weekend. I ordered the camera Thurs before the week of Thanksgiving. The website stating that orders will go out withing 1 to 2 business days - IS A LIE! My order never went out. Instead by MONDAY I receive an e-mail asking me to call them up to "verify" my order. What this is, is a chance for them to pressure sell you additional stuff for your camera. It is now MONDAY and Thanksgiving is only 3days away. I ask the salesperson (after saying "no" to what they want to sell), what is best the shipping method to get the product GUARANTEED by Wed. He said he'll expedite the shipping and GUARANTEED ME DELIVERY BY WEDNESDAY. He told me this guarantee TWICE. Wednesday comes along and no delivery. I called and spoke to a different salesperson whose first comment on my order was, "It hasn't been shipped yet" and ".. it will ship tomorrow." Meaning Thanksgiving day. When i got upset and said I requested expedited shipping, he CHANGED his tune. Told me there's an expedited shipping and it would've gone out Mon or Tues. When I told him I haven't received it yet he said I may get it Friday. AGAIN - THIS PERSON IS A LIAR. He lied because it WAS NOT SHIPPED AT ALL. I checked my credit card and saw no charges yet. I told him to cancel the order - which he did not - ANOTHER LIE. Friday I called the customer service to complain about this and they told me the item "Has NOT SHIPPED yet and will ship that day FRIDAY or MONDAY. Now this is their EXPEDITED shipping of 1 to 2 business days which I requested Monday on an order I made thursday the week before. A 7-10 day shipping now. I asked the order to be canceled and bought the camera at a local store. Yes, I paid more but save yourself the headache and lies and buy at a trusted local store. I read other reveiws of Camera Kings and found customers who ran into the same problem. I will not buy from this store again because of such business practice and lies. AN honest answer would've been better than to lie to a customer. BEWARE!!

Comments

• St
      16th of Jun, 2010
    Camera Kings - They are going to send you the items that you did not order
    camerakings.com

Camera Kings are bunch of lairs, they going to shipp the items slower than you paid for, they are selling refurbished stuff, they are going to send you the items that you did not order, stay away from this guys!

• Cr
      23rd of Jun, 2011
    Camera Kings - Dont do IT
    Camera Kings

Sketchy service with great prices. I called in my order and ask right away if the item i was wanting was in stock(canon 7d). The seller Ronald Ex: 234 said infact it was, when infact it wasn't. So i placed my order over the phone with him on a Friday, he stated if would ship out on that Monday...Perfect!!! so i thought. So Monday night comes and still no confirmation email Hmmmmm??? I call tuesday afternoon and a young man states it will ship right away so i said ok thats fine. Wednesday rolls around and still no Email confirmation, so i call again and talk to another gentleman who now states they over sold on those camers and they were not in stock but SHOULD be here in the near future. My theory is there great low prices draw you in, BUT if they cant up sale you in to buying there OVER PRICED accesories then they feed you a line of crap until you cancel the order.. So in my experiance in MY opinion i will never try them again and just stick with Bh photo :) Anyways if you do oder through them i hope you have better luck than myself...Personally i think it's a rip off !

• Pa
      27th of Jun, 2011
    Camera Kings - Completely ignored
    Camera Kings

I have written five times to company. Recieved the same generic response each time. Appears as if they dont even read their emails. Worst experience ever! Made a simple request for a copy of receipt to repair camera under warranty. Camera was nonfunctional from day one. Zero customer service.