Camera Giant / Panasonic FZ28 Camera

1 Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-900-photo

Advertised CAMERA for a low price, would not sell for that price unless willing to purchase other items at ridiculously-inflated prices. If not ordering accessories, told camera was out of stock or must wait for 3-4 weeks for delivery - DESPITE ADVERTISEMENTS SHOWING ITEM IN STOCK. This company also is known as 86th Street Photo & Video [protected]) and gave the same story when trying to order the same camera.
I am reporting this to Andrew Cuomo, NY State Atty General and his Consumer Frauds Bureau.

Comments

• Ca
      Apr 02, 2009
    Camera Giant - Bogus Business
    Brooklyn, NY
    Phone: 347-289-9980

Camera Giant had the lowest price on a GPS. I did note that the accessories were way overpriced (like $39.99 for an adhesive cover for the GPS which was sent to me free by a company whom I bought a leather case from). I unwittingly ordered the GPS and the next day I received the following e-mail from the company:

In order to further verify your order, we will need to speak with you on the phone. Please call our Verification department at 888-900-7468 Ext. 204 James so we may verify and complete processing your order.

Luckily, when I called I got a voicemail. So then I did my research and found out about this scam. Don't fall victim to this website which boasts itself as rated 5 stars in customer service. They use unethical practices and fraudulent tactics. If I lived in New York, I would walk on down to the local district attorney's office to file a formal complaint so these crooks would be put out of business and behind bars where they belong!!!

• Do
      Apr 03, 2009

I wish I had checked, I had a similar experience. Camera Giant is the worst internet company out there. They advertise low prices but never have the item in stock.

• Lo
      Apr 07, 2009

I too ordered a gps from them and it took 4 weeks before I had to call them to follow up on the order at which time
    they told me the order was cancelled (cancelled as of the day I called) and they no longer carry the item. Big scam! Bad customer service follow up. They are also very difficult to contact via phone. Be worry of what they do with our credit card info!!!

[protected]@yahoo.com

• Mi
      Apr 09, 2009

I completed an online purchase for a digital camera through Camera Giants since their price beat all the competition. Several hours later I received a phone call from them informing me that this camera would not work if I did not purchase some extremely overpriced accessories that doubled the purchase price. I kept backing off saying that I only wanted the purchased item and finally was told that my order was cancelled. They had NO INTENTION of ever selling that product at the advertised price without the purchase of their overpriced accessories. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM OUTFIT!!!

• Ej
      Apr 14, 2009

I received the same email 2 days after ordering a GPS, and got a sales pitch for a 1 GB SD card for $99 and an AC adapter for $90, which I could get pretty much anywhere for around $25 bucks (for both). After seeing these posts, I'm now nervous I won't ever see this GPS. Website claims it would be received within 7 days, but the rep I spoke to ended the call saying t would be about 2 weeks. I ordered it for my wife's birthday in early May! Unbelievable...

• Wa
      Apr 16, 2009

I placed an order for a camera, got the please call to verify your order email, so I did. After being on hold for 17 minutes, I was subjected to a high pressured sales pitch to sell me all types of accessories I did not need. I kept politely declining the "extras" and the "great deal for you today" offers. When the guy realized he wasn't getting be to buy in to his pitch, he said...lady you will have your camera in 2 weeks, then hung up.
    Oddly enough, the next day I got an email saying my camera was out of stock...needless to say I cancelled my order.
    Buyer beware...if it sounds too good to be true it is!
    Bait and switch at its finest.

• Ca
      Apr 20, 2009

I am glad you report this company, I had the same experience . this is a bad company.

Apr 21, 2009

I am having the same trouble. they were trying to sell me a battery even though the camera comes bundled w/ one.
    when talking to customer service they wouldn't even take me order number and wouldn't listen to my questions and constantly cut me of and put me on hold. At one point they said "can I help you?" and I was on hold immediately after I said "yes". I checked my order status bc at this point I was just trying to cancel out and it said backordered... how suspicious. I will now contact my bank to not authorize any transactions from this business. 100% shady.

Apr 21, 2009

I had the same experience and they continued to argue with me when I told them they were falsely advertising and the guy Brian, the supervisor, told me he had better things to do than argue with me. This company needs to be put out of business!! CMN

• Re
      Apr 22, 2009

I had the same problems. They offered me the camera at a great price and then called me and tried to upsell accessories. Whne I refused to buy anything else, they said the camera was no longer in stock!
    SCAM!

• Ka
      Apr 23, 2009

I am also reporting this company...I spent over $800 on camera that was supposed to be $218 with accessories...I bought an extended warranty also...the camera is broken and Nikon says it is a non US product and it has to be fixed in Europe or Asia...I took a once in a lifetime trip and spent money I couldn't afford because with package camera was out of stock...I want to sue these people and put them out of business...When I called them they told me they would not take camera back and now Nikon won't help because it is a non US product...This totally sucks..

• Ji
      Apr 23, 2009

camera giants is a huge scam. Prices too good to be true. When you dont by accessories at double to triple the cost, they cancel your order. Companies like UPS should be told that thier logo is displayed on a web site that is borderline criminal.

• Sc
      Apr 24, 2009

I wish I had seen this site before I decided to deal with the same company. I should have known the deal was too good to be true.

• Re
      Apr 28, 2009

CameraGiantInc.com is full of bull...Everything advertise on their website is bogus...There is no store or supervisor or manager, it is just a few guys working in their apartment somewhere in Brooklyn...Their credit card tranactions page is just something to collect you personel info and credit card number..Just put any fake name and fake card number and it will go through...They don't have anything in stock to sell...These people will take your info and use your identity for their own purpose..So beware and don't buy anything from them...There are a lot of these website around and be very careful of them...

Apr 30, 2009
    Camera Giant - Won't Sell at Advertised Price
    Brooklyn
    New York
    Phone: 888-900-7468
    cameragiantsinc.com

Camera Giant (AKA 86 St Camera) advertises low online prices and will not confirm an order until you phone in. When you do they high-pressure the buyer into getting something on which they apparently have a higher margin. In this case, with a GPS, I was told I had to have a data card, which is not required.

When I turned down the additional purchase, I received an e-mail saying the item was no longer available and would take a month to get in. The likely hope is that the buyer who only wanted the item originally purchased at the low price will go elsewhere.

This is a variation of another scheme in which, after getting an e-mail response confirming the purchase of an item online, the buyer must call in to reconfirm. At that point, the item is suddenly unavailable but the seller will generously offer a different product that is similar but not what was wanted. Again, it is likely that the substitute offers the seller a better profit than the original.

There seems to be no way to purchase from Camera Giant without buying unneeded items or getting a product different from what you wanted. FRAUD

• Tl
      May 05, 2009

Same problem. I ordered a navigation system for my car based on the website price. They tried to make me buy a memory card (it didn't need one) for $200. When i did a quick google search, i found that the memory card was $10 everywhere else. When i refused to buy the card, the nav. system was suddenly out of stock. People, this is fraud and against the law!!! Interstate Commerce Commission needs to be informed and it is a felony. Please report these experiences.

• Pa
      May 06, 2009

I ordered from CameraGiant; got a call requesting a call back and when I called back, the person on the phone was the most rude customer service person I have ever encountered. I immediately cancelled my order. Quite frankly, I do not see how this company can stay in business

• TOTAL AND COMPLETE SCAM!
    Offer low prices, then call to try to get you to buy more stuff, when you won't they say that product just happens to be on backorder, and they can no longer offer it at the price advertised.

Something should be done about this completely bogus business.

• Rt
    Brooklyn
    New York
    Phone: 7183737820
    wisetronics.com

AKA Camera Giant, 86th Street Photo, My Wireless Deal, Y.E.S. International, Wise Tronics.

These dogs have 306 Better Business Bureau complaints in the last 12 months. You order one thing and they send another. Its a total scam

STAY AWAY

• Th
      May 12, 2009

I ordered a garmin zumo 550 for $475, but they won't let me have it unless I bought a $129 sd card for it. When I told him I didn't want it that I could get one at Wal-Mart for $20 he told me to get my garmin at Wal- Mart too.

May 14, 2009

I bought a camera from the crooks and they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.. This is my first experience with dishonest people, , maybe wrting a letter to the New York better business and see if they can do something to stop these people..

May 14, 2009

Why hasn`t any thing been done about these people, they are going to continue ripping people off as long as they are in business

• Ti
      May 17, 2009

PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL DO SOMETHING!

PLEASE BEAWARE THE FOLLOWING COMPANY IS THE SAME OR DOES THE SAME
    ontimedigital.com

AND

• Ne
      May 20, 2009

I ordered a camera, the next day I received a call at work. They wanted to verify my information to send out the camera. They then asked me to purchase several more items that i didn't need. When I told him that I didn't want anyting else, he was very short with me. I asked if my camera was going to be mailed out soon, and he said no, it is on back order. I called later, to see about the time frame, and they said 4-6 weeks. I got home and checked my account with them, and to my suprise, the order was cancelled. What a fraud. I just called and cancelled my credit card. I would hate to know what they had planned for it. BE VERY CAREFUL, THESE PEOPLE ARE FRAUDS...

May 23, 2009
    Camera Giant - Bait & Switch, Unethical
    Brooklyn, NY
    Phone: 347-289-9980
    cameragiantsinc.com

These guys are crooks! I ordered a GPS from them then received a confirmation call from them. The man on the phone was cordial for the first 3 minutes... after offering me way over priced accessories... $129 for a DC wall charger and a 2GB memory card for over $100... then a bundle of stuff for $89 .. as the discussion went on, the man on the phone became more rude and obnoxious... all the time he was saying the product would ship tomorrow, if I agreed to add the accessories... when I said no he hung up on me... Then I received an email saying the product was out of stock... sent them a response and no answer

STAY AWAY AND DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS

I canceled the order and ordered another GPS from Newegg and received this right away...

THESE GUYS SUCK

May 27, 2009

I also had a similar experience with Camera Giant. I try to order a Garmin 255W at a great price. They called saying they want to confirm my shipping address…but their only real interest was to sell me more or something I did not want or need at a ridiculously inflated price. They made me listen to their sales pitch. They stated, the car charger from the manufacturer would over heat, was not designed for regular use and that I needed a home charger, costing more than the Garmin 255W at a ridiculous price. Normally, I don’t mind, I’m in sales, but they were defensive and rude. When I refused, they told me my item would be on back order and hung up, when I called back to find out how long my Garmin would be on back order, they told me my order was canceled (they would email me it they got more) and then they hung up again! The item was not originally on back order! Bad, bad business ethics! I will never attempt to do business with them again…ever!

Jun 08, 2009

I agree with the above comment.
    Cameragiantsinc.com placed my order on backhold after I declined additional items on the callback.
    They kept my item on "backorder" hold while they contined to sell the same item on their website.
    I originally placed my item on 4/13/09. I called the store every two weeks to get a status update.

On 6/8/09, I called up for an update. I was informed it will be delivered mid August.
    When I questioned as why they were selling the item currently if it is on back order until August, the rep cancelled the order against my wishes. He repeated three or four times that I requested the order to be cancelled. I absolutely refused to cancel the order but he did it anyway.

This website is a pure illegal bait & switch operation - avoid it like the plague.

Jun 09, 2009
    Camera Giant - Bait and Switch - bogus low price
    Camera Giant

Found camera on line for a really low price at their site. Ordered the camera, but was contacted to buy accessories, batteries, etc. When I refused, I was informed that they oversold the camera and it is back ordered 3 - 4 weeks. I just called again after 4 weeks and was told camera back ordered till Sept (it is June now) and would I like to cancel.

Jul 11, 2009

This happened to me too! This compony is running a fraudulent business and taking advantage of people and they should be reported to better business bureau.

• We
      Jul 22, 2009

I ordered a Cannon SLR camera from Camera Giant for $499.00 which was a very competitive procie. Camera Giant sales person called and talked me into ordering additional minor camera accessories. The total bill was then $1300.00 upon delivery I received the wrong camera.

I returned the camera and requested a refund. The salesman tried to talk me into keeping the camera indicating they would reduce the costs. I told them to just refund the camera costs, the salesales got mad and said there would be a restocking fee.

My credit card was refunded the purchase price plus a 30% restocking fee. Camera Giant sent the wrong camera and still charges a restocking fee higher than stated on their website.

These guys need to go to jail, they are robbing people