Cambridge Who's Who / Fraud/advertisment

All About Interiors
Un498 Rex Corp. Plaza,West Tower Uniondale, New York
Denham Springs
Phone: 516 535-1515
They call you and offer this great advertising package for your business. They were extremely pushy and then when you agree to do this advertisment they said it would be a one and only time fee of $799.00 . With this package, your photo and information about your business would be in their book Who's Who amoung professionals. Also, you would receive a plaque as an honored member. A few months later, I received another charge on my credit card from them for about $600.00 or so. This was unauthorized. I called them and asked " Why are you charging my credit card again, this is not what I agreed to."
They assured me that this would be the last charge that they would do and that it was to pay for my final draft/print fee for their book.. As soon as I hung up with them I immediately called my credit card company and changed my number. I made it very clear to my credit card company that Cambridge Who's Who is no longer to make any charges on my credit card.
About six months later, I receved a phone call from someone from Cambridge. He said that he was calling to finalize all of the information about my businesss...then he says " I see that your credit card number is not going through" What??? Why do you need my number, I asked. He begins to tell me that they have an all access website that my information will be entered into and they need to charge another $ 600.00 for my package to be complete. I was furious and had enough because it was very clear that I had been scammed by this company. I told this man not to ever call me again. Oh, all I ever received from them was a nice liitle wall plaque that cost me about $ 1, 300.00. There was probably never any such book, because I never received that at all. Be careful of this company, it is definately a huge scam!

A  6th of Aug, 2009 by
Yes, it is a scam!! See a good article at http://www.csoonline.com/article/498903/What_s_What_with_the_Who_s_Who_
that shows how all who's who are scammers.
N  8th of Feb, 2010 by

with all objectivity to people who have paid and like the service (if you pay for something, you will say that it's useful as a way to make you feel better than you just weren't scammed so I understand your comments).

Well I was happy of joining yet another networking service which was advertised as free. Then after the nice little speech by the phone person, they went into Memberships. I don't mind a professional service to charge for more services but want I told her that I'd like to take time to think about it, then she moved on and offered me a better deal, then I told her I would like to take time and read more information on it, then she wanted to give me yet another deal. This went on for about 10 minutes (people who agreed from the get-go, sorry but you definitely got scammed as you could have gotten a Platinum membership for half the price of the initial offer...)

As I work in sales, I can smell pressure sales closing. The lady read her book right and did a great job as selling. When I told her there was no way I was agreeing on a deal on the phone and I wanted to review it, she didn't even want to send me more info by e-mail and just told me I was going to be added to the free directory. What kind of organization is that if they can't even let members take time to review the choices before making a decision. If you have to agree on a sale right there on the phone or it's over, it shows exactly what kind of scam that is. They know if they let you gather more information on the product, you will find out that it's not worth it and you will definitely no buy it.

So, if a product can only sell through pressure over the phone and a complimentary plane ticket, I would highly suggest you to stay far from it.

And to the people who are in the directory, congrats and make the most out of it. I'm sure it's great but you could get more out of your LinkedIn account (notice how you can upgrade your LinkedIn account but no one calls you to try to pressure you into doing so).

Hope that helps
A  12th of Dec, 2011 by
Cambridge Who's Who is a total scam and thankfully I caught them in time. After they charged me $799 for the first time, I did my research just to validate my purchase (not very bright as I should have done the research first!!) and was alarmed at the reports online. They use a pressure selling tactics over the phone and "trap" you. If you need to get out of the trap and get your money back (hopefully for a full refund like I did), read on...Good news is that the NY state law (and other states also I assume) are on your side!!! Just because they say over the phone that all sales are FINAL, it is NOT the case, per NY law for phone contracts, they are to issue a written statement via USPS and also the consumer has the rights to back out till a certain date...if you need your money back, just call them and tell them that just because they claim the sale is final, it does not make it a binding contract...they will back down...I had to make several calls and emails to get my money back and this finally happened when I told them to produce a binding contract for my case which they obviously failed to...I dealt with Ilene Horowitz and Jennifer Jacobs and feel a lot more "educated" now on how not to get scammed again...scarred for life, but lesson learnt!!! Hope that you get your money back...all the best...