Cambridge Silversmith Flatware / Do not buy their products

I received a beautiful set of Cambridge Silversmith Flatware for Christmas. After 1 month it was full of ugly stains and rust spots. Shopko would not take it back, so I decided to call the company. I got a very rude lady named Maryanne. They did agree to send me another set. After washing just the knives once - the same spots occurred.

I went online and discovered numerous reviews for this company with the same complaint as I had. DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK! They will not refund you, they will only keep sending you more silverware that will rust.

Va

Comments

26th of Sep, 2009

Forget about staining and rust spots. My mother bought a cambridge prettily designed set and we've had it for about a month now. We haven't used all the forks yet, generally just rewashing the ones we used and getting them out of the dishrack to reuse again.

Well, this was obviously a new fork i grabbed from the drawer, and as I am washing it, I get stabbed!!! One of the prongs on the fork is extremely sharp and about a quarter inch of stainless silverware pierced my right index finger. I was bleeding pretty badly but once I put on a bandaid, i examined the prong that stabbed me. It's knife point sharp and far more thinner than the other prongs. Im glad I decided to wash my fork first. what if I had just started eating with it, and that damn point went through the roof of my mouth or in the soft skin of my cheek or even tongue.

Aren't they supposed to check their products before they go out into the market??? I wouldn't really care if it was some small defect like the pattern didn't quite match or one of the prongs of the fork is slightly shorter than the other, but this?? This is a serious defect that could have caused serious injury!! Absolutely no fork with such a sharp end should have passed inspection.