Calypso Cay / Scam and cheating

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-638-913

I was skeptical when I received a telephone call saying that I had won a holiday in Orlando Florida, but I thought what the hell, let them have their say. Sounds good and as I intend to be in the UK next year, the flight cost won't be as expensive. I have received offers like this before and have even accepted one. The big difference being was that I did not have to give my credit card details over the phone. I was sent the information first and had 21 days to accept the offer. Which I did and my family had a great day.

When the telemarketer got impatient with me for refusing to give my credit card details over the phone and continued to speak over me when I kept repeating that I was not going to change my mind, I decided I did not want to deal with people so rude. He then threatened to hang up on me if I did not give him the details, so I let him. I knew if I had truly won this trip they would have to ring me back. Funny I haven't heard back from them. What they don't realize is that there are legitimate offers out there and the way they do business is making them the losers.

Va

Comments

To
  7th of Jun, 2009

ma nanna sed she got a phone call saying she won a holiday but straight away she sed she wer putting phone dpwn
but gthn another person came on n sed wud u like to purchase a holiday in florida he sed it wud £1000 for 2 pepole he sed if u giv me card number she wudnt so he came down in price to nearley £400 n sed u can take how evr many people u wont with you n sed it wer cruise in tickets for all to disney land n all inclusive resort in florida so she gave him number stupidly n gave all details n she thought he wer gona take deposit but they tuk all money n they put insted of beryl put eeryl n instead ofglyndor penrault put glydoor penrooe but only way post man cud find houde wer post code he sed tht 2 her n she new it wer scam then n i lokked it up n found out they dont acctyally hav a resort in orlando florida n thers no cruise just big scamm no one be fooled n nevr giv yor card number 2anyone who u dont no!!!

Ia
  29th of Oct, 2009
Calypso Cay - Rude service
Calypso Cay

I have received automatic response calls and have answered to run up their phone bills hoping they would stop calling. When I refused to give my card details the 'director' I was passed to became offensive and also told me that by dialling 9 at the start of the call, I was paying for the call, after being informed by the operator that the call was free and was being paid by Calypso Cay, the company in question

Having checked with my telecom supplier, this was a blatant lie, this is the calibre of people working for this company, DO NOT USE THEM!!!

I am certain they are using the worst type of marketing and should be closed down.

De
  11th of Feb, 2010

This happened to my mum too. They scammed her for £630 and its been over 5 months now and shes been trying to get her money refunded but is unable to and the bank cannot do nothing about it, due to they said it was authorised. Everytime you ring them they never pick the phones up as its a disconnected number, i don't understand why people can't just close them down and stop their company scamming innocent people.