Calphalon Cookware / Felony

I returned a defective fry pan to them. I sent it certified mail. They received it. Two months later, no replacement pan and no response to my inquiries. When you offer a warranty that you don't intend to honor, and people buy under the pretense that the warranty is valid, this constitutes fraudulent inducement. This is a felony.

The Attorney General should investigate this company.

To

Comments

25th of Jul, 2011

About two years ago, I bought about 12 pieces of Calphalon pot and pans and was truly happy with the way they looked and performed. I was excited that I finally was able to afford a decent set of cookware. However; now there are about five pots where the inside is peeling off and the outside, which was a very nice dark grey, is now a mix of grey, white and silver. I wrote to Calphalon, send them pictures, and I just spoke to them. They are unwilling to replace these items, since I put them in the dishwasher!

Here is my issue: Nowhere on the pots or on the accompanying label does Calphalon state that their items are not dishwasher safe!! What I DID find out; however, is, that their new collections, with a similar coating, states very clearly that they are indeed dishwasher safe... Nothing, however, is stated to the contrary on the products, still in stores and in my kitchen. Calphalon stated verbally and in writing that the "Care Instructions" are posted on their web site and anyone who wants to find out can. They will not honor their warranty promise. They also told me that there is nobody else they could transfer me to to discuss this situation.

In my view, few people will assume that the highly expensive cookware (hundreds of Dollars) are safe to be put in the dishwasher - UNLESS stated on the product that it is NOT!!!. Nearly every American owns a dishwasher, and, almost all products in my kitchen state whether or not they are dishwasher safe.

I can't help but think, that Calphalon product marketing practises are dishonest and mislead the customer.

25th of Jul, 2011

Correction to my next to last paragraph:
    "In my view, few people will assume that this hightly expensive cookware (hundreds of Dollars) IS NOT safe to be put in the dishwasher...

• Ge
      7th of Feb, 2014

I JUST PURCHASED A BLACK 4 SLICE TOASTER AND WE CAN'T BELIEVE HOW LONG IT TAKES TO TOAST. MY HUSBAND WON'T WAIT FOR IT. IT TAKES ABOUT 6 MIN. IS THIS RIGHT THE RIGHT TIME IT TAKES TO TOAST. IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT, IF SO HE DOESN'T HAVE THE TIME TO WAIT FOR IT. WHAT SHOULD I DO. I LOVE ALL MY CALPHALON PRODUCT, WOULDN'T TRADE THEM FOR THE WORLD, THATS WHY WE BOUGHT THE TOASTER. PLEASE RESPOND. GERALDINE SPEHAR GER-BEAR@AMERITECH.NET

• Cy
      11th of Apr, 2015

We purchased the whole set of Calphalon pots and pans with lids. We purchased our set at J.C. Penney in Avon, Ohio Store #2530-4. No where on my cookware did it state not dishwasher safe! I washed my pots and lids in the dishwasher since 12/28/13. I moved to Camden, S.C. Nov. 15, 2014. I continued to wash some by hand and other pieces in the dishwasher. On April 1, 2015 I put the large Dutch oven pot in the dishwasher it came out with the outer gray anodized surface totally ruined. It now feels chockie and ruff feeling. Is there anything I can use to help restore the outer finish? Cynthia Camps @
    cynthiacamps@yahoo.com.