CALLINF.COM / Excess Charged without consent

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Called for a minute at Frankfurt Airport on 17th Feb 2010 to USA. The connection was operator assisted, at no time I was told about the applicable charges for the call or any other details.

Their website - www.callinf.com (mentioned on the Visa transaction charge details) provided the contact numbers. The gentleman informed of hefty connection fees and that the call was routed via satellite (again hefty call rate). There was no breakup available and also no explanation as to why the operator did not inform of such an expensive fees or this being an satellite call.

Have decided to logde a complaint with FCC and Visa Support, to ensure their practices are regulated.

The overall feeling is of being conned. I suggest people to avoid Credit card pay phones at Airports unless it is an emergency and be prepared for a bomb of a charge if called from.

Shourabh Goyal

Comments

• Oz
      29th of Jan, 2010
    CALLINF.COM - there is thief....
    CALLINF.COM
    Turkey

for new year i was in prague i needed to call one of my friend to meet... i called from this telephone but it was extramly expensive... i dont want to paY THİS expensive calling... i think they are stealing money i hate this kind of things in the world they are look like thief... pay my money back... !!!

• Ga
      27th of Sep, 2010

Hi All, I was in Paris last month. I used CALLINF>COM to make call to to India. I made two call for just 3 mintues and they charged me $70. I dont know how they can chagre so much. Is their any way to contact them and get my money back.This is total fraud... Please help

7th of Mar, 2012
    CALLINF.COM - charged me a ridiculous amount of money for using my credit card in a uk telephone box
    United Kingdom
    callinf.com

I used my credit card in a telephone box in Russel sqe London to call virgin media which lasted no longer than 8 mins. and I was charged 35 pounds and eighty pence for the call.

• Mk
      26th of Mar, 2012
    CALLINF.COM - Excess charging
    England, West Sussex
    United Kingdom

I used a public telephone box in East Dean which did not accept cash. I had no option but to use a credit card via the number provided (for a call to a UK landline), which required operator assistance. No indication was given concerning the scale of charges that would be incurred. For a call of 5 or 6 minutes, my credit card has been charged the ridiculous amount of £30.60 ! Are BT complicit in this extortion ?

• Je
      5th of May, 2012

Contact them directly.. I had the same issue when I used a phone outside our house to call a relative in an emergency as our phones were down inside the house.. NEVER again

• Dh
      22nd of Aug, 2012

Hi,
    I had a similar experience recently in Thailand airport.I tried to make calls using my credit card with the help of operator.But the call didn’t connect and they charged me about 41.91$. Is there any way to get the refund.
    Dhanraj

• Bo
      7th of Jan, 2013

i was also a victim of the same thing, i made a call from Orly airport in France for Algeria for no more than 2min and i was charged 38.39 EURO!!!...i don't know how to send them a complaint

• Sh
      13th of Mar, 2013

I also got a cut of 18 USD for 20sec call from brussel airport to India

• Ji
      29th of Jul, 2013

I did not make a call at Schipol. I entered my card typed the phone number and then cancelled as my flight was called. I think the thing rang once just before I pressed the cancel button and withdrew my card. 28.70 Euro !!! for What.

20th of Jan, 2014

I made a call for 2 minutes to Morocco and have to pay 20 euro plus 2 validations off 70 cent the day after????

How is it possible to call for like 10 euro a minute?

• Pd