CALLINF.COM / excesive charge and chrge for inexistent calls

1 France Review updated:

I made two call from St. Barth's( Caribbean island belonging to France) on November 17th, 2010.
Both calls togeteher were less than two minutes and they were directed to romania. When I attempted the third call I was told by an operator that he can't bill my credit card and therefore I won't be able to make further phone calls using that card.
But surprise. Few days after I was charged on my card the amount of 175 euro( aprox. $220) for a total of four transactions, each of these being more than 40 euro. So four transactions for just two calls totaling two minutes( probably shouldn't be more than 10 euro if they charge 5 euro/minute).
This is the biggest theft I have ever experienced and I contacted the callinf.com for a refund but I will definetly make everything to sue them.
Do not ever use these public phoes. IT IS A HUGE SCAM.

Comments

• Wa
      14th of Dec, 2010

If You are Looking for Cheap + International + Sim = Then go for clay telecom
    “And to save over 70% on international roaming charges

21st of Dec, 2010

I work with an IT company, and my blackberry is my lifeline. I cannot imagine travelling anywhere without access to my emails. So this June when I had to go to Singapore for work, I was hoping that my company would pay my phone bills, but they gave me a daily allowance, and I realized that I won’t be able to take my blackberry along as International roaming is so expensive. My colleague then told me about clay worldberry services (http://www.clay.co.in/worldberry.html). With their blackberry plan, which costs only Rs. 3, 500 per month, I was able to access emails, surf the web, check google maps, and do so much. And that too within my budget!! My boss was very surprised when I replied to his email promptly and gave him important data in the middle of a meeting. My effort was highly appreciated and I got a raise also - and all this – thanks to Clay worldberry services.

• Vr
      2nd of Jan, 2011

Hey Serban Popa,
    How did you do to get a refund? The same happend to me juste befoire christmas when blocked in London Heathrow! I called my family in Brussels during few minutes, they charged me a crazy amount!!
    I want to do something but i don't know how or what!
    Dis you sue them, as you said! They definetly deserve it!