call of duty 4 ps3 / cheating/hacks

1 Weymouth, England, Dorset, United Kingdom Review updated:

activision one of your best games ever is under threat from the ps3 community...i cannot play a game of call of duty 4 because of cheats flying round the map and going places where u cant see them...dont beleive me?
look its on youtube how to do it

this needs your immediate attention

real gamers are being forced out of online play because they cant play a honest fun filled game which used to be call of duty 4
if i have come to the wrong place then someone please pass this on to the appropiate people and get it sorted now...
by the way this is just one hack there are many many more which people are saving onto their ps3

thank you.. hopefully the next game of cod will be more entertaining than the last few!!

Comments

• Bo
      3rd of Aug, 2009

i also quit playing till this is fixed

• Co
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I completely agree. I refuse to play too, until this is fixed.

and to ipunchbabies, you must beat off the girls with a stick as well (or just beating off boys with your hands), seeing how you complained about complaining on the internet... ON THE INTERNET.

• Dy
      3rd of Aug, 2009

totally agree i wont be playing until its fixed. Also i dont recomend download the glitch as sony wont replace or fix you ps3 if it goes wrong I reported 3 people for doing this glitch and two of them have has their ps3 banned from the network. take the peoples ids and post them on cod and psn websites and they will be banned

• Ab
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I will go one step further, and I would recommend this others as well, I won't buy Modern Warfare 2 until this problem is corrected. The hacks used in Call of Duty 4 make enjoyable gameplay virtually impossible. The people thatuse these hacks don't care how they affect others in game, they just see it as a way to look cool and important. To ipunchbabies your arguement is ridiculous, I am playing the game because I enjoy it. Girls have nothing to do with it, dating has nothing to do with it.

• De
      3rd of Aug, 2009

were I repor this now you cut not play no more

• Da
      4th of Aug, 2009

everytime i go one cod4 i cant enjoy it they should bring out a patch to stop peaple doing it or like virus there ps3 address and nack there com up i fing hate cheates just play the game properly its only coz there ###

• De
      4th of Aug, 2009

what the hell is going on!!! flying marines and spetznaz???? wt[censored] if activision or infinity ward can't be bothered to fix this glitch then we, as in then ppl who spend their hard earned money on games such as cod4, deserve to know why. these ###s who glitch should have their ip addresses blocked for life from the network, so the only way they could ever get back onto the ps network and call of duty, would be to move home. this would prevent ppl from copying the hacks that have, i know, completely ruined the best game i have ever seen on any console. why? why would you find it enjoying to fly around a map, pissin off everyone in the game? they can i'm sure put a patch out to stop this. why haven't they?? as for" i punch babies" i've played with him and yes he is an ###.
    if you ask me the makers of other titles are responsible for this. what would be the best way to halt the progress of the best online multiplayer (in the world!) as clarkson would say. exactly!! keep on pressuring i.w and activision guys. as an individual we are all quiet, as an honest (non glitching) community i'm confident our voice will be heard. pack it in hackers!!! get a life, and let those who enjoy cod4 play in peace.

• Su
      4th of Aug, 2009

Don't feel too bad. People cheated like hell on the 360 version as well.

• Gu
      4th of Aug, 2009

Is there a website where we can report these [censored]ess (hackers) so that their IP addresses are blocked.
    I cannot play the game anymore. This is very frustrating. I will not spend money on new MW2 unless Infinity ward fixes this glitch.
    Cause I know they can just change the extension of the saved format so that it is not recognized when copied to a HDD>

• Cr
      4th of Aug, 2009

I am one of thre Frustrated many this is what I found to date for reporting the Hackers not sure what will be done about it but I am fed up and have to do something I hope this helps the others looking for a place to start

• Ni
      4th of Aug, 2009

i agree im a massive fan of cod and so are my friends but the fun as just been took out of the game now since everyone is just flying around if this doesnt get sorted cod will loose alot of players online

• Sk
      8th of Sep, 2009

too right am sick of tryin to have a decent game with people and some guy is either snipin me from a 30 storey buildin or shootin out of the groud at me... if cod 4/5 are like this just wait till mw2 is out its bull s**t...

21st of Sep, 2009

I agree that people are ruining the game - it's so sad that there are idiots out there trying to cheat in an online game. Having 1000%+ as their kill ratio etc...does that impress their mates; are they that dumb to think its real? I was playing the Creek map with some tool hiding inside the rock on the edge of the river bed - frags or carpet bombs didnt do anything; nothing could touch him! This was the 1st time I'd seen this cheat and I left the game once i realised there was a cheater - will be reporting the losers now I know it is possible to do so.

In regards to the flying issue - I have been able to fly around without downloading any cheats on odd occasions. I can't actually shoot any guns or see any people - i can only fly around and cut through walls. I am not sure if other people could see me fly around or not, but I guess my point here is that not all people who fly around the maps are necessarily cheating. I have however come across the idiots who have hacked the game and shoot from the tops of the buildings in the "block" map due to their ability to fly...nothing a sniper rifle cant fix anyway.

Playstation do have an obligation to fix this - we are the (few) people who pay so much money to support the PS3 and not go for the cheaper option of Xbox or Wii ; so we at the very least deserve a game that can be enjoyed for what it is and not cause we want to see losers rack up big numbers by cheating and pissing off the rest of the COD4 community.

To "ipunchbabies" - your name says a lot already. I can see through the surface of "cosy y y's" comments re:pedophelia...it was a joke...stop being so sensitive...should i complain about your user ID cause i'm sensitive about abusive parents who hit babies... over sensitive people like you need to get a reality check...we live in a messed up world; so there will be messed up people that go along with it - the term is commonly known as "life"...get on with it.