Calebs Lighthouse / Return accepted but never refunded!

In June 2005, I ordered jewelry from Caleb's Lighthouse. I was told that my order qualified for the sale listed on their website.

I was charged the amount quoted to me over the phone.

When the items arrived I found that they had charged the original amount and then put through a second charge for the amount of the originally quoted discount.

When I called to discuss, I was told that the sale, advertised on the web, did not apply to my purchase and that the person that I spoke with was a new employee. I told them that I did not authorize the charge and they told me to just return the item.

I returned the item and never received a refund. I spent months contacting the staff and eventually the owner. I finally turned it over to the Better Business Bureau. (they were less than effective in their efforts)

To this day, over 18 months later, I still don't have my $150 refund.

If you want to spend your hard earned cash with honest, reliable businesses, DON'T SHOP AT Caleb's Lighthouse.

Va

Comments

14th of Mar, 2008

I worked for Caleb's and I am the employee that handled this claim. What actually happened was the customer ordered Pandora Jewelry which cannot be discounted. This was clearly stated in the e-mailed sales flyer that went out to all customers. Infact, the sale was only good on selected swarovski beads. After receiving her order, I got the call and the customer first complained that the items did not fit on her Troll bracelet. It had been more than 30 days since her purchase and she could no longer return it. Later, she called and said she was told her purchase was covered under the sale by a sales associate and she could not remember her name. I found this strange because this was an online order. We received a package nearly 2 months later from the customer attempting to return the items and it was obvious they had been worn. We returned the package to the customer and denied her return on the basis that this was clearly a case of buyers remorse. This customer went to her bank and cancelled the payment and kept her beads. This goes to show you that you can't always believe what you read. I worked for this store and found the owner to be fair and honest. If I were still in college this is where I would work. I still shop in the store and know the owner well. She still stops whatever she's doing to talk to me and catch up whenever I see her.