Cal Spas / Pool & Spa Outlet / Tub in the back yard for $11,550

Our beautiful spa was installed on May 29, 2006. We paid cash, $11,552.57. The day it was installed it started to leak. The installer assured us that it was just because he had just set it up. A week later, the breaker burnt out, the one leak became two, and a series of LED lights went out. The first available appoint was on June 13. Ruben came out and could not fix it. He needed two men to fix the leak and did not have all the supplies to fix our spa. The next available appoint was on June 30. Two techs came out but they did not have the correct replacement parts. It wasn't fixed. They came out on July 1st. Still, no remedy. We were scheduled for July 12, but Pool & Spa Outlet called to cancel because Ruben had his appendix taken out. We were scheduled for July 15. Ruben said he came to our house and we were not home!!! I was really more hurt by the lie. We canceled our weekend trip so that we could be home for him. Now they want to schedule an appointment on July 24 (during our vacation!!). Honestly, I think they are waiting for the warranty to expire. Now they won’t return our calls.

First of all, I am out $11,550. All I have to show for this is a tub in the back yard that does not even hold water. I have had to rearrange my schedule to accommodate the service people. I cannot afford to take time off work to be home for the appointments that they may not even show up for. I cannot get anyone to try to get this spa fixed. I just wanted a nice spa to relax in. I have saved for years to buy this thing and now it is the source of many headaches.

Thanks for hearing me out,
Victoria

Company details:

Cal Spas / Pool & Spa Outlet
14268 Valley Center Drive
Victorville, CA 92392
[protected]

Spa Model # SQ800

Comments

• We
      20th of Oct, 2006

Sorry to hear about your experience with Cal spas. I believe I also read your story on /link removed/ I would like to invite you to post the story at www.CALSPASUCKS.COM. This is a brand new website and was built in response to the president of Cal spas contacting me and treating me like a dog on the phone. He is demanding I turn over CalSpaSucks.com or he is going to take my personal and business assets. This site will grow enormously as long as Cal Spas continues to be unable to rectify problems that arise from delivery and other such things. We hope to see you post on this site in the very near future. We truly hope that with some of you continue the pressure and they may end up fixing your spa. We wish you the best of luck and hope they rectify the problem. I would offer to come to you and fix the spa, but as we all know, this would void your warranty for sure! GUARANTEED. It would be the perfect excuse to get out of fixing the spa. CALSPASUCKS.COM

• Ge
      29th of Aug, 2007

I also have had a problem with cal spas, we purchased 4 months ago a spa from a dealer in south florida, his name is alex rodriguez, we gave him a delivery date and after telling us to wait for 3 weeks, we have the delivery planned last week, he changed it, we had it planned for yesterday, he says now it was for today. We haven't received it yet, we even emailed call spas they ignored it because i sent 2 one one month ago and the second one three weeks ago. We have been victims of a fraud!!!

• Cu
      5th of Feb, 2008

We apologize to hear that you had problems with your spa. I know this is an old complaint posting and our rebuttal may not matter, but we just came across this complaint. Cal Spas always backs up our products and cover parts & labor on covered items. In the event that anything should occur, your selling dealer, Pool & Spa Outlet is responsible to perform all necessary repairs. If you are still having trouble or need corporate assistance, please contact Cal Spas Customer Care at 1-800-225-7727 and we will make sure that all of your needs are taken care of. We look forward to making you a happy customer so you can have many years of enjoyment with your Cal Spa.

• Ji
      5th of Apr, 2008

I've had nothing but difficulty with my Cal Spas. It's been unuseable for since early February 2008. The dealer that sold the unit to me, Watson's, has made 12 service calls and are supposedly awaiting backordered parts. Calls and emails to Cal Spas yield no response.

With all due respect to the responding Cal Spas Customer Care Supervisor to Victoria's original post, Cal Spas' apologies are hollow and statements that Cal Spas "always backs up our products" are meaningless. Their actions in my situation prove quite the contrary, much to my dismay.

Buyer beware.

• Ke
      9th of Jun, 2008

We bought a new calspa tub 2 years ago and have had a heater, control pack and a pump fail. It all started last winter when the heater went, I contacted the dealer, they sent a repair tech out a few days later. The temp outside was -18C ... ( I did put a heater in the housing to keep it from freezing. Then the tech said that the heater is not covered by calspa, I get a bill for almost $600 for the heater. (the part was $65) In replacing the heater the tech sprayed water all over the control box, which he opened and fried that also. once it was all done it it did work, for 3 months, then the motor went. Called the dealer and they told me that the motor is covered, but it would cost $90 for the tech to come to the house and $75/hr (min 2 hr callout) just for him to remove the motor, took me 20 min...

So do I feel that we have been screwed, yes, by both the dealer for their support and calspa for a product that just does not last.

Will definately go back to beachcomber for our next one...

Thanks for listening to my rant.

• Ba
      13th of Jul, 2008

I purchased a Cal Spas 6 person Spa from Backyard Splash in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2006 and have had nothing but problems with it. Backyard Splash refuses to fix any problems or financially rectify the situation and they now do not return any phone calls. Cal Spas also did nothing the rectify the problem except telling me how much it will cost to fix a spa one and a half years old. Cal Spas without a doubt has an inferior product and terrible custormer service. They refuse to back their product and obviously do not care about the consumer. Fortuneately, I have been able to steer several customers away from buying a Cal Spas product and will continue to do so. The problems with my spa range from 3 different leaks, damaged wood around the spa, a bad heating unit, and constant run time for the pump.

• Da
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Robert Mendoza, owner of Backyard Splash is a liar and a thief after taking my money for a new spa cover, he never order after telling me after 6 calls that the cover would be in in two days I found out he cleared out his showroom and diconnected his phone and website.

He might hide for now, but I won't let it go.

This is a theft by swindle and is being reported to the Scottsdale police.

• Ro
      29th of Jul, 2008

My name is Robert Mendoza and I can resolve these complaits ASAP if I am contacted or they give me contact info I would love to help them out ASAP

16th of Dec, 2008

I would be more than happy to assist anyone needing help with repairs, either advice or parts or whatever.

I was a Cal Spas Authorized Technician while in Oregon, and since moving to Missouri 6 years ago I have had no contact with them, but I would assume I still qualify.

I can help you in or out of warranty, if you are needing help so please do not hesitate to contact me.

660-263-0984

Ask for John

• Ro
      11th of Feb, 2009

John, Thank you very much for your kindness and patience in helping us with repairing our CalSpa. Your knowledge and expertise literally saved our summer. Just when we were losing hope at finding any valuable information concerning our spa, we luckily ran across your post and and finally felt comfortable for the first time since we recieved the jacuzzi. On the phone you were professional and helpful and had no problem listening to our problems and offering your time and experience with us. For anyone that has any kind of issue with their CalSpa I would highly recommend calling John at 660-263-0984. You will not be dissapointed. If you have tried to accumulate any information on a CalSpa then you know what a God send a certified technician on the other end of the phone to steer you in the right direction. Thanks again John. Rob S. Pennsylvania

• Wh
      29th of Jan, 2010

We had similar issues with our CalSpa, and I too am on a mission to save others from my fate. I hope that competitors steer their customers towards sites like this one so that they can see for themselves who they are dealing with before they buy. I wish I would have read the reviews first.

2nd of Apr, 2011

Just for the record-this company is located in California and is in no way associated with Pool & Spa Outlet in Pittsburgh PA!