Cal Pacific Products / Fraud and scam

1 20725 Prairie St,Chatsworth, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818-882-4280

I got a call from one or their sales guys, I told him right off i was 'NOT' interested and they were not on our vendor list due to no product libality insurance being file. He told me about so hot specials that I told him were not so hot and what I paid for the stuff was half of that, the next thing I know their crap is at my door. I refused the box and took it back to the post office 'unopened'.

I get calls 3 or 4 times a week, demand letters that they are going to file on my credit report, ect. I send all their letters back with a cover letter that i did not order and per my last few letters that I attach, I did not order the junk, they did not have a PO number and am not going to pay for it.

Still the calls come, lots of messages, but if i answer, they hang up on me, kind of strange. This is not the first time that I have had a run with this company, the first time they sold me an electric impact driver, I made it clear that it had to be 'American Made' it was not and it blew up in the hands of my employee, that was just over a year ago. My employee is getting ready to take them to court, they will be surprised, yes they will. The impact driver was to come with a full set of impact sockets, but did not, when I asked where they were, I told that deal was never made.

On top of that, I live in the 'TAX FREE STATE OF ALASKA', God bless Alaska! They were trying to charge me 'Alaska' sales tax! I called them on that on, they told me that this was a new tax that they had to charge, I told them was was for people with IQ under 50. I did not pay for that Impact driver for a long time, never did get my sockets, in the end to keep this off my credit I settled for 50%, but would not agree to sign anything that had to do with my employee, the State of ALaska is Det of Workmans Comp is on them for selling China junk that is not made with UL listed parts or American made as my shop requires.

Sa

Comments

8th of Oct, 2009

these people need to be stopped, i have the same problem they use 3 different companies, i won't answer when its a withheld number or 480 345-7820, they been calling everyday so far for the past 2 weeks, I want to answer and tell them off but i know i better not, what can a person do any idea!

Bo
  26th of Jan, 2010

you can all sleep better knowing that cal-pac is now out of business. I worked for them for about 10+ years as an independant sales contractor. I was always honest with my customers, cal-pac on the other hand was not. As sales rep we are required to take 10% undercharge against comission if we promise the cust no-freight. Many times i would do just that & when i called back cust to re-sell, they would tell me there was freight charges. I always threw in something for free on their next order in most cases. Of course cal-pac charged me the cost of free item off my check. Either way they cant lose. They collected freight from cust as well as charge sales rep 10%. there is always a few "bad apples" in every barrel. Unfortunately I was a "good apple" in a bad barrel! I worked for them up until 2 weeks ago when they closed their doors with no notice. I didnt even get my last check. They said they were going to hold my last check to cover any returned items that may come back during the next 6 months due to the fact we are paid comission in advance(we get paid comission before cust gets bill). In closing, I made very good money because I had a good repore with my customer base. I am currently selling for one of their competitors & i'm very pleased so far with my customers feedback. sincerely, "The Tool Man"