CAL Group / Unauthorized charges

My father and I attended a seminar where the CAL Group talked about investing in Go Zone properties. We gave them a $5, 000 deposit on December 2006 and an additional $18, 000 deposit on March 2007. This was all earnest money that was fully refundable if financing did not go through. The financing did not go through. We asked for our deposit back, but instead they wrote us a promissory note to pay it off in small payments with interest. We accepted their terms. They were supposed to start payments on July 2008. We never received any payments.

We made several attempts to contact them, but instead, we only got the run around with promises to call us back but never getting any results. The company that hosted the seminar has informed me that they had similar complaints from other students.

Fr

Comments

• Mi
      20th of Mar, 2009