Cake Luv Bakery / Can't Do Custom Cakes

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I paid $210 for a red fondant cake shape like an apple with the NY skyline going around the cake. The cake should have served 60 people. That is what my invoice says.

Well the baker took it upon herself to make me a small version of the cake, which only served about on twelve people. Then she brought me a seperate yellow battered sheet cake with neopolitian icing. That served about thirty people. We ran out of cake. We had about twenty people who did not get cake, including my daugher and myself.

I wrote the baker and asked for $70 (3.50 x20) refund. The baker does not think she is wrong. She saying that we should have had enough cake. She is blaming the catering hall for not knowing how to cut the cake. I told her that the bottom line is, I did not get what I ordered. And I also thought she should have consulted with me before she took it upon herself to bring me two cake. She wants to give me a credit toward another cake. I think I should get my refund because I did not get what i wanted.

Comments

• Bi
      6th of Jul, 2009

Pics would have been nice.

Why did you even pay for the cake if it wasn't what you wanted? You served them, and now want a refund? Sorry, that's not the way things work. This isn't even disputable w/ your card company since you accepted the product. The baker doesn't have to do anything to compensate your greed, but is willing to meet you half way w/ a credit. Shut up & take it - get a tastier cake; fondant doesn't really taste all that great.

• Pd
      6th of Jul, 2009

I would disbute the charge on my credit card statement. You have proof that you did not get was agreed to on your invoice. I would not want credit towards another cake...they didn't get this one right! I agree...you deserve cash credit.

• En