Cactus Critter Sitters / Terrible experience

I want to inform people about a flaky petsitting business called Cactus Critter Sitters located in Mesa, Az. We were going away for a week's vacation and I scheduled an appointment 3 months in advance to meet the owner of this company. We scheduled the appointment one week before we left. She was supposed to be at our house at 10am. At 10:30 she still hadn't shown up so I left a message on her voice mail to call me if she needed directions. At 10:45 she still hadn't arrived or called me back. I was completely nervous by then and frantically calling other petsitting services. Thank God a neighbor agreed to watch our pets. I called the owner back and told her we found someone else and won't be using her services. If we didn't find someone to watch our pets we may have had to cancel our vacation thanks to the flaky owner of Cactus Critter Sitters. She never did call to give an explanation of her absence either. If you live in Arizona and have friends or family that use petsitting please tell them to avoid this company. I don't want anyone else going thru our experience.

Va

Comments

• He
      30th of Nov, 2011

How many boards do you have to slander this poor business owner? We have used Cactus Critter Sitters for years and we love them. From reading your post is it possible there was miscommunication about the time or day of your appointment? I know we would always receive a confirmation call one to two days before our appointment to meet with our pet sitter. From your notes I don’t show you indicated that you received any call to from CCS to confirm the appointment with you. Plus, based off your post you gave CCS less than an hour to respond. Anything could have happened in that hour, that would have delayed a call back such as an emergency with pets in their care or they had their phone off while meeting a new client. Then I also see you noted that you called back to advise you found someone else. In the business with pet sitting, these calls happen all the time of last minute cancellations of service because they found a friend or neighbor to do it for them for free. Personally, I would not have called you back either based off this post and your message that you no longer wanted CCS services. That is just me. I love CCS and so do my babies! Thanks for letting me rant and rave. If you search for CCS you find this is the one and only bad feedback in 5+ years. People should really think before they put things online, because you can never truly remove it.

• Do
      17th of Jan, 2012

When someone makes an appointment with a potential client they need to keep that appt. or at least give a reason as to why they can't make it. I should have went with my gut feeling about this woman that said she isn't trustworthy when she wanted to meet with us ONE week before we left for our vacation. Since she 1. Didn't show up for the appt. 2. Didn't call to re-schedule or give a reason for why she couldn't be there at appointed time and 3. Didn't call back at all there is only one adjective to describe her...FLAKY!!