Cache Creek, CA / Arrogant security guard

1 Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

I am writing to share my frustrating experience in Cache Creek Casino. On 7/17/2008, I went to the casino with several people and two children. We know that children are not allowed in card playing areas, so we just stayed in the restaurant with the children. However, the 2-year-old boy approached the slot machine. One security guard came up to me and asked us to stop the children. At that time, his mother was next to him already. And I told the guard that "ok. we are trying to do that." Then he said "You have to do that right now" in an impolite way. I was unsatisfied within his bad attitude, and then I told him I am not the parent, which is fact. Then she approached the mother. At that time, the boy already left the machine.

Then the security guard approached our friend, whom we met in the casino coincidently. The guard told him "don't play with your daughter like this." (He embraced the girl.) Then our friend said "OK, no problem." But the guard did not want to stop yelling. He shouted "this is not a playground..." Even though I am not close to this friend, I could not stand the bad attitude of the guard. He already said OK and agreed to follow what you said. Why did you still keep on yelling? Are you trying to make him feel insulted in public?

Then I told him he was not the father of the girl, which is also true. Then he changed his focus to me and started yelling at me. I don't know what he can be based on to make the yelling. I am not the parent of either child, and I am just trying to correct his wrong accusation. But he cannot admit he made a mistake in accusing people, and keeping on yelling at me to distract people from his faults. I told him don't talk to me like this. Then he pointed his finger to me, which was witnessed by many people in the restaurant area. I asked him to "shut up" because I don't want to talk to such a bad person. Then he said don't ask me to shut up. I don't know why I cannot ask him shut up when he is openly yelling at the wrong person who is not related to the issue.

Then he called a person to come. The mother of the children suggested us leaving, for the sake of the children. Then we left the casino and waited outside for other people who came in the same car. Then the security supervisor chased after us. I told him his subordinate pointed his finger to me and yell at me, when I am not a parent. Then he asked me to give him my ID. I don't know what these work procedures are. When you yelled at the wrong person, you would not apologize but have to write down the ID information of the person? For what? Retaliation? The ID shows our address. He pointed his finger to us in an open area. If he knows where I live, can you imagine what would happen?

We feel that he is biased and did not want to talk to him. Then we went to the car and prepared to leave. He found another person to come and kept on chasing after us. Hey! You are security guard for the casino, not FBI. Do you think you have the power to take people into custody?

I don't think a casino would authorize their security team to abuse their power like this. That's the problems of individuals. If the children in the gambling area is their concern, when we leave the area, the problem is gone already. But they still chased after us when we have left the slot machine area. What is their intention? Solving the problem or trying to win the situation in order to empower themselves?

I understand that the security team has responsibility to ensure that children do not gamble. But do they need to achieve that goal by insulting people and chasing after them, even after they are gone? They do not respect the customers. I know the casino sponsored some of the tours, but we are not one of them. They should not feel that we owe them anything. His attitude made me feel that I am working for him.

I am mad at the first guard we met, but more disappointed at the supervisor because he never tries to apologize for his subordinate for pointing his finger to us, but ask for ID to try to keep record of the person they yelled. When we drove away, he was writing down our license plate. He considered us as criminals in the whole process. How can we communicate with him?

Even if a police talks to the general public, they would not do that when the person does not have any weapons. I cannot understand why he would do that.

Best Regards,
Frustrated customer.

Comments

• Ca
      29th of Aug, 2008

They are security not customer service, there job is to be rude. You fail at life.

• Gu
      2nd of Dec, 2008

"free night contest" "I WANT TO WIN"

• Do
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Free night contest "I want to win"

• Do
      3rd of Dec, 2008

"Free night Contest"

21st of Jul, 2009

( "rudeness is an epidemic"..DR. HANIBAL LECTER) I SUPPOSE IT DEPENDS ON WHO GETS OFFENDED MORE..DEALING WITH A MISCREANT UNRULY CHIRLD, OR A GRUMPY SECURITY GUARD WHO GETS TO LITTLE SLEEP AND WAY TO LITTLE PAY OR RESPECT. THIS ECONOMY IS REALLY GOING NOWHERE..I SUGGEST YOU GET USED TO RUDENESS, BECAUSE THAT IS THE LEAST OF WHAT IS COMING WHEN PEOPLE GET REALLY HUNGRY AND UPTIGHT...THEY GOT GUNS, AND GOD-HELP-YOU IF YOU ARE IN THEIR WAY.!WHY DO YOU THINK I AM RETIRING AFTER 30 YEARS OF GUARD SERVICE..THOSE LITTLE SQUIRRELY COMPLAINTS REPRESENT THEMSELVES IN ONE'S PERSONAL FILE AT SOME AGENCY AS IF YOU ARE 'THE-CHIEF-EVILDOER-WHO SHOWERS-WITH-BIN-LADEN"!THIS COUNTRY NOT ONLY HAS AN ECONOMIC PROBLEM..ITS' PEOPLE HATE AND DISRESPECT ONE-ANOTHER! MOMMA AND STETSON UNIVERSITY DID NOT PREPARE ME FOR THE WHINING AND VETCHING THAT EATS YOUR KISHKAS OUT OVER LITTLE MINISCULE PROBLEMS. YOU ARE EATING THE SOULS OF YOUR CITIZENS, ONE MORBID BITE AT A TIME. STOP THE MADNESS..SHUT-THE-HELL-UP AND GIVE US A MOMENT'S REST! THE AGENCY BOSSES DON'T WANT TO HEAR US, AND WE SURE AS HELL DON'T NEED LITTLE KIDS RUNNING AMOK IN CASINOS OR SYMPATHETIC "do-gooders" TRYING TO "teach security a lesson" BY BEING SMUG..EAT THAT!