Cabos Vacation Club / fraudulent contract/avoiding communications for contract cancellation/refund

1 Fontur, San Jose Del Cabo B. C. S., Mexico Review updated:

Contract final monthly dollar amount was different from the amount agreed and signed for on the initial worksheet. When returning to my unit and discovering the discrepancy in figures I called and spoke with the sales representative letting him know I had some issues with the final contract I wanted to clarify with him and specifically of that discrepancy, but he said he was heading out of town and would call me later. He acknowledged that the final amount should have been what was on the worksheet. He never called me. After waiting until the next day I still couldn't get in touch with him so I made several calls to the resort sales office. I decided to cancel the contract. I spoke with the female who handled contract cancellations and she told me I had five days to cancel and she would text me an email address to submit my notice of cancellation and then she would get with her manager for how to handle it. I sent the notice but no one contacted me to verify receipt of the notice so I called with no success in talking with her again. I then sent a certified letter of cancellation with no response as of today. I requested a refund of my payment of $1500.00.

Ha
Mar 30, 2018

Comments

• Wa
      7th of Aug, 2018

I am a former timeshare sales and marketing executive, and I am sharing with consumers what I had learned while working in the industry. I worked in Cabo San Lucas for many years and know the resorts and the contracts.

Could you tell me which resort?

DO NOT send them any more money - EVER. You might be able to get a refund through Profeco, the consumer protection agency for Mexico.

I have written a report that will explain why buying a timeshare from a resort in Mexico is the "worst" thing you can do for your family.

If you want a copy of this free report, just email me at my personal email.

W.C. Robinson