BWS Caloundra CBX Bottle Shop / discrimination

1 Caloundra, Queensland, Australia

Hello 22/10/2017 approx. 5.30pm, BWS 12 Bulcock St, Caloundra served by the Manager Nigel.

I was in the store, when I went to the counter with my $6 Clean Skin Chardonnay. I requested that Nigel price match Dan Murphy's on this product. A whole $1. Well there was another customer at the counter and Nigel said NO, it is "Managers Discretion", (Managers Discretion = I will do it for my friends and acquaintances, but not you). I then told Nigel that Wendy managing the BWS 24 Bowman Rd Caloundra, has price matched me for months on this particular wine.

Wanting to totally clarify the Managers name after this incident. I rang the 12 Bulcock St, CBX Bottle shop, Caloundra to clarify that the managers name was in fact, Nigel. Within that conversation Nigel went on to say that he rang the 24 Bowman Rd store, and told me the person at 24 Bowman Rd Caloundra, never did this. Implying I am lying.

Approx 6.15pm, on the same evening, I then went down to the 24 Bowman Rd BWS and asked if Nigel rang. The answer was he did, accusing me of saying that Wendy matches all prices. That is not what I said, but obviously Wendy is intelligent enough to understand that a sale for $5 instead of $6 is better than a sale to Dan Murphy's.

So now I have been discriminated against, accused of lying and belittled in front of another customer. As well as being totally taken out of context.

I suggest immediately you inform your Management to stop “Management Discretion”. Obviously Nigel sees me neither as a Friend or Acquaintance. And yet BWS and Woolworth’s are just Corporations that should not suggest discrimination, in any form. Except for totally intoxicated persons, which neither I nor the other customer where.

Either BWS price matches Dan Murphy's or it does not. That way customers will not be insulted, when it suits staff or management, especially in front of other customers. HORRIBLE.

Su