BwayPhoto / Bait and switch!

1 337 E 89 StreetBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-3381800

I order at least $2,000 of merchandise on the net per month with no problems. I wanted the Sony Camcorder 30G. Did a search and found a great price unfortunately at BwayPhoto. It stated camera in stock and I placed the order with a credit card. The next day I get this ridiculous message: We thank you for choosing bwayphoto.com as your choice for all your photographic equipment.In order to further verify your order #W1363390, we will need to speak with you on the phone. Please call our processing department at [protected] Extension 241so we may verify and process your order.

Further verify your order' is another way to get more money from you!! There was nothing to discuss but I called and was put rudely on hold for 21 minutes. Then they try to sell you a bunch of other things and after you decline suddenly the camera is no longer in stock.

Save your time and money, they are a scam scam scam.

Va

Comments

• Br
      9th of Jan, 2008
    BwayPhoto - Terrible experience!
    BwayPhoto
    Brooklyn
    New York

Much like the above, I ordered a camera which is IN STOCK according to the website. I get an email the next day saying I need to "verify my order"- I get a sales pitch saying they are out of stock with the regular package but they can sell me an upgrade package with a bunch of other stuff I didn't want. (So, the camera's there, right??) They say ok, well try back in a week- I said how about you tell me when it's there and then send it. A week passes, nothing. I have called (on hold 20 minutes for the above) and emailed. Received nada but form emails w/ no name, etc. This is a completely BS scam apparently being used by other "businesses" as well. Do not pay attention to the "CERTIFIED SELLER" BS on the web, it's garbage.

• Je
      10th of Mar, 2008

How can there be websites like this out there? Nothing but rude and pushy employees at BwayPhoto. I had to keep asking, "Wait, what am I buying again?" For a Pentax K100D they asked me to buy an upgrade package with some battery, charger and warranty, originally $383 with tax included, I ended up paying $699. Complete scam. I was on hold for about 30 minutes and on and off on hold for another 20 minutes. Realizing that these ###s just ripped me off by selling a gray market product with ridicously priced no name brand batteries and OUT OF THE US warranty (they probably were going to send me some cheap knock off from china or japan) that wouldn't even add to the extra $300 they charged me I decided to call back and cancel my order. Without any fight, the man working at customer service canceled my order and said I should receive a complete refund in 24 hours...I am patiently waiting since it's only been about 2 hours since I canceled my order. However, I can't believe how unsatisfactory this company is; I have more trust in eBay than this nonsense, never again will I order from these ###s!