BuzzQuotes.com / Refund not received form BuzzQuotes.com

The company required $300 up front to provide qualified life & health ins. leads in a zip area. Leads provided are deducted from deposit. 22 leads were provided most in bad areas, I kept protesting and asking for credit for these bad leads. Some were granted but never credited. So I canceled in writing to Customer Service on their web site. The next day they charged my credit card with $230. I called, asked why since I canceled (also e-mailed). Then I was told by manager, Greg Martin (?) I would get a refund of $258 in Nov (no credit for bad leads) Called credit card, they are holding $230 charge pending their investigation since no refund so far. Of the 22 leads only 5 were bonafide, I want refund of 17 x 10.50 =$178.50 plus the $230. I been trying to settle this since 10/28 when I canceled I have over 30 pages of documentation. Any help would be appreciated.

Va

Comments

Va
  27th of Dec, 2006

In January 2006, I contacted BuzzQuotes to see about signing up for internet leads to help with insurance sales. When I signed up with Greg Morgan, I was told that the company provided quality leads in real time. It did not take long for me to realize that this was not the case. For example, I signed up for 10 leads a day. All of a sudden I would get leads in the middle of the night, all at once. Additionally, in the RARE event that I actually got a good lead or someone on the phone, I was told that they were trying to get a free video game or something and filled out a survey.

I called up BuzzQuotes and told them I wanted to discontinue my service until they got their act together. I also sent my request in written form via email. Greg Morgan called me back and said that they had subscribed to a poor marketing company and that they had fixed the problem. Additionally, he said that BuzzQuotes was updating their service to allow filtering of leads. So, like an idiot, I believed him and gave them another shot.

About two weeks into the second shot a guy in my office came to me and said that he and I were getting the same leads from the company. The service is supposed to be limited to one agent per company. He and I were both furious and called BuzzQuotes. I was also upset because I had seen no new filters and was still getting leads at 3am all at the same time. We were told that BuzzQuotes had made a mistake and that they would give us free leads.

The other agent took the free leads and later quit the service because the leads were horrible. I on the other hand did not take the free leads saying free bad leads are still bad leads, and I want my money back (a total of $738). I said I don’t care about the leads from the first time around, just give me the money from the second time. I reported to my credit card company (American Express) what had happened and challenged the charge.

Greg Morgan called me and said that he wanted to give me my money back, but that since I had challenged the charge there was no way he could credit my card unless I called AMEX and pulled the challenge. I called AMEX and explained the situation. I asked them if I could re-challenge the charge if I was being lied to. They said that I could, so I pulled the charge. Every time I spoke to Greg Morgan after that, he told me he would do it that day, or in a few hours. After 3 weeks of waiting for this credit, I challenged the charge again.

For the next EIGHT MONTHS I challenged the charges from BuzzQuotes. When I would speak to Greg Morgan he would say that I was right, BuzzQuotes made a mistake, and that I deserved my money back. He even emailed me once that he would not challenge my dispute to AMEX. However, according to AMEX, every time I would challenge the charge, BuzzQuotes would tell them that the charges were legitimate and that I had a contract with them. However, I had cancelled the initial contract via email the first time. Plus, their own Terms & Conditions state that they only sell to one agent per company.

I am still waiting for my $738. Do not use BuzzQuotes or any service associated with Greg Morgan. I have heard reports from a NUMBER of colleagues that have lost THOUSANDS of dollars to BuzzQuotes’ fraudulent activity.

Ro
  31st of Dec, 2006

I disagree with the following statements i have been using buzzquotes for over 12 moths and this company has changed my business for the positive. I like the fact that you can pay as you go as the leads come in. I f you only want to receive 300.00 dollars worth of leads thats all you have to deposit and if you wish to continue you add more $$$. I have not any issues with the company at all. I wish that they could get me more leads.

Ch
  11th of Feb, 2007

Roger,

You are obviously a fictitious person (probably with Buzzquotes). Every person I have spoken with at my company (A LOT of people) would adamantly disagree with you, as do I.

Let's face it people, type in Buzzquotes to any search engine you want and see what you come up with. Additionally, type in other companies and you will not see anything...so....I would say that Buzzquotes is a rip off.

Hey, there are so many other good, quality companies out there, why not err on the side of caution?

Ty
  23rd of Feb, 2007

Don't use BuzzQuotes!!! Yup...just like the others I got scammed as well....$500. Greg kept on telling me that he would give me a refund for bogus leads...I even got one or two leads that were from another state. It has been about 6 months and I am still waiting for my refund.

Sh
  11th of May, 2007

Buzzquotes.com is a scam hands down, signed my contract on 09/20/06 with them and gave them $500 off of my credit card. I was asking for home insurance leads, I didn't ge a single lead until almost 3 months later and the ones I got didn't own a home, or didn't want a quote. I called them after receiving only a few leads and requested to cancel and get a refund of my remaining balance. Was told that I would receive it in no longer than 5 business days, this was on 3/30/07 and I have since e-mailed, faxed, mailed, and called in several requests and have seen no refund. Greg Morgan is spineless and if I lived closer to New York I would love to kick his A#@!

Re
  16th of May, 2007

Re: BuzzQuotes.com

You recently took money from my account and it was not authorized by me or my husband. I want my money back immediately plus the $25.00 service charge that was also charged to my account by the bank. I do not know who or what type of company you are, but we are very upset about this matter and need it resolved immediately.

Rebecca Cooper

Mi
  24th of May, 2007

I did the same program as the other agents. I have been working with Scott Harrington at Buzzquotes. Scott will not return my phone calls. They took 500.00 out of my account way before I was ready. I gave them my credit card information as I was instructed. I told Scott that I was not going to be ready to work any leads until April. They took out the money 3-15-07. When I did receive the leads I immediately began calling the numbers provided and emailed quotes. I received 34 leads before I emailed them and told them to shut them off. Out of 34 health insurance leads, 2 of them were medicare supplements, some of them were not in my state and only 3 people actually responded. Not one person bought insurance. Everyone of the leads are not qualified people looking to buy. This is the absolute worst leads program I have ever been involved with. Buzzquotes needs to be shut down. I am in the middle of trying to get my money back as well through my credit card company.

Te
  12th of Sep, 2007

STAY AWAY FROM BUZZQUOTES! After not receiving any quotes for 3 months, I fnally got a few, mostly junk (fake names, addresses, etc). I submitted a request for credit on a some of these and heard NOTHING. After a while of this, I requested to cancel my account with MATT LYSON. He was nice and told me he would personnally handle it. NOTHING got done. I followed up 3 times afterwards with emails and faxes to cancel my account and get my $500 back. I even tried to dispute the charge with AMEX, but now they said its too late. Before you get past 60 days from the charge date, if you haven't setup your dispute, DO IT! You can always withdraw it, but after this time period you are screwed. This is their way to get you past the 60 days by telling you it takes time to market in your area and generate leads, so you wait, and wait, and wait. Don't give them a penny! It is money out the door. Sounds like all Buzzquote reps are trained to handle these issues the same way by promising something to get you off the phone, but do nothing.

Ab
  31st of Mar, 2008

Anyone here have Greg's number at BuzzQuotes? He owes me $1366 and i have been contacting him for well over a year. Thank you.

Abi

Wi
  2nd of May, 2008

I know where greg morgan is