BuyTVToday.com / scam

1 Bellevue, WA, United States Review updated:

I ordered Samsung tv through online on 2/22. Roman emailed me to make a direct deposit $2499 through wire transfer to his US Bank account in order for him to hold the item for 24 hours. He said he had 2 tvs. I made deposit on same day. He never shipped the item or had no plan to deliver the item. He promised refund but never refund. He keeps on saying " Sorry for delay. I mailed it yesterday." It's been almost 2 months. I made a report to Washington State attorney general. I will post this complaint on as many places possible and local organizations and authorities.

Yo
Apr 10, 2013

More BuyTVToday.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• We
      18th of Jun, 2013

On March 11th 2013 I ordered a Samsung TV model UN65ES8000 through buytvtoday.com which is the website for World Wide Electronics, LLC. Roman Ogourtsov, Sales Director - or at least that is what he calls himself- emailed and asked me if I was paying by check or via bank draft. I replied I wanted to pay by credit card since I did not feel comfortable providing my banking information. He replied he will send their banking information as well; with hesitation, I send a check for $2, 499.00 for the purchase of the TV. I emailed and asked if the check cleared and he replied that the order was released on March 19th. On March 25th I emailed again to inquiry about the shipment status and he replied asking me if we had discussed about another TV model, which we did not. I called and he stated that the TV I ordered was discontinued and he will offered the updated version, the UN65F8000 for the same price. On April 9th, I called several times, left messages and no answer. I emailed him again and told him to stop giving me the runarounds and to honest and he never answered. On April 15 he emailed and ask me if I still want the updated version, I replied to send a refund if I don’t get the TV in a week. I waited until April 19th and still no TV, I emailed again on April 22 and he said only the smaller units have arrived. I emailed again on May 8th to let him that through my research, the TV will be available for sale on May 12th. He replied that he would get it by the same time. I asked him about the delivery date and he stated that it will ship the following Monday, May 13th from Fremont, CA and will arrive on Friday, May 17th. Friday came and went and no delivery, I immediately asked for a refund and he replied if the TV is not does not arrive by Monday, May 20th he will issue a full refund. Once again, he failed to deliver; and started again with the runarounds. The last email exchanged I received from him was on Wednesday, June 5th. I kept emailing ever since and he never replied. It has been over three months since I placed my order and this individual conned me out of $2, 499.00. There is a plethora of complaints against this individual through a significant number of viable platforms. Just Google “Complaints against World Wide Electronics, LLC” and please take a look. I strongly believe this Roman Ogourtsov character must be brought to justice and pay for his crimes. I can provide the email exchange conversation chain between and Roman Ogourtsov.

• Ka
      10th of Jul, 2013

We have also been scammed by this man. We have contacted our attorney, filed police reports with our local sheriff and the police in Bellevue, filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General, and have started legal proceedings through the Small Claims Court in Washington. We've also contacted Seattle's largest television station and plan to contact the Seattle newspapers, the IRS, and the Federal Trade Commission. Our attorney sent him a letter of demand this morning and if he doesn't not immediately comply we will continue to do everything possible to prosecute this man. What amazes me is how many of us have gotten scammed and how he is able to continue this. I am like a dog with a bone and I will continue to fight until this man is brought to justice. I plan on contacting Dateline, too, to investigate him. He has 78 complaints as of this afternoon filed against him with the Better Business Bureau. Someone is definitely dropping the ball on getting this stopped. My husband is 75, is in kidney failure, has diabetes which is affecting his sight, and has had a quintuple heart bypass. We are on a fixed income, but he wanted this TV so much and his time is short. We are out $2900.

• Gr
      16th of Sep, 2013

Kathryn,
    We were scammed out of $3, 550 on 6/27/2013 and have not received any help from the Washington AG office. Can you please give me an update of your efforts to get your money back as we believe that our next step will be to file in small claims court. However, because Roman's company is World Wide Electronics, LLC I don't know if we will get very far. I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact at my e-mail address, grace.kasal@att.net
    We have also made reports to FBI, Federal Trade Commision, and filed complaints with many of the scam sites.
    Thank You.