BuyTheStars / Order not received but my money taken

I made what I thought was a legit transaction with the business buythestars.com and never received what I paid for. I've tried numerous times to contact them so that I can receive one or the other. The only way to contact them is through email because they don't provide a phone number. I don't even think it is even a legal business and they are just scamming people for money.

The website advertises a 1-3 day delivery which is clearly not true because I placed my order at the begening of March and it is now April and still nothing at my door step. Ireceived an email after I contacted them for the first time and the appologized and claimed they had reshiped my order and to verify my address. I did as intructed and did notreceived that shipment either.

This star registry company is clearly a scam and should not be allowed to continue to take people's money. I know this is just a complaint but if anybody reads this and happens to know to what I can do please contact me.

Ra

Comments

• Bu
      22nd of Apr, 2010

We recommend customers to file a charge back if their items are not received. 9 times out of 10 when an item does not reach our customers, their shipping address is normally wrong or invalid.
    The customers money will be refunded if the charge back is valid and should be filed with their bank/credit card issuer.
    We also would like to note that our company is not a SCAM and we do not take lightly to such allegations.

Again if there is a problem and you do not receive your order, please file a charge back with your credit card company. Your credit card company will review this information we provide and you provide and make a decision based on the evidence provided.

• Fl
      25th of Feb, 2011

I have purchased the his and her package back on Feb 10th and have not received what was promised. I have tried contacting 7 times with ZERO response. This is absolutely a scam. I am making many many complaints all over the internet and to the authorities and cyber crimes unit. These types of rip-off websites charge you, then make you fight the credit card companies to get your money back. Avoid going to this site, it is nothing but an absolute scam.

• I0
      24th of Dec, 2011

My brother and I both ordered stars through this company, him two days before me. We both received our packages, however they were the exact same thing; Same star, same coordinates, same everything. We even had them both shipped to the same address! This is an absolutely ridiculous scam.

• Mr
      16th of Feb, 2012

BUY THE STAR is FAKE!!! they honestly take your money. I placed an order not to long ago and they garunteed a 1-3 day shipping which was a total LIE.. They don't have a contact number because they didnt want you to call and harrass them about them not giving you what they promised. Everyone save you money and don't fall for the SCAM...BUYTHESTAR i just wanna say "FUK YOU".. you will be hearing from my lawyers... im going to shut you down or atleast get alot of money out of you hahahah i can't wait.

• Gl
      8th of Dec, 2013

I placed an order on November 28th, 2013 and today is December 8th and nothing has arrived after promised 1-3 shipping days. I have email them 4 times with no response. The so called "business" has created the shipping label to send me a tracking number but has yet to mail the product. I paid using Paypal and I have filed a complaint today. I am VERY disappointed with this so called "business". I hope no one else falls for this ""scam" and yes I called it a SCAM BUYTHESTARS because that is what you are. If you were a reputable business you would offer a phone number to contact if there are problem or respond to emails but you don't do either one! I just hope that I can get my money back so that I can purchase the Christmas gift again some somewhere else. Dont buy from BUYTHESTARS.COM they are a HUGE SCAM. Just wish I had read the reviews before I placed my order.

16th of Dec, 2013

I purchased my order on the 10th and have not heard anything from them either??!! Is it really a scam? Should I go ahead and start filing a complaint with PayPal also???

4th of Jan, 2014

I've purchased a product on Dec 17, I still am yet to recieve mine. I am a mother on unemployment, and It was the only gift I got for my husband for christmas since my income was limited. So he now has no christmas gift. How pleasant and I was so depressed on the holidays. :( This aint right. I can't even figure out how to get my money back

4th of Jan, 2014

Update: Call paypal customer service. The confirmed that they pretend to ship your item and they provide a number that is invalid. They gave me my money back and submitted it to their review department, so now they wont be able to do it to anyone else. I hope that everyone else does the same, because this isnt right. We work too hard for our money, just for it to be taken away like this.