BuyOwner.com / Buy Owner is a terrible scam! Please do not use this corrupt company!

Buy Owner is the shadiest, most unscrupulous company that I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with in my entire life. They will take your money upfront, and will never sell your house. They lie, cheat, and steal. All of that advertising they claim to do is completely misleading. In fact, it is only directed at you the seller. THEY DO NOT TARGET BUYERS AT ALL. The people who troll their website, are mainly all of the sellers checking on their, and other people's properties to see the competition, and realtors who want to list your property. It is definitely a SCAM. Everyone is right when they say," Run away from them!" They need to be put out of business. It is a fraudulent company, and they're the only ones making a profit, like in a giant pyramid scheme. It's as if the whole website profile thing, is just incidental. It's merely an excuse for them to take your money. The only problem, is that what they're selling is bogus. It truly does not work!!! Please do not repeat the mistakes of people on this site. For the love of everything good in this world, DO NOT USE BUY OWNER!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY. INVEST IT. BUY A GIFT FOR SOMEONE. HELP OUT YOUR PARENTS. GIVE TO THE POOR, A HOSPITAL, NEEDY CHILDREN, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, BURN IT... JUST PLEASE DO ANYTHING BESIDES GIVING YOUR MONEY TO THESE THIEVES.

If you really want to sell your home by yourself, there are several, relatively inexpensive ways to do it. Unlike Buy Owner, they won't rob you blind. There are quite a number of flat fee listing services online, that will list your property on the mls, which is really important if you're a motivated seller. This will literally cost you a couple hundred dollars, compared to the thousands you'll throw away with Buy Owner. As a general rule, if someone wants you to pay thousands of dollars upfront, offering you no guarantees, no refunds, and absolutely no statistics on their selling capabilities, run in the other direction. There are other For Sale By Owner sites that do not operate like Buy Owner, and do not charge those ridiculous prices, for those insane advertising packages. Trust me, it's all B.S.

Buy Owner pads their profile packages with truly unnecessary amounts of photos, and virtual tours, that no one will ever see. That's how they try to justify their crazy prices. They try to get you to purchase as many photos as they can, all the while telling you how important it is for people to see every inch of your property. Go to any well respected Realty sites on the web, and see that they do not have 80 pictures of one house, with 20 virtual tours. No one in their right mind would sit through all that. If a buyer likes what they see, they'll know after the first few pics, and will schedule an appointment to view the property in person.

To get you to pay thousands of dollars, for these overblown, puffed up packages, is just plain wrong. In today's market, if you can't sell your home legitimately by yourself, with the aid of a REPUTABLE listing service, yard signs, newspapers, free sites etc., then it actually might be time to call in a Realtor. At least you won't feel like a total fool like me, who spent SERIOUS money with Buy Owner, cancelled three days later, but could not get a refund. Now I am listed with a Realtor who is IN NO WAY AFFILIATED with Buy Owner, and will have to pay them as well. But think about it, at least they only get paid, if and when they sell my house. They have real incentive to work hard for you to actually sell your property. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Buy Owner has their own realty company conspicuously called MLS realty (NOT RELATED TO THE REAL MLS LISTING SERVICE- DON'T BE FOOLED) that will make you sign something like a year listing, and will take a huge commission on top of what you already paid to Buy Owner, once you realize that your house isn't selling. Therefore you must not sign up with them, even if you feel trapped. I was smart enough not to fall into this net, but I've heard horror stories of others who have. It would be like throwing good money after bad.

Basically, don't even invite these people into your homes. You'll regret it immediately. BUY OWNER is BAD NEWS.

Ni

Comments

• La
      29th of Nov, 2010

A few years ago my wife and I were tired of the lack of interest local realtors were getting in our 2 year old home so I rationalized that $3500 was alot better than the $14000 our 7% realtor would take so i called Buyowner. I figured that the Chicago market would find us a buyer. The fellow that came out had this story that he had listed his home and sold through Buyowner and decided to go to work for them. He tried to sell us on the Executive package, or the top of the line deal at nearly $7000 !!! supposedly to get us on the front page when our area is searched. Well there was only 1 other home in our area with them so...we'd be on the front page anyway! We took the least costly package and fortunately paid only $1700 up front, which I thought was a little bogus, that they want paid in full before they do anything. So long story short we were on their site over a year and a half, never got any of the literature they promised showcasing our home. I argued with them for months about the rest of the $ until they put us with collections with some company that seemed to be directly affiliated with them. I ended up settling for 1/2 the remaning balance and paid every month when the woman called. She eventually stopped calling before i paid the full balance. lucky me I guess but STAY AWAY from any real estate seervice that is more than a few hundred bucks for an internet listing.FSBO is well worth the $300 for the MLS listing you get. Buyowner is terrible, no follow up, lying cheating unscrupulous business people!!!