Buyonlinesites.com / Scam

1 United States

It had all the hallmarks of a scam but I didn't want to believe it. **Sigh**

These guys offer you websites already making money, that you take over and collect the money. Sounds even stupider when I write it down. They then proceed to send you update e-mails of how much your site is making. I guess the idea is that people wait around and be amazed at how much money they are making until the three month period expires and they get their first payout.
I bought a site on Friday, and activated phase one of the signup, which was providing paypal address and egold account so I could receive payments.
I waited for the email reply telling me what step 2 and 3 would be and it never came. When I sent an e-mail requesting it I got a reply saying please wait for further instructions. They never came, so I relaxed for the weekend and got back to it this morning(Monday). No instructions, so I started doing some real digging.

*The paypal account my payment went to is unverified.
*Feedback is screened before being posted so everything there is positive.
*I was able to contact a former customer who told me directly she had waited out her three months and then been cut off.
*I have never received any paypal phishing attempts until 36 hours after I signed up. Possibly coincidence but I suspect not.
*My website lacks a page title - which is a bit amateurish for a firm who have supposedly been selling profitable websites for years.
*All the payment details that come through are coming through in the same ammounts - a little suspicious.

People, stay away from this one! They will take your money and run, and then add insult to injury by trying to phish your paypal details off you.

Ga