Buyfixit.comDon't buy it

1 Review updated:

Website ordering is very misleading and confusing. I didn't want the vacuum but accidentally ordered it. I immediately followed their posted procedures to cancel it, but it was sent to me anyway. When I phoned customer service to discuss this, they said there would be no refund for the vacuum because it was "Free" and all I paid was shipping of $12.95. They were rude and unhelpful. The actual Fix it Kit is really cheap and tiny. What an incredible rip off!

Simoniz Fix It Kit is a complete rip off!!! Don't buy it!

More Buyfixit.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Je
      Oct 04, 2008

I ordered the Fix It Pro and when I got the confirmation they also said I ordered the turbo vac. When asked about if I wanted it I checked the no box. I tried calling today but they are only open certain hours. They willl not get by with me as if they don't cancel the turbo vac I will cancel the credit card payment.

• My
      Oct 09, 2008

i did not order the turbo vac . when they asked did i want i checked no. you also said the fix it was 19.95 but you are charging me 29.95. plesae cancel my order. i have already canceled the credit card payment. you are a scam.

• Wi
      Oct 09, 2008

I ordered the Fix-it kit and was charged 42.95. I tried calling to ask why not 19.95 like in the add. I didn't even want the turbo-vac which they were sending. That would be more dust to be collected sitting around. Couldn't get ahold of anyone or no return called. This is bad business. My credit Card company said the process went through and I had do deal with the Fix-it company. Well you know how that goes.

• Ca
      Oct 25, 2008

REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!!
    That should clear the matter up real quick!
    We had trouble with one of these TV offers, Walk-fit which is an arch support product. We too had problems getting our refund because the product wasn't what it was advertised to be.
    After several attempts I went to the Better Business Bureau and that took care of that. We got a full refund.
    Carole Brown

• Er
      Nov 04, 2008

hey everyone..
    I m from turkey and ı want to know.ıs thıs fıxıt workıng or not?

Nov 21, 2008

Not only does this product suck, but I got charged TWICE for shipping. $10 for the ### product -- and 12.95 for the "Free" vac I don't even want.
    No one at the company returns calls or emails and the service department is rude and angry. I plan on complaining to the Better Business Bureau and the States Attorney, for fruadulent claims and unauthorized billing. I will also dispute this on my credit card and I suggest all buyers do the same.

• Na
      Feb 02, 2009

I ordered, selected no to everything, except original product. Didn't want any free products. They charged me shipping on turbo vac anyway. Tried to call, wasn't open for weekend. I tried to call following Monday, got a long message, then put on hold at my expense. Don't order from this company! I am reporting to Better Business Bureau. I will also dispute charges on my card.

• Da
      Feb 03, 2009

I ordered this product and got 2 pens with no product in it. They refused to replace it. This is a rip off product. Promises & Nothing!!!

• Da
      Feb 03, 2009

I got two empty pens for $40.00. They will not replace it with good ones after getting my money. What a rip off.

• Ri
      Feb 04, 2009

Ordered the fix it pens, at 9PM and tried to cancel at 8AM the next day, and the service dept. refused to cancel the order and now are refusing to allow a return. Simoniz co. should be ashamed of themselves for putting out a inferior product. It seems at everything that their pitchman Billy May touts is crappy.

Feb 23, 2009

I ordered this product on line, the whole order processing made me feel it's not trustable, but I had no way to change the order. Then I canceled the order right away. After 2 days I got a email from their customer service, said the order has been shipped and no way to cancel the order.
    This is an ugly website! Don't order it!
    I am going to call the credit card company to cancel the card payment.

• Sn
      Mar 05, 2009

I wanted to order this product, but after trying to order on the 800 no. I changed my mind. They insisted that I give them my billing-street address. I could not make that stupid machine understand they were not the same.
    HaHa After reading the above comments, Iam thankful.

Snooks

• Mi
      Mar 07, 2009

I ordered only one unit which should have been $29.90 with the shipping a holding, thats all I ordered, and this company took $44.85 out of my account. I called my Fraud Unit at my bank and they will be calling this company, because I told them I wanted this purchase canceled and the funds put back in my account ASAP !!

Mildred Moyer
    765-W.Limberlost Dr
    Apt.#63
    Tucson, AZ.

• Tr
      Mar 09, 2009

Always buy items such as these with a credit card, never a debit card as you have no recourse. You do have recourse with the credit company if the advertisement is fraudulent or deceptive. You need to simply state the facts. The add online is the representative fact. The television add is also evidence and shows culpability on the part of the person doing the advertisement. You have recourse in small claims court also and can seize assets of their company if you are successful with your law suit. You need to be able to have patience and the ability to travel to their location in order to actually file the order to seize assets. Make sure you have a legitimate case and do not overstate the facts. If you need to travel to their location I am sure you can also add your travel expenses to this suite. Patience and time can eventually get your money back and the ability to keep the fraudulent product as well.

• Pr
      Mar 31, 2009

I just recently seen this ad on TV and was interested in making a purchase for a car repair that I needed; however, after reading these comments, I'm glad that I did not make the purchase. Thanks to everyone for saving me my time and money from being taken by a scam!!

• Kg
      Mar 31, 2009

I just purchased the Fix it product online today. I read every detail even in the small writing. I checked off no for the turbo vacume. However when I got to the order summary they infact charged me for the vacume that i checked no for! The order came to $54.49!!! What happened to the $19.95 they were advertising on tv? So as I was searching for a Customer Service number for this company...which in the end I did not find I called my Credit Card Compay and canceled my Card. They will replace it in 2 weeks time...Thankfully I came across this website and canceled my card an hour after the purchase was made so that it didnt even get put on my Card yet. This is a total RIP OFFF! Buyer Beware. I would not recomend that anyone buy this product. They are ripping off people left and right and I hope that what goes around comes around. I will NEVER oreder another TV PRODUCT again no will i order anything online unless I know for sure that it is a safe company to order from. I hope they go bankrupt.

• Tc
      Apr 01, 2009

I saw this ad on tv yesterday and decided to go on line and check the product out. I came across this website and read all the complaints and thankfully have all the info I need about this company and its product. I suggest everyone look into filing a law suit if at all possible. This company should not be in business ripping people off. I'm sure there are many more persons out there that have not read this website and are very disappointed with the product.

• Rj
      Apr 08, 2009

billy mays goes on tv as a guest with leno and others and should no longer be one.
    he has no more credibility and nothing he shills should be bought again.
    let's get him and any sponsor of garbage out of biz asap.

• Rj
      Apr 08, 2009

and on an additional note: we should blame the TV stations as well for allowing these companies to cheat us. boycott the TV station and let them know why we're doing it.
    also call the other advertizers on that TV station - the ones with reputable products - and let them know we are not purchasing their products BECAUSE they have ads on that TV station.

consumers unite!

Apr 09, 2009

THIS IS A BIG RIP OFF !!!
    DO NOT FALL FOR IT! DO NOT WORK ON YOUR CAR IT MAKE A BIG MESS OUT OF A SCRACH !!! PLUS THEY WILL CHARG YOU FOR ALL KIND OF STUFF YOU NEVER ORDERD!!! STY A WAY !!!
    IT'S A SHAME THEY ARE NOT SHOT DOWN YET.

Apr 09, 2009

BIG RIP OFF!!! STAY A WAY!!!
    IT'S A SCRACH INTO A MESS!!! CHARG E YOU FOR STUFF YOU NEVER ORDERED!!! CANT GET YOUR MONEY BACK IT'S A FAST SCAM!!! SHOULD BE ILLIGAL TO SELL LIKE THAT !!!

• Wa
      Apr 10, 2009

Thanks for letting me this about this company. I was getting ready to order this ### now, I want thanks for the heads up people.

• At
      Apr 24, 2009

Simoniz Fix It Kit is a complete rip off!!! Don't buy it!

• Pu
      Apr 26, 2009

I was calling them and supposed to order tonight, I thought it would be $12.99 as advertised. The automated voice said, "everything is @29 including the shipping. The question is, "what a hell is an advertisement then? DO NOT BUY or ORDER from them, it's a RIP OFF

• La
      May 16, 2009

I'm glad I checked this website, it saved me a lot of grief. I ordered the HD sunglasses and was pleased with the merchandise. It was my first time ordering anything from these type of offers. From now on I will check for these type of web sites to find out what really is going on.

• Fi
      May 31, 2009
    Buyfixit.com - misleading advertising
    Simoniz
    Nevada
    buyfixit.com

After following all of the online directions for ordering, I was charged for the Turbo Vac which I did not order. Actually, they do not charge you for the Vac but $14.95 for the shipping! (same thing to me) You cannot reach anyone directly at customer service to cancel or change your order, so I emailed them. It will be interesting to see if they heed my instructions to cancel the order.

• Je
      Jun 03, 2009

i have just got back home to england after visiting the wonderful united states of america after watching the advert for the car scratch repair pen i was already to order one but after reading everyones comments about how poor the product and company are i dont think i will bother thanks to everyones honest advice...

• Hi
      Jun 24, 2009

Thanks for the heads up everyone. I just can't order an itemthat has so many ongoing complaints. Wow! I'm surprised their still on the air

Kevin

• Bo
      Jul 01, 2009

Thank you guys for the information.

• Ca
      Jul 01, 2009

You will probably be able to find this Product in the "as seen on TV" section of many stores in a while (for $19.95 plus tax)...to each his/her own.BTW if I can't get the info on the full(total) cost being charged to my credit card, I DON"T buy the product from THAT site...simple rule of thumb :-)

• Ph
      Jul 18, 2009

OMG..BIG BIG BIG RIP OFF. & SCAM...Thank you all for your help! Unfortunately, I ordered before I read all the reviews...my origninal order of $29.99, ended up to be over $100.00. WTF...
    I couldn't get through to talk to a CSR. I took the best advise.
    REPORT YOUR CARD LOST OR STOLEN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, after the purchase.
    The credit card company said, "once they put through the authourization, we're obligated to put the transaction through, but you can dispute the amount if it's wrong." The ccc recieves the amount, then releases the amount. You need to catch it, within this time frame, if BuyFixIt got to your order already!

Jul 21, 2009

Tank all of you. You save my money.
    Mario

• De
      Jul 23, 2009

I was going to order the fixit product but was having trouble finding reviews. It took a lot of digging to get here! I'm so thankful I read all of your complaints before buying! I knew something must be strange with the fixit company, when all the first page of reviews on Google, are owed by fixit. Red Alert... don't buy, was my first thought!!!

Thank you all for being so honest! I hope everyone works together to put this company out of business and keep them off the air!!!

Thanks to all,
    scratched and dented

• Re
      Aug 02, 2009

I was going to oder online as well Thank God all of these comments are for us to see I will not order this product Thanks again to the person whos allowing us as consumers to post these comments on this site for all to read!!!

• 00
      Aug 03, 2009

I am sorry Billy Mays is dead, however it seems that everything he advertised was or is ###. The latest thing is FIXIT. You could do just as good by using a $0.99 felt marker.

• Ka
      Aug 04, 2009

The same man( God Bless his soul) advertised for the Steam Buddy, I ordered it, it was delivered but it couldn't work. I returned, but never to get a replacement. The address of the shipper was 7850 Ruffner Ave. Dept. 4000, VAN NUYS, CA 91406. Now, it is the fix it ad, that is so thrilling that you wanna get the fix and clear out all the ding and the nick! But watch, this are people who will never communicate to you personally, only the automated machine, but once you have placed the order, then you are done. People out there please watch for this masquerading adverts and supposedly margical work from these items, yet when you get it, you realise it was a rip off!. I wish I can hold of the manager at the above address to explain to me what happened to my Steam Buddy machine.
    NJ

• Ri
      Aug 08, 2009

Wow I was actually going to order this product, I have a Black truck, so thanks for the input people.
    I think I'll write to simonize see if I can get a response ...

• Jv
      Aug 09, 2009

I'm glad i didn't spend money on anything that crack head Billy Mays pitched...

• Dr
      Aug 09, 2009

remember the line in a movie years ago ---
    my dad always told me not to say anything bad about anyone.
    billy mays is dead. good.

he shilled for garbage companies out to screw consumers and his being dead is good. now we have to kill these bad companies. we have to torture their leaders.

• Jd
      Aug 10, 2009

I ordered the product and was very careful when ordering so I did not purchase the extra crap. I did receive 2 full pins, green rag, and a bigger bottle of metal scratch polish and was only charged the $19.95. I have used the pins on some scratches on my wifes car (silver). It says on the pin that it needs 1 to 48 hours to cure with your car's paint. I let it set for an hour before I pulled the car back in the garage. A week later the crap washed off. I gave it go again this weekend but let the car set out in the hot sun all day (8+hours). I will check it again later this week. I did wipe of the excess like it said after u you initially apply it, however, after several hours out in the hot sun I had to clean off even more film that appeared to be left over. Really skeptical about the product at this point. I would have been really up set had they charged me for the vac and the other crap.