Buyfixit.com / Don't buy it

United States Review updated:
4.55

Website ordering is very misleading and confusing. I didn't want the vacuum but accidentally ordered it. I immediately followed their posted procedures to cancel it, but it was sent to me anyway. When I phoned customer service to discuss this, they said there would be no refund for the vacuum because it was "Free" and all I paid was shipping of $12.95. They were rude and unhelpful. The actual Fix it Kit is really cheap and tiny. What an incredible rip off!

Simoniz Fix It Kit is a complete rip off!!! Don't buy it!
Va

More Buyfixit.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Je
  4th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered the Fix It Pro and when I got the confirmation they also said I ordered the turbo vac. When asked about if I wanted it I checked the no box. I tried calling today but they are only open certain hours. They willl not get by with me as if they don't cancel the turbo vac I will cancel the credit card payment.
My
  9th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i did not order the turbo vac . when they asked did i want i checked no. you also said the fix it was 19.95 but you are charging me 29.95. plesae cancel my order. i have already canceled the credit card payment. you are a scam.
Wi
  9th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered the Fix-it kit and was charged 42.95. I tried calling to ask why not 19.95 like in the add. I didn't even want the turbo-vac which they were sending. That would be more dust to be collected sitting around. Couldn't get ahold of anyone or no return called. This is bad business. My credit Card company said the process went through and I had do deal with the Fix-it company. Well you know how that goes.
Ca
  25th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!!
That should clear the matter up real quick!
We had trouble with one of these TV offers, Walk-fit which is an arch support product. We too had problems getting our refund because the product wasn't what it was advertised to be.
After several attempts I went to the Better Business Bureau and that took care of that. We got a full refund.
Carole Brown
Er
  4th of Nov, 2008
hey everyone..
I m from turkey and ı want to know.ıs thıs fıxıt workıng or not?
Pa
  21st of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Not only does this product suck, but I got charged TWICE for shipping. $10 for the ### product -- and 12.95 for the "Free" vac I don't even want.
No one at the company returns calls or emails and the service department is rude and angry. I plan on complaining to the Better Business Bureau and the States Attorney, for fruadulent claims and unauthorized billing. I will also dispute this on my credit card and I suggest all buyers do the same.
Na
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered, selected no to everything, except original product. Didn't want any free products. They charged me shipping on turbo vac anyway. Tried to call, wasn't open for weekend. I tried to call following Monday, got a long message, then put on hold at my expense. Don't order from this company! I am reporting to Better Business Bureau. I will also dispute charges on my card.
Da
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered this product and got 2 pens with no product in it. They refused to replace it. This is a rip off product. Promises & Nothing!!!
Da
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I got two empty pens for $40.00. They will not replace it with good ones after getting my money. What a rip off.
Ri
  4th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Ordered the fix it pens, at 9PM and tried to cancel at 8AM the next day, and the service dept. refused to cancel the order and now are refusing to allow a return. Simoniz co. should be ashamed of themselves for putting out a inferior product. It seems at everything that their pitchman Billy May touts is crappy.
Ch
  23rd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered this product on line, the whole order processing made me feel it's not trustable, but I had no way to change the order. Then I canceled the order right away. After 2 days I got a email from their customer service, said the order has been shipped and no way to cancel the order.
This is an ugly website! Don't order it!
I am going to call the credit card company to cancel the card payment.
Sn
  5th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I wanted to order this product, but after trying to order on the 800 no. I changed my mind. They insisted that I give them my billing-street address. I could not make that stupid machine understand they were not the same.
HaHa After reading the above comments, Iam thankful.

Snooks
Mi
  7th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered only one unit which should have been $29.90 with the shipping a holding, thats all I ordered, and this company took $44.85 out of my account. I called my Fraud Unit at my bank and they will be calling this company, because I told them I wanted this purchase canceled and the funds put back in my account ASAP !!

Mildred Moyer
765-W.Limberlost Dr
Apt.#63
Tucson, AZ.
Tr
  9th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Always buy items such as these with a credit card, never a debit card as you have no recourse. You do have recourse with the credit company if the advertisement is fraudulent or deceptive. You need to simply state the facts. The add online is the representative fact. The television add is also evidence and shows culpability on the part of the person doing the advertisement. You have recourse in small claims court also and can seize assets of their company if you are successful with your law suit. You need to be able to have patience and the ability to travel to their location in order to actually file the order to seize assets. Make sure you have a legitimate case and do not overstate the facts. If you need to travel to their location I am sure you can also add your travel expenses to this suite. Patience and time can eventually get your money back and the ability to keep the fraudulent product as well.
Pr
  31st of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just recently seen this ad on TV and was interested in making a purchase for a car repair that I needed; however, after reading these comments, I'm glad that I did not make the purchase. Thanks to everyone for saving me my time and money from being taken by a scam!!
Kg
  31st of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just purchased the Fix it product online today. I read every detail even in the small writing. I checked off no for the turbo vacume. However when I got to the order summary they infact charged me for the vacume that i checked no for! The order came to $54.49!!! What happened to the $19.95 they were advertising on tv? So as I was searching for a Customer Service number for this company...which in the end I did not find I called my Credit Card Compay and canceled my Card. They will replace it in 2 weeks time...Thankfully I came across this website and canceled my card an hour after the purchase was made so that it didnt even get put on my Card yet. This is a total RIP OFFF! Buyer Beware. I would not recomend that anyone buy this product. They are ripping off people left and right and I hope that what goes around comes around. I will NEVER oreder another TV PRODUCT again no will i order anything online unless I know for sure that it is a safe company to order from. I hope they go bankrupt.
Tc
  1st of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I saw this ad on tv yesterday and decided to go on line and check the product out. I came across this website and read all the complaints and thankfully have all the info I need about this company and its product. I suggest everyone look into filing a law suit if at all possible. This company should not be in business ripping people off. I'm sure there are many more persons out there that have not read this website and are very disappointed with the product.
Rj
  8th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
billy mays goes on tv as a guest with leno and others and should no longer be one.
he has no more credibility and nothing he shills should be bought again.
let's get him and any sponsor of garbage out of biz asap.
Rj
  8th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
and on an additional note: we should blame the TV stations as well for allowing these companies to cheat us. boycott the TV station and let them know why we're doing it.
also call the other advertizers on that TV station - the ones with reputable products - and let them know we are not purchasing their products BECAUSE they have ads on that TV station.

consumers unite!
Pa
  9th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
THIS IS A BIG RIP OFF !!!
DO NOT FALL FOR IT! DO NOT WORK ON YOUR CAR IT MAKE A BIG MESS OUT OF A SCRACH !!! PLUS THEY WILL CHARG YOU FOR ALL KIND OF STUFF YOU NEVER ORDERD!!! STY A WAY !!!
IT'S A SHAME THEY ARE NOT SHOT DOWN YET.