BuyBootsonline.com/Ugg Boots / Hidden Charges

1 NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: none provided

This website is outside of the United States. They posted extra, hidden charges onto my credit card then gave me no opportunity to opt out of the charges. The website claims to have a phone number for customer service but there is no phone number. I emailed them immediately upon placing my order and asked them to cancel the order. They have not replied to any of my 5 emails. However, the charge was posted as pending on my VISA card by the next morning! The charge is now in dispute. DO NOT do business with this dodgy website.

Comments

• Ti
      2nd of Dec, 2010

Me too!!! I placed an order on the 29th, emailed them several times and haven't heard back! My charge is also pending.

• Lh
      5th of Dec, 2010

I also purchased boots with that same website. They claimed that there were not shipping and taxes. Yet I was charged exactly that once I imputed all my credit card information. They also claim to have a phone number to contact, but when I went to customer support, there was only an email. I sent them 4 emails and they have not responded yet. I am currently working on disputing the charges. WARNING...DO NOT do any business with this company! They are a fraud!

• Dr
      10th of Dec, 2010

I also purchased boots from that same website. I am grateful that our credit card company put a hold on our purchasing due to the amount of items purchased that same day. When I called the credit card company they told me that the charges were declined. I asked what the merchants name was and they said, "www.cnto.pay". When I googled that, it was the China National Tourist Office. I also typed up the website on the "so called..confirmation sheet", and the website was in Chinese. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM... they are a scam.
    I have spoken with our credit card company and they have it noted in the system that they are a fradelunt company and if a charge does come thru it is already noted, so disputing it will a lot easier.

• Em
      3rd of Jan, 2011

these people ripped me off bad and Capital One has not been at all helpful in helping me recoup my money. They are the biggest scam- I actually got the boots for a lot more then I was supposed to be charged and they were total crap. I told them I wanted to return them and that their website said free returns so when I said I wanted to find out how to get the shipping info for the free return they said you are free to return but you have to pay and all of a sudden English becomes a problem for them. Oh we give you discount you keep. I was like there is no way I would keep these boots. They are worse then Fuggs, they are total junk. All in all with all the hidden fees that just came up after I hit pay I was stuck with shipping and "insurance" charges that came to the amount of the boots. Plus when I got my credit card statement the charges were even higher then the receipt I printed the day of purchase. Since they were a gift for my 14 year old niece I had to go to Nordstrom and buy the real Uggs in addition to all the $$ I am out because of this debacle. It is like the person above said - all of a sudden and Austrailian website becomes Chinese. How stupid I am. I know better but was caught short because my niece so desparately wanted a pair and everyone was like no we can't afford them - so I found them cheap. UGH!! Not UGG.