Buyanimeusa / Bootlegs

United States Review updated:
This company sells bootlegged anime / manga products. They are known to cancel orders without telling you why and mis-represent their products (although true fans should know that any region-free dvd is bootleg).

N  12th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
buyanimeusa.com I don't recommend. I should have done research on them before I place an order with them. I learn this company previously many other sites under different company name that scam people. I guess this is newest facade from previous fallen site. See reference of other consumers that too have fallen to their scam. https://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=buyanimeusa&everything=Everything .

I have purchase near $100.00 with them because their price was cheap. but come to think of it, it not really cheap as their shipping cost a bundle, so bottom cost actually is the same or even higher than other companies. ... I guess I missed the shipping cost for consideration of the naked eyes for the final price.
I ordered for a friend birthday, i have given them at least 1 and half month in advance to ensure I will have enough time to receive it for a presents. Well... It had been 2 months, numerous contact partially ignored, when I do get a reply. I get please wait, we are working on it and it will be shipped soon. But hey, when I place the order, they said they have it in stock!!! I got a bit frustrated after 2 months of waiting, with no order and my friend birthday had gone and past. Now, I hope I can get my money back. I am still waiting. Based on the complaints I am getting here from others. I will never go back to them, or any of their sites as noted by others such as foxanime.com.

The whole experience is not worth it, it seem this company don’t care much about their service or their customers. They simply take the money and hope to fill the order. I hope they don’t shut down and run with my money, like their other sister site people said they have done.
N  12th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Bottom Line: Don't even consider buying from this company or any company tie with them, save yourself the headache with customer service seeking status of your order or lost of your money.

Don't even brother with Christmas shopping with them; You may not even get your items on time to make it for Christmas, even if you ordered them in OCT. I wouldn’t be surprised if you would not get your order or get your in Spring, now knowing they are Foxanime.com and also was AnimeBallZ.com. Since. I also have bad experiences with these companies. If I have had known buyanimeUSA are one of the same, I would have avoid them completely.
A  20th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
i agree i have not receieved anything yet from them. I ordered in oct 4 and it is now oct 20 and they have only sent me one email saying it has been processed!!! I will never buy from them again. Next time I will look for reviews of a site first then I will purchase from them if they are good and highly recommended. I think this site maybe a scam. I spent $54 though and I don't want them to just get away with my money!!! What can i do? Can I report them to someone????
A  28th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I completely agree with everyone and I hope there is something we can do.. My mother spent over $400.00 on this website for christmas stuff over 2 months ago and we have yet to receive any emails saying when we will receive our order and every time I call their company I get an answering machine. I found a different number online along with an address for them and I tried that number and its disconnected.. There has to be a way to get our money back I just wish I knew how.
N  6th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
HA! Ive been totally scammed! I checked their contact information in anger, and guess what?
the phone is disconnected and the address of their warehouse is the same as a SCHOOL!!!
Meaning the warehouse doesn't exist...
We need to do something about this, there has to be something we can do!!!
N  8th of Nov, 2009 by
HI there

...Is it me or the site buyanimeusa.com doesn't work anymore???
If so Ive been owned by 250$...what can we do????
A  10th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered 2 anime box sets on October 24th and its already freaking NOVEMBER!!! I have only received 2 out of the 5 emails!! There has to be a way to get our money back before they shut down. This never happened to me before but now I know!!

If someone does find out how to get them let us all know!!!
A  12th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
If you paid by credit card and the funds were taken out of your account, you have 45 to 60 days depending on your bank's policy to file a dispute and get your money back. A seller should only collect when they are ready to ship. If they have not, talk to your bank or whoever issued your card.
N  15th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
alright, so has anybody even received a DVD from this website? i ordered My Neighbour Totoro over a month ago and still haven't gotten more then 2 emails. i'm going to be quite livid if nobody has. i don't care how long it takes, i'm just wondering if they actually send off people's orders.
A  22nd of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I ordered from them on AUGUST 15 2009! and I have recieved virtually nothing from them. They will not contact me back after I have sent them over 10 emails! If anyone has any idea on how to get my money back please contact me at brianlc@hawaii.edu. Thanks..
N  23rd of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This is what the FTC says on the matter. I hope it helps

A  5th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i ordered the Gundam Wing Box set and movie on Sept. 30 2009 and here it is Dec. 5 2009 an still havent gotten anything pased the order processed e-mail its really irratating but with the prices 62.36 for the set & movie i was dumb enough to fall right into it considering it is a 150.00 set...

In all i recomend this site to NO ONE
A  16th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
this is so weird, i thought i was the only one. I order over $100 worth of stuff on August 26, its December 16th. On their website it says that if you haven't recieved your shipment email after 90 days then they will contact you asking whether or not you want a release on your funds or if you want to continue to wait. I have done a lot of looking and i found like 4 different address along with like 4 different numbers. I was so mad, my father-in-law is contacting the state atternoy general guy about it, hopefully they will be shut down!!!

A  17th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The BBB has some interesting info on the place.
N  17th of Dec, 2009 by
A  20th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
OMG!! Yes I thought I was the only one to!! I still can't believe it! I placed my order back in August 2009 and haven't recieved anything. Of course I email and the so called costumer rep email me back saying my package was lost in the mail along with several other costumers. This was the first time I been scam on the internet and I'm furious I lost my fifty dollars. We worked hard for our money in the U.S...I'm just a college student who has no type of connections, so I hope somebody out there willing to do what it takes to stop them
A  23rd of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am disputing my transaction with my credit card company after contacting them 3 times, I guess they don't even bother to reply to burned customers anymore.
A  3rd of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I feel really stupid too. I only received the order confirmation page. After 10 days I tried the order status link and the web site had been closed . Tried several times then contacted my bank to dispute the charge to my account. The bank gave me a phone # but just get a voice mail. no answers to my messages. Now the web site is back up so that they can scam more people. There has to be a way to stop them !
A  22nd of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
WOW! I can't believe i'm not the only one i ordered something in Sept. of 2009 and i was getting replys from them that kept telling me excuses about why i haven't had my package yet until i finally exploded and threaten to report them to the BBB but i guess that did none thing at all seeing how many complaints they do have. There has to be something we can do somewhere we can report this!
A  4th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Beware! Of more site of from this group of scam artists.

* Buyanimemovie.com

* Buyanimemovies.com,

* buyanimeusa.com,

* discountanimeusa.com,

* animehotsale.com

* animedvdbox.com (new one) --- just saw this on google, & to my surprise, they didn't even bother to change the bottom copy right information, it said "buyanimemovie.com" hmm. or have they missed changing it.

* Animexland.com (now) Animepia.com

And several others site (I don't recall, as they have already shutdown), All of these site have fake verification logo for security check. When clicked, they don’t work or verify the business for legitimacy. This group of people used drop box locations for their contact address as a way to cover their track where they are truly located.

These sites are all the same group of people affiliated with foxanime.com, animeballz.com (whom have ran with many people money) never ship, never response, you can checkout everyone of their sites here for complaints. I am sure more new shop with popup, and it will stack in this broad, only god knows what other sites they have. I hope this broad will help other to avoid getting scam by them. Be sure before you buy, check things out carefully.

This group of people is professional scam artists, they ran several websites spontaneously, luring customers with ridiculously low prices for products they don’t even have. They simply are there to take money, if you lucky, you get partial ship and the rest not ship ever or never ship at all. (Their focus is not on customer’s service, nor to process order, but to build more sites, so a new one can launch, after another one get shut down). Legitimate business doesn’t do that. Their company name is their reputation, but for this group of con artists, they only care to steal your money, and move on to the next website. I hope someone can put a stop to their evil practices to avoid more people getting scammed. I do my best to share what I have learn so people won’t get scam like I and other here whom have been scammed before from this group of dead beat scam artist.