Buy Discount Cigarettes.com / Double Billing / No product received

1 Jemez Pueblo, United States Review updated:

First of all, thanks to all of you who e-mailed me regarding this issue. I received tons of e-mails from people in the same situation. I want to remind people that they need to file a complaint with the New Mexico Attorney General at www.nmag.gov and rather than mailing it, fax it directly to them at [protected]. There is power in numbers. I am somewhat at a stand still as far as being able to go any farther with this as I think the company has covered it's bases pretty well as far as not being able to be contacted. I did, however, send 2 e-mails through the buydiscountcigarettes.com website today and neither have been returned undeliverable as of yet. Lastly, spoke to Larry Barker today, who is an Investigative Reporter for KRQE News in Santa fe, and he assured me that he would look into this. What comes of it, who knows, but at least it's a shot at putting some pressure on this company. If any of you have any new information please don't hesistate to e-mail me. Best of luck to us all!

Jeff Kimbel
JCK206@AOL.COM

Comments

Wi
  21st of Nov, 2008

Dear BuyDiscountCigarettes.com Customer,

By popular request we want to announce that we have opened a new and
larger customer service facility with an expanded number of personnel,
and that you will now be able to dial in and talk to a live
representative 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for placing orders and
checking order status! Most of you use our automated website to perform
those functions, but for those that appreciate the live help you will
now be able to reach us around the clock. We are very proud to be able
to offer this vastly improved service to you. Nobody else in our
industry offers this level of live support.

Customer Service Team
BuyDiscountcigarettes.com
(888) 437-9797

Te
  5th of Dec, 2008

RUN, DO NOT WALK, RUUUUUNNNNNN!!! TO YOUR BANK AND FILE A FRAUD COMPLAINT!!!

I was hoping I was an isolated case of just very poor customer service, but obviously that is not the case. They nailed me for $175.00.

I placed my order on Nov. 8, the funds cleared my account on Nov. 12. As of Nov. 21 I still had not received the order. I teleponed the company. Miraculously, someone answered the phone the first time I called. She told me there had been a delay and that the order would be shipped in another week or two, maybe. I politely canceled the order. I inquired when my money would be refunded. I was told it would be returned to my account within 3-5 days. I even gave them time for delay over the holiday, but as of Nov. 28 still no refund. I've called four more times since then. Auto redial and a few hours of doing nothing but hitting it repeatedly is the only way to get past the busy signal. Dec 4 they told me it would be 2 to 3 WEEKS before the money would be refunded.

I filed a fraud complaint with my bank today. I had to close my account and open a new one. The bank will recover the money if they can, but it's not likely I suppose.

I also filed a complaint with the FTC. www.ftc.gov. They don't do anything but look for patterns and then maybe sic the DOJ on jerks like www.buydiscountcigarettes.com. I filed a complaint with the internet crime division of the FBI, also. And with the Attorney General Cyber Crime Task Force in my state of Texas and with the reciprocal AG office in the state of New York where Buy Discount Cigarettes is located. Because they use the United States Postal Service for delivery and distribution of the products they are defrauding people with, I also filed a complaint with the US Postal Inspector. Another agency that will likely have interest in this company is the BATF, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. http://www.atf.treas.gov/ They have been doing some investigations on these online tobacco companies so they might be interested in hearing about the thefts Buy Discount Cigarettes is engaged in.

Jo
  6th of Jan, 2009

I have experienced the same problem with buydiscountcigarettes.com and with cigarettesexpress.com. Both have a mailing address of P. O. Box 395 in Irving, NY. Both take the money and do not deliver the product. Other Web sites with the same P. O. Box in Irving, NY include 001 Cigarettes and ACigs.com. All should be avoided.