Butterfly Download Network / #1 SCAM download site!

1 Australia Review updated:

I agree with the other complaints, i read the recommendation, supporting them as the #1 download site, so i subscribed (which is something that i never do, don't let the awards fool you.) Thinking that it would be a proper site with their own software better quality music and movies but no it is just a cover up for software that i already had and anyone can get for free. I wish i had read the other complaints before signing up it would have saved me money and a red face. Easy to use? I don't think so. Oh also just a reminder that all the sites they send you too are full of spy and ad ware.

Comments

• St
      17th of Dec, 2007

STAY AWAY FROM BUTTERFLY DOWNLOADS:

I too wish I had found these online complaints before handing over a membership fee to Butterfly Downloads. They are a total rip off.

Their website promises to 'provide you with everything you need to download movies & burn these movies to disc, without an expensive DVD burner".

I perservered with their software, but found that most movie files come in either .mpg or .avi format. The software they provide (which you can get online for free anyway won't burn these files to a DVD disc. You will require a video converter, to convert these files to those which can be read on your DVD player. When I queried Butterfly Download about this, they also sent me child like instructions which made no sense. I have asked for my money back, but I'm not holding my breath.

They also refer to 'our database' which of course if really someone else's database, like Morpheus or Limewire.

Keep well away from Butterfly Download, best to just download Limewire for yourself.

19th of Feb, 2008

I so agree with everyone butterfly network I wasted my money on it and it's not worth it. . PPL Stay away from it!!!

• Ta
      10th of Apr, 2008

This website is a scam and they got me too now im trying to get my money back. I havent even been able to use their site i have been using limewire. I cant figure out to even get to their "database" i think because their isnt one.

• Am
      9th of May, 2008

I JUST BOUGHT THIS AND REALIZED I WAS SCAMMED WITH FREE DOWNLOAD SITES, NOWHERE TO LOGIN, NO EMAIL, NO NUMBER, AND NO CONTACT US BUTTON!!! $60 LOST!!! IF ANTONE OUT THERE WANTS TO HELP FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST THESE PEOPLE YOU CAN JOIN ME BY EMAILING ME BACK!!! I AM SO MAD THAT I ONCE AGAIN GOT SCAMMED!! HOW DO THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT???
    BAYOWEN@YAHOO.COM
    THANK YOU!!

22nd of May, 2008

Yup paid 30 pound for them to give me torrent links i have already been using for years !!! and are free !!! Everytime i ask for refund they send me a message telling me how too use the site . Don, t do it

5th of Feb, 2009
    Butterfly Downloads - movie and music downloads
    butterfly
    105 w ash p.o.box 1367
    Columbia
    Missouri
    Phone: 573-442-2843

they bambozzled me into thinking that i was going to ba able to gat legal movie and music downloads unlimited for one fee of 49.95.

5th of Feb, 2009

it is helpful to others to know about the scams that these websites are sending out. it can help on keeping your funds tagather.