BUSY BEES / harassed by sheriff

1 NC, United States Review updated:

yesterday feb.17.2008 i was sitting in my driveway in my car fixing to pull out when i hear a siren. well instead of pulling out just to pull over on side of the road i was going to wait for whatever it was to go by.few secends later i see sheriff car coming around the curve and i was like hmm wonder whats going on? i was soon to find out. he slams on his brakes blocks me in my driveway and i'm like he must be turning around...WRONG!!! he gets on his loud speaker for me to get out of my car well when i get out and stand up to face him HE HAS HIS GUN TRAINED ON MY FACE YELLS AT ME IF I'VE SEEN A RED CAR GO BY (BY THE WAY I OWN A RED CAR) I TELL HIM NO HE TELLS ME TO PUT MY HANDS ON TRUNK OF MY CAR SO I PUT MY HANDS ON TRUNK HE YELLS AT ME TO COME TO THE BACK OF THE CAR PUT MY HANDS ON TRUNK KNEES TO THE BUMPER HE KEEPS ASKING ME ??S AND WELL I LOOK I PEOPLE WHEN THEY TALK TO ME AND I KEPT TURNING MY HEAD TO TALK TO HIM HE WAS BEHIND ME HE KEPT YELLING AT FACE FORWARD!! HE ASKED ME IF ANYBODY WAS IN MY CAR . I TOLD HIM NO. ASKED ME WHAT WAS I DOING I TOLD HIM THAT I JUST GOT OFF WORK CAME HOME WENT TO THE BATHROOM AND THAT I WAS ON MY WAY TO THE STORE WHEN HE BLOCKED ME IN WELL HE DIDN'T BELIEVE ME WAS FIXING TO SEARCH MY CAR AND MY PERSON WHEN THIS NICE GUY PULLS OVER ON SIDE OF THE ROAD TO TELL THE SHERIFF THAT THE CAR HE WAS CHASING TURNED OFF ON A DIRT ROAD BEFOR THE COP SEEN WERE IT WENT SO THE SHERIFF TELLS ME HE'S SORRY AND TAKES OFF BACK THE WAY HE CAME FROM.. I AM A 24 YR OLD 110 POUND GIRL WHO IS JUST A LITTLE OVER FIVE FEET WHO HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING BAD BEFOR AND HAS NEVER BEEN IN TROULBE WITH THE LAW AND I'VE NEVER HAD A GUN POINTED AT ME BEFOR EVERBODY I KNOW HAS GUNS BUT NEVER HAD I HAD A GUN POINTED AT ME EVER. I WAS FREAKED OUT MY MOUTH WAS HANGING OPEN THE WHOLE TIME THIS WAS GOING ON YET HE WAS FIXIN TO PUT ME IN HANDCUFFS..WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS EVERYBODY WHO I'VE TOLD WHAT HAPPEN TO ME SAYS I NEED TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE SHERIFF DEPT BUT I'M SCARED TO WHAT HAPPENS IF I JUST MAKE THINGS WORSE FOR ME?? I THINK IT'S MESSED UP AND I KEEP THINKING ABOUT YESTERDAY BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE HARRASSED OR HOUNDED BY COPS EITHER SO WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS DOES ANYBODY THINK THAT I HAVE GROUNDS OR SHOULD I JUST LET IT GO ??? BY THE WAY ARE SHERIFFS ROUND HERE ARE STUPID THEY CANT TELL THERE ELBOW FROM THERE HINNEY OH WHEN I DID LEAVE MY DRIVEWAY I PASSED A LITTLE OLD MAN IN A RED CAR AND IT MADE ME SAD THAT IT COULD HAVE BEEN THAT LITTLE OLD MAN GETTING HARRASSED BY THE COP AND IT MADE ME ASHAMED OF OUR POLICE FORCE THAT IT COULD HAVE BEEN THAT MAN INSTEAD OF ME WHAT COULDVE HAPPENED IF HE SEEN THAT OLD MAN IN THE RED CAR FIRST INSTEAD OF ME AND HE DONE TO HIM WHAT THE SHERIFF DID TO ME WOULD HIS HEART HAVE STOOD IT? NOBODY IS TRAINED FOR THERE JOBS ANYMORE WHY DIDN'T HE KNOW THE MAKE OF CAR OR WHAT THE PERSON LOOK LIKE THAT WAS DRIVING ?? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT I REALLY DONT OH OUR OFFICERS HAVE TASER GUNS TOO BUT HE DIDN'T PULL HIS TASER ON ME HE PULLED HIS GUN FIRST ISN'T THAT SUPPOSE TO BE A LAST RESORT PULLING YOUR GUN ON SOMEONE??? PLEASE I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE ON THIS

As

Comments

Wi
  21st of Mar, 2008

Had a a run with my local law enforcement officer last summer.
over children.
Call the police over some children in the neighborhood throwing rocks and in general being bad. My son is in his yard and the children on on the street they live a few house down from us.
I had already had a run in with their mother who likes to call the police for everything and had call the police on my son before. Long story . (my son is 7 at the time) so i figure i will beat them to the punch and go against my better judgment and call the police. OH BOY Now we live in a mix neighborhood in the deep south kindda on the lower income level. (its a family house ) I am a white woman my son has blonde hair and blue eyes. CUTE I am 5"4 130 lbs.
Some of the black children were in my yard when the police showed up. The officer is an older white guy. I tell him the deal with the white kids up the street throwing rocks. He pulls me away from the children because their all there looking like children. And tells me that my trouble is i let my child hang out with the blacks. omg and that i should leave them alone, being I am new to the area. which i had only been there 5 months and had the police there at least 3 times from her calling them.
So anyways i tell the police that the black children mind better than the white children in some cases. I dont think he like that statement at all. He then walks back to the boys that are on the porch makes a comment on my pitt bull that we had at the time.
And how his pitt bull knows two different langos. Then he looks at my son and asks him if he calls the boys down the street any names. He said yes Then he asked him (my son) if he was scared of Him the police officer, (I know strange) My son says "NO" he said boy you aint scared of me. My son again says "No" he said well the only thing I am scared of is the Good Lord Jesus.
Me at this time i am thinking I have just hit the Twilight Zone or something. Then the police officer asked my son if he smoked I step back and shake my head yes at my son. He my son said yes sir. He again asked my son, Boy you ever done any kind of drugs?
My son then looks at the police officer and says what is drugs. NO i dont do drugs. MY God the child is only 7 and this police officer is damn near interagaging him. Then he the police officer says yea he does drugs, looking at me with all kinds of hate or something in his eyes. . I can tell if some one is lying they look off to the left when there lying. He looked off towards the left. Hes lying. If I was your momma I would beat you ever day.
By this time, I'm thinking this man is nuts. Let me get the hell away from him. I then tell the boys to go inside and he walks to his car and says well i'll go down there and get their side of the story. Yea right I said well there wasnt any damage so ...have a nice day. I damn sprinted back inside and closed the doors. Haven't called the police since and I told my husband I never have to again.

Ga
  25th of May, 2008

I, too, have been mistreated by the police and sheriff dept and I am disabled and have no record. I do not use the police anymore also except to get them to perform in such a way that they do not know what it is about. For instance, I report a missing persons report on someone who ripped me off. This person had active warrants on him. the police asked where I last saw him and by by crook.

Of
  27th of May, 2008

Hello I am officer Roy Kinkle. In my line of work you wouldnt believe how many 110 lb females can rumble with the big boys. Hello I am officer Roy Kinkle of the Chicago Metropolitan Police Force. If you ask me some of your recollection of the story seems a little far fetched. The part with the officer's gun pointed at you, please be reasonable, FACT: police officers often wait 5-10 seconds to engage in weapon involved physical contact. But this is not the purpose of the letter, I want to appologize to you officer to citizen how deeply sorry i am that this happened. Reprocusions are being taken to insure that this doesnt happen to another civilian again.