BUSINESS STRATEGIES GROUP, LLC / Return of Class Fees after Cancelation

1 6400 Park of Commerce Blvd. #2Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:

I attended the free Seminar that the trump institute (aka Trump University aka Business strategies) offered in Los Angeles on Jan. 26, 2009. I paid $1999.04 on that date via credit card for a seminar
that was to take place on February 6, 7 & 8th. Per the instructions on
the voucher agreement, I faxed in my notice of cancellation on January
28, 2009, prior to the 3 business day deadline to cancel.

I have made numerous requests for my refund. After a long delay, I was
told that the materials needed to be mailed back. Which I did shortly
thereafter on March 6th. Much later, I was told that they needed proof
that the materials had been mailed in. Which I immediately emailed to
Steven Scaringe on April 6th .

The only contact person willing to give me an extension, Mr. Scaringe told me he could only enter the
information into the system, but not refer me to any other department.
And his department is the only contact number that trump's many aliases provides. He has
been unable to provide me with any clear feedback on the status or
reason for the delay.

4/28/2009 marks 3 months since the time that I paid for and canceled
this course. The contract on the back of the voucher says that trump's many aliases
will return the funds in 10 days and makes no mention that this is
contingent on the materials being returned (even though they have
clearly been returned). The sales people that took my money told me in
front of witnesses that I had three days to change my mind and the
money would be returned to me.

The Trump Institute sales people and customer service department have
intentionally deceived me and fraudulently taken my money and kept it
now for three months. Trump's many aliases are in breach of our written agreement on
the back of the voucher. I am seeking legal help to get my money back plus punitive
and exemplary damages for the time value of my money and the mental
anguish and inconvenience of not having these funds to conduct my
business affairs.

Pa

Comments

7th of Jun, 2009

Fill out a complaint witht your Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's Office.

if the payment was through your credit card, which it should have been, you can file a complaint (report) with them to get your money back.

or

If you cannot afford an attorney to help you, go to your nearest university that has a law school program and see if you can get a student or an instructor to help you for a nominal fee.

I hope you get your money back!

Chill

30th of Jul, 2009

The same thing is happening to me. I returned my materials the next day. They were confirmed as received. That was December 18, 2008. It is now July 30, 2009 and no refund yet. Weekly I call the the people tell me that my refund has been approved for payment. For 7 months my refund has been approved, and I have been paying interest on my credit card for the huge balance. I guess I must get legal help also. I would have thought with a name like Trump this would have been dealt with professionally. I was very wrong.
    Frustrated in New Orleans

• Ro
      7th of Mar, 2010

Why is this not a criminal matter? Have you looked into this? I'm asking because I'm genuinely curious and I believe many will benefit greatly by your answer.

Please let me know if you've looked into putting these people in jail. I'm in Georgia and that's what we do down here. I don't want to appear ignorant and I'm confident your response will help in many ways.

I hope you reply.