Business Consulting Services LLC / Unauthorised charges

This company advertises on the internet FREE Software for making money on Craig’s List. I signed up for the FREE software that they advertised and agreed to a one time processing fee of $1.95 when I signed up on 8/25/2008. On 9/10/2008 my credit card was automatically charge $39.85 without my knowledge or permission. When I called to dispute the charge they told me that I had agreed to be charged this amount if I did not cancel the trial period after 14 days. There is no where on their website home page that says that there is a 14 day trial period to try out the FREE software they were offering. Their website is misleading and deceptive. In addition, had I not called today they would have also charge my account a one time fee of $129.85 again a charge that is not disclosed on their website home page. This company is misleading consumers into believing that the cost is only $1.95 even when they advertise the software to be FREE. There is also no where on their website home page that says the product you are about to receive comes with a 14 day trial period and you must cancel if you do not want to be charged a monthly fee of $39.85. Their internet advertising is misleading and deceptive. I would like to file a complaint against this company.

Va

Comments

• De
      5th of Oct, 2008

I got all of my money back!! I did contact the AZ State Attorneys office and found them to be very helpful
    I suggest that you all do the same
    They have a link right on their website to do this
    Good Luck!