Bush Home Services / Poor Customer Service and Workmanship

1 Homosassa, FL, United States

I had contracted Bush Home Services for a Landscape and outdoor living project. They contracted the clearing of the land with a third party vendor, which was fine! After that, the landscaping began which included a retaining wall/paver living area. Again, they used another supplier for their products. The original outdoor living came as a matching set, a kitchen island and matching outdoor fireplace. Upon delivery, I had noticed that the cabinet had a crack in it. I pointed this flaw out and Bush said that the supplier had a repair kit to fix this blemish. After several attempts to fix it, I had requested them to replace the whole set. This unit had granite countertops and granite foot rails going around the base of the cabinets. I was notified by Bush that they would have to use a different supplier. When the cabinets arrived, they were raw with etch grooves in them. My wife pointed out that these cabinets are designed to have a stone veneer finish. When I asked about it, they said that stucco could be used, but they were going to use a product called Dryvit. This is like stucco but you add the color you want and it is permanent and never needs painting. They contracted for someone to apply the finish, but if had stopped him and contacted Bush to come out and look at the job. The color looked like regular cement (gray), I was told that the product needed to fully dry before the color came to the surface. After about a week, the color never changed, and again I asked about it, I was told that I could have it painted to match the fireplace color. By now I had enough! I canceled every service I had with them. I'm now getting ready to put my house on the market. The realtor came out to do a property assessment. When she went out to look at the outdoor kitchen, she went to open the stainless steel door under the grill and the whole door fell out causing a crack in the cabinet. Once again I contacted Bush Home Services to see if the cabinets had any type of warranty or how much it would cost to repair it. I called on Tuesday January 13, 2015, and spoke to Holly, the daughter of this family run business. She took my cell number and told me she would call me back with information. Instead, she text my wife's cell saying she texted Jeremy, her brother because he handles outdoor living issues. Ever since canceling their services, Jeremy has been passive-aggressive with dealing with me. Two days went by and my wife texted Holly informing her that we haven't heard from Jeremy. Holly texted back that she will text him again. It is now Friday, January 16, 2015 and at 5:00 P.M., we get a voicemail on our home phone from Jeremy stating the best time to get him would be on Monday morning around 9:00A.M. Since Monday was a holiday (MLK), we called right at 9:00A.M. We were told that he wasn't available, so we said he has our number, please have him call. After not hearing from him, around 2:00 P.M. I decided to launch a social media campaign communicating my dissatisfaction with their customer service. At 5:00 P.M. I got a call on the house phone from Jeremy stating he would be out either Tuesday or Wednesday to look at the problem. The next morning, my social media comment must of got back to him because he called me on my cell phone on my way to work informing me that I needed to find someone else to do the repair. I write this to warn others not to do business with #Bushhomeservices. Their workmanship is poor and they could care less about the customer once they got your business. Did I mention that this project cost $80, 000.00.

Bush Home Services