Burlington Coat Factory / damaged diamond

1 200 Forest Fair DriveCincinnati OH 45240, United States Review updated:
Phone: (513) 671-8000

Burlington sells damaged diamonds. I had an issue over a damaged diamond ring my husband purchased a few years ago, I kept it in a bank safe for years and took it to another jeweler to clean and sell and discovered the diamond was damaged. I wore the ring approximately three months and stored it because it never had the brilliance it should have so I stored in a bank safety deposit box and later decided to sell it. They will not take responsibility for the damaged diamond even though I have all the paper work and receipts management would not exchange or take it back. I can also prove the ring was stored by bank statements and a witness. I feel it was in a bezel setto disguise the flaw so that it was impossible to be seen in tiny opening in the bottom of the mounting.
Something told me to take the ring back after my husband told me where he purchased it but it was a gift and I felt bad to do that. I wore it about three months and decided to store it at the bank and decided to sell it since he assured me it didn't bother him.
I will never purchase another item at Burlington Stores again! I don't trust them and they have cost us a value of approximately $5, 000.00! Oh did I tell you it was 50% off! So we are out about $2700.00 with tax! Thanks, we really can't afford the loss, we were hoping to sell this for a better ring! Now my husband's hard earned money is down the drain and we will never trust another diamond! My advise, buy a fake! They are prettier anyway!

Sh

Comments

Da
  24th of Jan, 2009

BURLINGTON DOES NOT SELL DIAMONDS. THIS PURCHASE MUST HAVE BEEN FROM ONE OF THE ULTRA JEWELRY OUTLETS THAT ARE LOCATED IN A FEW OF THE BURLINGTON STORES. THE COMPLAINT IS NOT WITH BURLINGTON BUT WITH THE ULTRA DIAMOND STORES THAT ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY, THEY ONLY LEASE SPACE INSIDE OF THE STORES.

Pa
  24th of Feb, 2010

BOOOOOOOOOOOO 4 BURLINGTON

St
  23rd of Jan, 2016

My Husband and I purchased a bridal set from Burlington aswell. It was on sale and we were able to purchase the set for $2200. The paperwork shows it is white gold with real diamonds...however... the gold has already started changing colors and the diamonds have turned yellow. I have only worn the set for 6 months and i have cleaned it multiple times with no luck of the yellow being removed from the diamonds. Some of the gold has turned a darker color and the underneath of the set has small green spots. Has EVEN TURNED MY FINGER COLORS! Any thoughts??