Burger King / rude/not correct

1 Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:

i went through the drive threw for the .99 cent kids meal like i have done before, and they did not discount me so i had to ask arent the kids meals .99 he said yes then took off 1.06 when i had two kids meals on there, so again i had to ask about this, i said i have 2 kids meals then he said you only get one .99 kids meal per regular priced value meal and i said well you didnt do that last time and some jerk employee in the back yells ''yes we did" like i was lying or something, i just then left to go to another burger king and ordered the same thing an had no problems i got 2 kids meals for .99 with the purchase of my value meal. it just goes to show that burger king will make up there own rules when they want. this was the omaha nebraska 108 Q st. location

Tm

Comments

• 0 Votes

While they were wrong, they were not rude. No does not mean rude, and different locations have different rules. As far as I know it is one kids meal, for one regular priced value meal.

• Bi
      25th of Apr, 2009

That is the same as my location as well what Trevor said, looks like they are doing you a favor and when they don't you get mad.

25th of Apr, 2009

No, this is not a legitimate variation in policy. Burger King policy and pricing is uniform and set by Burger King corporate offices, not by local stores.

You do not need to have children with you to order kids menu items either. For all they know, you are taking the orders home to children!

You need to get the address of Burger King Corporation and contact them regarding this incident.

25th of Apr, 2009

Trevor, rudeness is not in what you say, but in the way you say it.

I called a friend who is the manager of our local Burger King and he quickly informed me that what happened to TMH was neither policy nor proper.

25th of Apr, 2009

Lol I wonder how TMH was behaving. Also your posts were seven minutes apart, I doubt in seven minutes, you got off the computer, called the manager, came back and wrote your second reply after describing the situation. If you are going to BS, atleast post after a longer time. I agree with trevor it looks like no equals rude.

25th of Apr, 2009

Billy, you are so full of yourself and probably one of the people I would have had to put through my "politeness" class in any of the hotels and restaurants I have managed. In 20 years of customer service management, I have been cussed by the best and all too often it was because one of my staff either seemed rude because they were simply too abrupt or because they were deliberately rude to an unhappy customer.

I insisted on polite responses even when the customer was totally rude and obnoxious. My employees were taught to call me before things could get out of hand. I set the example by doing my very best to calm and satisfy the customer and when necessary, maintaining a polite demeanor as I told them that if they continued to make a scene, it would be necessary for me to call security or the police.

BTW, The manager's name is Tim and he is also my neighbor and friend. We are friends because of our mutual years of experience in food service and travel services management. The "seven minutes" is totally irrelevant since I called Tim before making my first post. The gap is because I got interrupted in my first post and did not realize that I had failed to include all I wanted to say.

25th of Apr, 2009

So let me get this straight, you go and read this letter and call your "friend" to see what he has to say about this.

25th of Apr, 2009

I don't think the rudeness in this complaint is the fact that they said 'no' I think it was more the fact that the guy in the back sounded like he was talking back to her and was lying.
    "you didnt do that last time and some jerk employee in the back yells ''yes we did" like i was lying or something"
    I think that's the rude part.

25th of Apr, 2009

Yes, I did Billy! Neither you nor Trevor had made your posts when I first first read the TMH's post. Bad or rude service at restaurants has always been one of my pet peeves and I wanted to respond.

Since, unlike you, I wanted to make sure of my facts and assumptions before I said something and since I know Tim, I made a quick call to him to verify what I was already sure was true before I posted a response.

TMH should call Burger King Customer Relations at 305-378-3535 to report his experience and I invite you to call also to verify their policy on sales of children's meals and whether or not they tolerate local store variations in policy.

• Tm
      25th of Apr, 2009

to set the record straight I was not rude. after i had to remind the employee that the kids meals were .99 and he only took one off i then stated I have 2 and thats when he said you only get one per value meal i just simply stated "well that did'nt happen last time, and that's when the jerk in the background made his comment. so i just left. and it was fact last time i visited that burger king that was not the case...and that was proven to me visiting a diffrent burger king and having no issues. TMH

26th of Apr, 2009

Once again, according to my information, Burger King Corporate policy does NOT allow limitations on children's meals like this so the employee was at fault whether or not they were rude.

It should not be a difficult thing for any of you critics to put your money where your mouths are and call Burger King Customer Relations at 305-378-3535 to get the straight of things.

Then again, there is the likelihood that your mothers will not let you make the long distance call.

26th of Apr, 2009

Why is he assuming everyone posting here is a kid. I am saying this because he is saying our mother's will not let us make phone calls. Why does he assume that we live with mothers. I only live with my father. Not everyone that is saying he is wrong is a kid. Oh thanks for the info louisstevenson, I never realised that they are the same person.

• Tm
      27th of Apr, 2009

I will state again. I was not rude. As a matter of fact whether I paid 99 cents or full price my children could not enjoy their meals anyway because I threw them out. I was already in a bad mood because of the rudeness that I got. My children were misbehaving so I took their food and threw it in the trash. I poured the drinks down the sink and then I broke the toys which came with the meal. My youngest was crying so I slapped her across the face because at that moment I had just remembered the rude comment from the employee. Because of his rude comment I slapped my child. My older child came to her defense. I guess the fighting was all an act to get to annoy me because later he came to defend his younger brother. So I took off my belt and hit him in the face with it. Thank you Burger King for not only your rude treatment but for ruining the meal of a single parent raising an 11 year old and a two year old.

27th of Apr, 2009

tmh, ftw!
    Now that's parenting!

29th of Apr, 2009

ftw is that backwards for WTF, if not what does that stand for? Okay, you were not rude tmh. Now put the belt down and step away from us all.

29th of Apr, 2009

Is your child a he or a she? The younger one I mean.

For The Win!

3rd of May, 2009

Mrsquigles/billydude13 you may find the last comment funny, but I find nothing funny about it. I sure hope neither of you are parents, and if you are I hope none of you are like this sorry excuse of a mother.

This "mother" has some nerve to blame Burger King for her outburst and abusive treatment on her children. It is her fault she lost control not Burger King's. If you are going to take your anger out on your children everytime you get your order wrong at a restaurant than don't have children. It is clear as that.

I am a parent myself of five and I have an eleven year old boy. He does fight with his younger and older siblings, but he does stand up for them. It is not uncommon for siblings to fight with each other, then to make up. You claim you slapped your child because at that moment you remembered the rude employee. Well so what if you remembered that. It is not your child that talked to you rudely. It is the employee.

BTW(and don't get angry at my comment and take it out on your children because you remembered my comment before dealing with them. I live in Canada. They don't have this 99 cents deal for every Kids meal when you buy an adult meal. They do however have this deal in US. Every location I travel to they have the one child meal for one adult meal policy. My husband and I get our meals and only two of our children are covered for 99 cents. And if you order one adult meal you get ONE and ONLY ONE kids meal for 99 cents. If you order two you get two. So not only were you wrong, you hit your children for no reason. I hope CPS gets involved with them before you seriously hurt them you sorry excuse for a parent. I bet with your attitude you are either lying about the getting the meal for 99 cents or you were being rude and impossible to the workers there(would not surprise me with your last reply) and got what you wanted. Well hopefully soon you won't have children to buy these 99 cent or regular priced children meals for problem solved. Hopefully CPSwill take them from you until you act more responsible and take responsibilities for your actions. There is no excuse to injure a child. Spanking or a gentle slap to correct behaviour is one thing but this is downright abuse.

What is worse is you are not admitting that it was you that lost control but you are blaming other people for your behaviour. This is the worse type of abusive parents there are. Shame on you.

3rd of May, 2009

We are laughing at how awful a parent tmh is, if indeed tmh really is a parent. We're not really agreeing with tmh. We're sarcastically making fun of her.

5th of May, 2009

Some of the threads here certainly have gone down hill in the last few days. And fast!