Burger King / rude manager stealing my change

Prospect Ave.HartfordCT, United States Review updated:
I went to a Burger King at Prospect Ave., in Hartford, CT and the woman taking my order tried to keep $5.00 from my change. I tried to ask her to give me my change and she turned her back to me and would not acknowledge me. I asked twice in Spanish, and still no response from her. Her back was to me while she talked on the phone. I waited for my salad and she still would not give me my change or my salad. I honked the horn of my car to get her attention, and she rudely turned around and started to yell at me, telling me that I had yelled at her. I had not and politely reminded her that I had not. It's not my way of dealing with people. When I asked to see the manager, I was informed that she was the manager. I noticed that her employees were intimidated by her. I could not believe it. I don't plan to return to this Burger King any time soon, that's for sure. You expect respect from others and I did not feel that this person treated me fairly. Stealing change from customers will surely make for bad business.

Comments

Ge
  23rd of Nov, 2009
I WAS A TRAINING MANAGER IN BK IN MICHIGAN.THE ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER DOESN'T LIKE ME.I WAS SICK WITH THE FLU AND MY DOCTOR TOOK ME OFF WORK FOR A WEEK. I CALLED IN EVERYDAY AND GAVE A 3 HR ADVANCED NOTICE EVERYDAY.WHEN I WAS ABLE TO RETURN TO WORK SHE A WRITE UP FOR NO NOTICCE.I TOLDHER I DID AND WOULD BE ABLE TO PROVE IT WITH PHONE RECORDS AND BESIDES THAT I HAVE THE DOCTORS NOTE TAKING ME OFF WORK FOR THE WEEK. SHE COULDN'T TELL ME THE EXACT DAY I DIDN'T GIVE NOTICE.THEY SUSPENDED ME FOR A WEEK NASD DEMOTED ME AND DROPPED ME TO MINIMUM WAGE.AND THE NEXT 2 WK SCHEDULE THEY ONLY GAVE ME LIKE 13 HRS. SHE DIDN'T EVEN TAKE MY LETTER FROM THE DR. I CALLED THE LABOR BOARD AND THEY SAID THAT IN MICHIGAN A COMPANY CAN DEMOTE AND TAKE YOUR PAY AS LONG AS THEY DON'T GO BENEATH MIN. WAGE.THIS DOESN'T SEEM FAIR TO ME.ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHAT I CAN DO? I FEEL LIKE I AM BEING HARASSED AND THEY SAY IT'S LEGAL.
Ou
  10th of Feb, 2011
shudda thown your burger at her face!

Burger King Logo Burger King