Burger King / green portion in burger

1 Garden Grove, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a whopper (buy one get one w/coupon) at 15:43 hrs / 3:43 p.m. on January 4, 2008. at the Burger King on Brookhurst St. Store #11086. Since it was in drive-thru, I didn't have a chance to look at anything before driving away.

While stopping to eat the burger, I casually looked at it after I had taken a couple of bites. Something looked green, not lettuce, or pickle, but almost blue-green, I looked more closely and it was actually a part of the burger itself, not something added on top.

I stopped eating it cause it looked nasty, went back to the Burger King and contacted the manager-on-duty, who appeared to be 20 years old. I showed him the inside of the burger and asked him if he knew what it was. He said he had no idea. I said I wanted to file a complaint and he said, "we don't do that here". I asked him what I needed to do to file a complaint. At this point, I'm getting really concerned about the kind of 'whatever' attitude. He said to call the number on the back of the receipt.

I said fine, but asked to have the burger back so I had proof of my complaint, he gave it back to me at least, didn't throw it in a shredder to destroy the evidence. I later looked on the back of the receipt and its a flippin customer survey number so you can come back, buy something and then get a free whopper. I did the survey, thinking if I did maybe there would be a live person, but it was touch key thing all the way,

I then went online looking for a customer service number, corporate contact, something for Burger King, nothing. So, here I am. I'm putting the burger in the freezer till I get a hold of somebody at their corporate headquarters. Does anyone know of a corporate number I can use? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• St
      4th of Jan, 2008

I WAS BURGER KING IN HOUSTON TEXAS IN THE 77011 ZIP CODE OFF HARRISSBURG STREET
    I DON T KNOW IF THE EMPLOYEES ARE TAKING THE FOOD HOME AND NOT ACTUALLY SELLING IT OR WHAT BUT THEY HAD NO BIG PATTIES ONLY LITTLE BURGER PATTIES PASSING THEM OFF AS THE LARGE ONES.
    I ORDERED A DOUBLE STACKER MEAL WHICH IS A RATHER LARGE BURGER. INSTEAD OF BEING GIVEN A DOUBLE STACKER I WAS GIVEN A DOUBLE CHESESE BURGER WITH BACON ON IT (LOL) AND CHARGED THE PRICE OF A DOUBLE STACKER. I COMPLAINED TO MANAGEMENT AND EVEN MANAGEMENT ARGUED ME DOWN AND SAID THAT THE BURGER THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME WAS A DOUBLE STACKER BURGER. SO I ASKED CUSTOMERS IN THE LOBBY AREA TO VIEW THE BURGER AND ASKED IF THEY WERE EVER SERVED A DOUBLE STAKER OF THAT SIZE AND THE ALL LAUGHED SAYING THEY NEVER SEEN A DOUBLE STACKER OF THAT SIZE BEFORE THAT IT WAS TO SMALL FOR 5 BUCKS. THE MANAGER DID NOT WANT TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK EITHER I HAD TO ARGUE WITH HER TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND I THOUHGT I COULD HAVE IT MY WAY WITH NO FUSS AT ALL AFTER ALL IT IS BURGER RIGHT AND THE CUSTOMER IS SUPPOSE TO BE AT ALL TIMES. BURGER KING SUCKS IF IT WAS NOT FOR THE FREE WIFI I WOULD NOT EVEN COME HERE. MC DONALDS HAS YOU BEAT BY 100%

12th of Jan, 2008

Wow what a reason to get angry. Burger King has always had smaller patties so thats just how it is.

24th of Jan, 2008

Last night a friend and I decided to drive thru Burger King in Houston, TX (off of Richmond near the Loop--77027) and we arrived 10 minutes before the drive thru window would of been closed. When we drove up I looked in and saw someone looking back at us at the window. We drove up and tried to order but no response. We drove up to the window and even honked and nothing. The person I had seen was gone and no one was in sight. I was floored and so we left. I called their office and some lady answered (too bad I didn't ask her name and position---not that it would of helped) and I asked until what time their drive thru was open and she said midnight. I told her then why when we were just there did no one respond. She said we'd have to come to the window directly to order (yeah ok?!) and I told her we had come to the window and even honked. She said that was impossible and hung up on me. That REALLY pissed me off. I understand certain people have to "have" certain jobs but customer service is customer service. I also could not find a complaint number or anything so lets see if this makes its rounds.

• Ow
      20th of Feb, 2008

Burger King - Store # 11921
    Columbia Road, NW
    Washington, DC

02/20/08 - 19:24:01

Order Number: 162751
    Ticket #151

By the time I reached home (five minutes) the burger was cold - no-where near hot. The meat had no flavour to it - tasted very bland. What happened to the explicit stipulation about keeping meat at a required "safe" temperature?

The lettuce (if you can call it that) was a few miniscule discoloured scraps - (less than the Carry-Out Receipt.

I had asked for onion as well - which I was told was included - but was conspicuous by its absence.

This is one of the worst - most tasteless burgers I've ever had...

• Bi
      10th of Mar, 2008

How do you people eat this ###! Do you not care at all what you are puting into your bodies?

14th of Apr, 2008

I was at the Burger King on 75 Tacoma Dr Dartmouth, ns, Canada. I ordered the English muffin sausage breakfast combo. the only thing they got right was the juice and hash browns. At one point I witnessed the manager of the day remove some food from the warming rack and asked the cook to discard it but the cook only put it back on the rack and told the manager "some one may order one yet" That is very poor Quality Control. I told my son about it and he laughed and said he knew what I was talking about. They hardly ever get an order right.

• Me
      15th of May, 2008

Corporate Offices:
    Burger King Holdings, Inc.
    5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
    Miami, FL 33126
    (305) 378–3000

I also just had a somewhat MAJOR problem with BK and looked for a place to complain and hopefully get answers. I found this on the website under investor relations...it's a start. I had an order in the drive thru the screen said $4.67 the gal said $4.69. I thought it was a mistake and didn't say anything. Now I didn't get a straw she was rude swipped my card for $4.69 and the recipet on my bag says $4.67...If they are getting 2 cents from all people that let this go...That's quite a bit of money over a period of time!

2nd of Jun, 2008

I, too, have had a problem finding a telephone number on either the receipt or from the BK in question (there is a survey number) or from the internet. They do not wish to hear or discuss problems.

I would love to speak to the 'turnaround man'. He has some serious work to do and as a former small business owner I could give him some insight...serve the customer well, with respect and give value for money; you are only then a winner!

After being on the road for 8 hours we were tired and very hungry...our initial thought was for a pizza but saw BK and thought why not? Now I know! The burger my husband ordered was tasteless and hard about the edges, my vegetarian burger was overcooked and also hard about the edges...the onion rings were pale on onions and cool...we were served quickly with not so much as a howdy-do...might we please have straws? A hand streaked out the serving window with the straws and closes!!! Service, no smile!

I asked a gas station attendant nearby for an area code and called BK for a store number...they fibbed and now after 1 week of calling and leaving messages (2 days is the maximum for a call back according to BK????) I found the corporate office number and called...’leave a message’...I called back and asked to speak to the CEO (my husband is a diplomat and it pays, ‘usually’, to go to the top) the operator sent me, without a word, back to Customer Service and of course a message, after the same interminable wait...I called back and asked her not to hang up on me (which she had done…Florida office) and not to send me to a recording again...she did and, therefore, here I am.

BK has serious issues and I deserve to tell my story...that evening after a few bites we trashed our long awaited supper and I feel our money!

I wish to be reimbursed and I wish to hear from a real person! I feel it is my right to receive an answer for the poor meal and service.

• Br
      7th of Jun, 2008

My complaint is with the Louisville, Ky location on Bardstown Rd at the Gene Snyder Expressway.

I ordered a double Whopper "My Way" and appeartly the cook or "assembler" had a difference of opinion.

While I was at the window waiting for my double Whopper "My Way" ... the cashier was arguing with the "assembler" about how to fix my double Whopper "My Way". Well, I guess he won the argument and I wasn't even in the argument!! He showed her that she was not to argue with him. He knows it all!!

When I got home (2 minutes away), I sat down to eat my double Whopper "HIS WAY" ... and it sucked!!

• Bz
      11th of Jun, 2008

Guys, it's fast food. What you see is what you get. You aren't eating at a four star restaurant. You are eating at a fast food restaurant. Buying fast food is like buying a car "as is." You take it or leave it; what you see is what you get. If you don't like the way it came out then don't eat fast food. These places serve millions of people a day and couldn't, frankly, give a crap that your burger was overcooked. Dealing with the sheer volume of complaints is not worth it. At all. So in the future, save yourselves some hardship and go to an actual restaurant or make your own food.

• Ha
      12th of Jun, 2008

There are two pole street light type lights that have been out for severarl months at the BK #4720 in Webster. It is very dark at night as you enter the building. It is an invittaion for trouble

WHY havenlt the light bulbs been replaced? Also, the BK sign has no lighting at night. It needs to be fixed too.

Come on. Lets get to it. Get something DONE!

• El
      31st of Jul, 2008

I THINK THAT BURGER KING'S RESTAURANT'S DO AND HAVE MAKE MISTAKES BUT NOBODY PERFECT AND SO CUSTOMER'S INDEED SOMETIMES OVER EXAGERATE THEIR COMPLAINTS SO BEIGN PATIENT AND HAVING THEIR FOOD DELIVER SHOULN'T BE A HASLE...EMPLOYEE'S SOMETIMES GET FRSTUATED BECAUSE SOME CUSTOMERS GIVE THEM THAT LOOK AND CAN'T SEEM TO WAIT AND SEE THEIR BUSY...!

• Th
      13th of Aug, 2008

i got a to go order and it was wrong and the meat looked nasty and it taste awlful i am never eating here again.

• Up
      20th of Nov, 2008

lmao at the guy saying he was ripped off cause he got a double cheeseburger with bacon instead of a double stacker and the smaller meat...surprise bonehead, it's the same meat used for both, only difference is with a double stacker you get a sauce and with a double cheeseburger you get pickles ketchup and mustard. everyone complains about customer service today and that the customer is always right. That went out the window years ago when customers quit acting civilized and started acting like complete [censored]es.

• Di
      16th of Mar, 2009

my complain is towards burger king in orangeburg sc on john c calhoun dr the mangers don't have a scheldue up but they want you 2 cum 2 work datz messed up

• Dt
      24th of Apr, 2009

Call and complain to corporate 305-378-3535. And asks to speak to your local manager.

• Sm
      22nd of Dec, 2009

I have been looking for the number for a while now. I've read all the complaints above and the one I completely disagree with is that we got what we paid for???? Its fast food!!! Of course it's fast food that's why we've stopped there. We were in a rush or busy. Does that mean we deserve to get bad service or really bad food. What about someone being rude to us. I stopped at this so called resturant in Angleton, TX. and it has rude people, bad food, bad service and they shorted my order. So please so say we got what we paid for, because thats not what I ordered.

• Un
      31st of Dec, 2009

Hello, I work for the Burger King restaurant in Fayetteville located on College ave. The owners of the store are L.W Clark store # 1982. The employees have been having a lot of problems with getting paid their wages the past few months. It seems there is never money in the bank to cover our checks any more. The bank just hands us our check back and tells us the account has insufficient funds to cover the check and it has bounced and to contact our employer. When we do we are basically told it's not their problem and to just try again until it goes through. This is i huge problem for all of us seeing how most of the employees live paycheck to paycheck and have utility bills, car payments, and rent due on paydays. I am just asking for a little help to resolve this problem so all of us that work hard and dont always get our money.

• Go
      10th of Jan, 2010

Well, guys, here's something to think about, that will probably get you to stay away from BK. My son worked there as a fry cook for a while, and told me never to eat there. If I knew some of the food preparation nightmares that go on, I'd puke. One mild yuck is that they actually pour extra grease on the burgers so they'll look extra juicy.

• Bu