Burger King / refusal to honor free food certificate

1 Ettrick, WI, United States Review updated:

Went in to buy a pair of whoppers for my son, this done iI was given a small reciept and it said if I called the number on the reciept I would recieve a free WHOPPER for my efforts. Today I took he reciept back to redeem it, wel when I tried to redeem it, first I was told I had to buy one to get one free, then told that instead I would have to buy french fries to get the free burger, well this was not printed on my reciept, but evidently if you has recieved a longer copy of the same reciept that might have been on it, As a matter of principle, based on what I was told on the phone and my reciept I was to be rewarded for making the call at no cost to myself.Well 4 employees were telling me through the window that I waould have to pay for the fries before I recieved the Whopper, well I had also ordered a large milkshake for my son, so at this time if it ment so much to them that I purchase the fries, which I didin our not want anyway, I told them to return my reciept, which they did after I again demanded its return very loudly. At this time, I informed them that since they would not honor their corperate giveaway of Whoppers, I would not purchase anything from them and left. Much to the disappointment of my son. I and a 60 year old man who could care less about BurgerKing, which has become the most high priced fast food name in the area, having gone up atleast $1.00 on all their products, including now charging over $2.20 for a large diet soda. I was very disappointed in the entire Burgerking expierence, and I can insure you that I and my family, which totals 23 adults an kids will never shop there again. And will inform all our friends of this matter. At this date and time you cannot aford any loss in business. By the way this perticular Burgerking has a reputation for poor service, poor food and very rude and poorly dressed employees. Being right by VSU(state college)its losing business to a chinese takeout place because of this. Better food/prices and employees.

Comments

Ia
  11th of Nov, 2009

you have 23 people in your house meaning you have 21 kids?